Masters Running

Friday the 13th - Yikes! (Read 451 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yeah, i'm not really that worried, just being facetious.

yeah, i'm not really that worried either, just being facetious too.

What me worry? After all it's only a marathon.

The fact that I couldn't break six hours in this year's first five marathons and this year may be the first year I can't get into the five hour range has nothing to do with anything.  ha ha not not not.

dove/mariposai - actually, that's good news about your regular starts at 8:00 a.m.  I tried to keep up to francesca in the 2008 tunnel dove did too when francesca caught up to me around mile 20 and it pulled me to a 5:29 so I'll be thinking about trying to keep up to you too for as long as I can when you catch up too.

Thanks.

ps - I'm not worried anymore.   

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...Good,

I was afraid you were taking this Seriously tet......

so,

unless the last 28-finishers are Ritually Sacrificed, Just Enjoy the Ride........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

. I run at 1200-1500. not 5500-7000 ft. Is there really much of a difference?

and I'm sure the scenery will be breathtaking.

Literally I'd think!

Good luck all you racers.

Got my butt out of bed late but went for a run anyway, just figured I'd come into work late, because who cares?  60F but it felt hot and muggy and I had dead legs, for no apparent reason.  I woke up feeling a bit hot, so maybe something was off.  4.3 miles.  Some guy waiting for his bus asked me for the time.  As if my Garmin is actually a BIG OL WATCH or something.  As if I want to stop running.  As if I want to turn my headphones off.  As if I want to stop my Garmin and walk back to him to give him this most important information.  And, as if I can actually see the tiny printed time on it, that I have to switch to a different screen to access.  But I did anyway and felt guilty that I may have misread the tiny print time for a few miles until I stopped to double check.

Then we had thunderstorms later in the morning.....I love a good thunderstorm.  But it set off the fire alarm system here.

Looking forward to a trail run this weekend that has 1000ft of elevation gain all crammed into the second mile.  What percent grade is that?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

ooopssssssSurprised I knew that I would get introuble when I mentioned only one bike god's name this morning...but hey my roachrunner...thanks for the input...I found a very nice girl's saddle in the link you provided and it should arrive to my place next week, perfect time for post marathon biking!

Spareribs, you have one gifted artist there! I send the picture to my papa. He is a wood's craftsman too and I am sure he will enjoy seeing this picture.

FINALLY the weekend I have been waiting for is here...Halleluyahhh!!! 

As this is playing on my CD player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIFGRlT1Ow&feature=related, I am ready to embrace the weekend, how can you not?

Go tamster go!!!!

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I had a pretty good test run yesterday, and wanted to run today, but decided to go to the gym with DH today so as not to push things too fast. Leg a little sore in the afternoon, but ok now at 10:40 p.m. I think the 8k will be fine tomorrow, but the real test (of both my fitness and the leg) will be the Gold Discovery run next Sunday. Tet, thanks for the e-mail full of cautions, but I'm going to do it no matter what. The variable will be intensity, so can adjust at the last minute. 

SteveP

Thanks jay and mariposai and everyone from yesterday.

Don't worry.  I am not panicking

I do not have taper madness.
              I have never had taper madness and never will
              After all, it will be my 151st marathon in 36 years, you know.

Whatever will be will be and it doesn’t matter

It's not that big a deal if I don't break six hours.

It's all good exercise I wouldn't otherwise get
              I am not worried that I did not do enough training
              I am not worried that I did too much training
              I am not worried I’ll go too fast and hit the wall

I am not worried if I will wake up in time
              I am not worried about what to wear
              I am not worried the tunnel will be too wet
              I am not worried about if it will be too hot in the sun
              I am not worried my knee will go out

I am not worried that the title of yesterday's daily will be my time.
              I am not worried about whether to carry a hydration pack or not
              I am not worried about a good enough flashlight for the tunnel
              I am not worried about whether to put on sunblock before or after the tunnel

I am not worried I should be doing other things other than running all day long
              I am not worried about all the sharp, crushed-gravel “improvements” on the trail
              I am not worried because I can only find one of my Merrill Bahria Trail Thongs
              I am not worried about the abrasion the other thongs caused during training
              I am not worried that my thongs will break on me again

I am not worried if I should carry an extra pair of thongs
              I am not worried about another bear in the middle of the trail this year
              I am not worried about the cougar seen there last week
              I am not worried that I can’t remember other things not to worry about
              ......help!......

"I'm not worried yet said Tet Won't Fret."

SteveP