Masters Running

Thursday, 10.29.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

If Twocat says I have to continue to post early, than I shall. I always do everything that Twocat tells me to do.

I went for a deep-tissue massage late yesterday, and I'm still feeling the "glow" from it this morning. She said to let it calm down for at least a few days before I go back for more torture treatment.

OK, back to work.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

coastwalker I need part of my fence repainted. I think this Sunday should work. 

Holly S. that doctor of yours is one smart cookie!

My DW has turned into a big fan of my smoked salmon and thinks I should make it for our post Thanksgiving turkey trot brunch with our friends. Rather than risk losing it I posted it on my Allrecipes page http://allrecipes.com/personal-recipe/64509257/slow-smoked-salmon/. Doing it yourself is easy, save you 75% of the cost of commercially prepared salmon and taste way better too!  Just for the record, the Allrecipes web page update is still horrible, awful, no good plain ol' bad! 

No running on my part today. Just an hour on the elliptical.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

No running on my part today. Just an hour on the elliptical.

........w0w..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Image result for running love  Have wonderful Thursdays, everyone!

grins,

A.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Finally shook off the fatigue and ran 3.4 on a gorgeous morning with the Saint at the park.  Ten minute miles.   Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Amy - Love that!

The vet said Dexter is doing great, just no running for 6 more weeks.  Tell that to Dexter, though!   I caught him running back and forth along the backyard fence last night.  Now he gets tied to a chain every time he goes out.  I feel his pain.....

Moebo - another week until I can run again.

P90X Legs and Back today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Poor Dexter AND Holly  .

Here's the latest from my bosses: "as a small token of my appreciation for all your hard work, I’m approving dress down for the month of November."  --Kinda makes you question the point of the dress code if it's waived all summer, Fridays, and now an entire month.....she observed sardonically.

....just worked a case wherein the parents named their child ESPN. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I feel his pain.....

{{{holly]]]

[[[dexter]]]

[[[Ever'body Else]]]

================

20-min elliptical (how the hell can twocat knock out 60-min??...astounding))

and

40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, deo

.......fixed the Blister Problem,

since I had  my stride changed,

my Blisters now go Front to Back instead of Side to Side

...................good running guys

ETA-

aamos//....we had a family actually name their kids-

Pajama (pronounced Pa-Ja-May)

and

LemonJello (pronounced LehmanJehlo)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, dear....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

moebo

Got out early for 4.8 easy miles. With a warm--almost summery-- breeze in the air, and a bright moon ringed with clouds, it was just one of those my life is wonderful runs.

Holly, not much longer!

Amy, it seems to me that hard work might merit something other than a dress-down month--like maybe some monetary compensation?

And ESPN? Oh dear.

Amy - my DH is a bailiff for a judge who handles name changes. He's come home with some whoppers!! This judge also does termination of parental custody and other nasty stuff.  One woman was in court last week fighting to not lose custody of her six children. That she had with six. Separate. Men. None of whom are in the picture for any of these poor kids - oldest one being 8. It just makes you sad...

On a happier note, we're leaving for Denver tomorrow morning. DD#2 lives there and her boss gave her four FREE tickets to the Denver/Green Bay game! What's the weather forecast Carolyn?

4 miles this morning. 44° and drizzle. Yuck.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

On a happier note, we're leaving for Denver tomorrow morning. DD#2 lives there and her boss gave her four FREE tickets to the Denver/Green Bay game! What's the weather forecast Carolyn?

4 miles this morning. 44° and drizzle. Yuck.

I tend to root for the Packers if the Pats aren't involved.  With them playing Denver, it's a no-brainer.  Have a cheesy good time!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

I ran 4.3 this morning in Barboursville Park.  A couple guys were there with 4 beagles (or beagle mixes).  One the dogs starting coming along with me and he must have a had shock collar on because when he didn't respond to being called he started a painful yelp.  He stopped running and came and sat next to me.  After a couple times of that I realized what was going on.  He thought I was inflicting the pain.  I assured him I would never do that and finally got him to turn around and go the other direction.

Work is pretty much unimaginable at the moment.  Everyone is juggling multiple projects, working overtime and burnt out.  I really don't see how the moral will ever come back even if the work load goes back down.  But they are buying pizza for everyone tomorrow, so who knows?   I usually work form home on Fridays but maybe I should go in and get some free pizza.  Only cost me $6 or so in gas money to make the round trip.  As long as I get some regular running in and spend a little bit of time each week learning a new computer language I will be fine (I think.)  I have been taking some on-line classes in a programming language that is popular among companies that are moving their stuff to the cloud.  It is kind of fun and could come in handy some day.

Beautiful day today. Right now it is 64 and sort of sunny except for the amazing looking white clouds in the sky.  Different shapes, sizes and types of clouds buzzing along at different speeds and heights.  Gusty winds blowing the leaves around.  I usually spend many hours raking in the fall.  This year I will not be raking at all!

evanflein

Dave, the morale is low and stress is high around here, too. No free pizza though. Spent part of yesterday before a review team, justifying our continued existence. We are in the system office, and with the budget picture being what it is (dismal), we're under review for opportunities to streamline, merge with campus operations or eliminate parts altogether. Ah yes, fun for all (not). I'm just taking it as it comes since other than providing some input and answering questions, there's not much I can do. Work goes on...

We got snow last night, and it's snowing a bit now. Could be a couple inches on the ground when all is done, and maybe more for the weekend. At least it's cold enough, and has been cold enough, that it's not melting and making a mess. Yes, when it's going to snow, I prefer it colder than warmer! It's about 28° now and might get up to 30° or so. Just as long as it stays dry and doesn't get icy!

I brought my running stuff but figured this would be a non-running day. We'll see what happens though. Something about work these days that makes me need a run to clear my head.

Henrun

In contrast to Alaska it hit the mid 70's here today with a blustery wind. Went out for asproinky 4 miler wth shorts and singlet.. JLynne, regardless of the weather enjoy the game. Since our visit to Green Bay we've become Packer fans, after the Pats ( like Stumpy).