Masters Running

Merry Christmas [and running] (Read 33 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Looks like rest of you are busy unwrapping all that new running tech and apparel. 

Out for 3.2 mile predawn run this morning through the neighborhood in rain, wind, and temps in the low 50's F.  Sort of a nice Christmas present to run in December in these temps.

Merry Christmas.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

coastwalker

Mornin' Joe, and everyone still sleeping/running/unwrapping!

Nice to see Milktruck posting, and I share your good wishes for Nicholas.

Aamos, it's very good to know that your SD friend is doing well. I hope the new treatment keeps her on that positive path.

So sorry about the failed sump pump, Jlynne. There is never a good time for that, but it happened to you at a particularly unfortunate time. It will cost you some bucks, but I hope you can get it resolved and still close on the sale of the house on time. It is good that you are staying focused on what is really important.

We had weather very similar to Shadow Runner's this morning, but I chose to wait a bit till the rain cleared out before venturing out. The rain moved through fairly quickly because the winds were howling. Going into the wind just about wore me out, so coming back with the wind at my back was a great treat. 6.3 RW miles this morning. It was strange but nice to have 49F temps, and to be in shorts and a shirt this late in the season. However, the temps are already dropping, and will continue to do so through the day. I'll be needing my tights again by tomorrow morning.

Have a greta day, however you choose to spend it!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

4 miles on the beach just after sunrise. The temp has dropped to 60 (just like New England) but dry. Flying back tomorrow after a delightful week here in northeast Florida. Glad we were able to work in a 5K, especially since I won the 60+ AG (the only one in that AG). Back to reality soon enough.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!  (for just a little while longer)

Jlynne - how frustrating!  I hope you get it resolved quickly and that all goes smoothly next week.

My son made me the coolest Christmas present!  It's a set of coasters, but he made them like this:  He took 4" x 4" stone tiles, glued a thin cork layer on the bottom, and then covered the top with sections from an antique-looking map he had printed off from one of his video games (Skyrim), then coated it with waterproofing.  When you put them together correctly you get the map, but separately they are very cool-looking coasters.

DD made up a faux newspaper article detailing the head line "World's Best Mom" with the article going into details of why and our family pictured in the middle, and framed it.

I love homemade gifts - they mean so much more....

4 miles for me this morning in a breezy 37 degrees, followed by 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Merry Christmas to all my running friends, both real and still imaginary.  We had an excellent morning opening way too many presents at DD's apartment in Maine.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Merry Christmas too.

The Official Space Needle

It wasn't on Christmas Eve, but I remember that squishy, failed sump feeling, to say nothing of slopping around in the crawl space in those days.  yuk yuk yuk

No yuk about the Christmas Eve ham though.

thanks for the idea holly.

ps - good job henry. you not only beat all of us who thought about running today but didn't but also beat all the people I beat too who didn't even think about it. Sometimes you have to be even prouder when there's no one else there so the young'uns'll have a good example to follow when they get to our stage.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Busy day here much like everyone else. Managed 7 miles in some very nice temps and was psyched about the gift of new running socks.

Sorry about the sump pump Jlynne.

Still thinking of Deez and Nancy. Prayers being said for you all.

Cool coasters Holly. Those craft gifts are the best.

Family dinner in a few hours. Which means I will take a large helping of my craft beer stash which the guys dutifully try and then go back to the Budweisers. Always makes me chuckle.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the family time.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nice hearing about Christmases all over the world.

Nancy - how's my sandle-clad triathlete buddy doing in Macedonia?

Sunny Christmas.

Not one to let a rare sunny break go to waste, especially in December on Christmas Day, did a first Robin since they quit the annual in-line skate marathon that was otherwise popular up until 10-12 years ago. No 26.2 miles today though: 2.8 miles around festive Green Lake Santa Clause hatted runners and dogs but mainly kids on new bikes, trikes, scooters and even a squatter of some sort kind of like a space age version of the hard-plastic Green Monster I spent one Christmas Eve assembling for my then 8-yo son.. Time Flies.  .
                  three's a crowd.

Nancy saying that five is not a crowd to cook for is like, after she ran a 300-miler in Alaska this summer, francesca saying a hundred miles isn’t that far to run.  whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Merry Christmas to all my running friends. I am sorry to hear about Nicholas's illness and Nancy, my heart goes out to you and your family. I know you will make this trip special. Cherish the memories.

Tomorrow will be exactly a month since my foot surgery, what a long time of no exercising! After all the family left on Sunday we took the dogs on a 1 1/2 mile walk.  That was the first I had done that and it was still painful. Today I did the same loop and ran did a walk tun of 5/3/1/9/5 so 12 minutes of running. It hurts, but it tolerable. Maybe the C25K is what I should do but would rather get back to running the lake quicker that that.

We we had a great time with a houseful of kids and grandkids here last weekend.  The fart-blasters were a hit with the grandkids but not their parents! 7 adults, 5 grandkids under 5 and 5 dogs for 3 days makes for a lot of commotion. The 9 meals were simple and went smooth but still a lot of work. No bourbon sweet potatoes on the menu and probably just as well. MrStarr helped so much in the kitchen and now we have all the decorations put away. What a good feeling that is.

Hiya Amy, so glad your friend is getting the treatment. Hope it makes a difference.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Great to read the many happy posts around here.

Holly, I really love home made gifts as well. The gift of time is priceless.

We had a nice Christmas day today. We skiped with our son David and his girlfriend in Germany last night. It was a very, very special moment for all of us. The Easy Pacer, son Daniel and I ran for 6 miles today after we opened presents and had a nice chat time. Then I took the time to pack for my trip overseas and proceeded to cook my part of the meal for tonight. We are going to see the Hobbit as a way to wrap up this lovely day.

Blessings to all.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello and Merry Christmas everybody!

It's been pretty busy here, today, but I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas before getting to bed...yep...I work tomorrow.

See ya!

evanflein

Wrapping up the Merry Christmas wishes (It's just past 11:15 here!) to everyone! We had a nice day starting with DS1 and his GF showing up half an hour early (yikes, still in my bathrobe!) for breakfast and presents. We had pancakes (chocolate chip for the boys, blueberry for DH and me) and eggs, then opened presents. Then DS1 and his GF left to go pick up the kitten he got her. We met the kitten later, what a cutie!

Ran 5.1 hilly miles by the house today before finishing up the broccoli salad for tonight's dinner at my brother's. DH made molasses spice cookies that were a real hit, and a banana bread that stayed home.

I'm off for the next week or so, but will go in to my office a few times to get some work done and clean up a bit. Nice to have uninterrupted time to spread papers and files all over, and then figure out what's what.

(Trackrat, I'm definitely up for a run in the next week and a half or so! Weather looks good even with the new snow!)