Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e Feb 10th (Read 396 times)

Another week has flown by... BTY- 18 miles...nice and steady Dark Horse-10 miles...then fell off the face of the earth??? Dutchie42- 44.4 km...I'm not very good at converting,but nice week... evanflein-45.05 miles...In sub zero temps...WOW evryday-34 miles...WEEKLY PR...way to go!! JJJesse-70.25...Lots O' miles...nice job!!! lyndenrunner-27.2...trying to avoid falling on the ice nowor-7 miles + stength,core+yoga pfriese-40.6...including a nice half marathon... seemomgo-16 plus some nose wiping...better now than later in the season... SteveP-9.9 miles...grandbaby distractions are the best kind... tetsujin209-5 wonderful loving every minute of it miles... Keep up the good work...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@7:53 Tue-Off Wed-8@8:28 Thur-5@8:02 Fri-5@7:51 Sat-9@9:30 Sun-6@8:21 Total=38 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      SteveP

Another week has flown by... SteveP-9.9 miles...grandbaby distractions are the best kind...
        DW and I spent $250.00 and had a private detective do a back ground check on the kid and it came back clean. DD#1 is allowed to keep him. Monday: 4.97 Tuesday: 4.09 Wednesday: Off Thursday: 3.59 Friday: 0 Staurday: 0 Sunday: 0 Total: 12.65

SteveP

BTY

Hi Gordon - Week 1 of 10k Training Program from that other site (plus beginning strength training again): Sunday...........Rest Monday..........3 miles easy running (3), 1 x 10 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Tuesday..........5 miles with fartleks (5), 1 x 12 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Wednesday......3 miles easy running (3), 1 x 13 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Thursday.........6 miles easy running (6), 1 x 15 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Friday.............3 miles easy running (3 inc 7*100m strides) 1 x 16 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Saturday..........6 miles easy running (6), 1 x 17 pushups 4-2 cadence (check) Total Plan.......26 miles easy running including fartlek ( 1 day) Executed.......26 miles easy including fartlek and strides (1 day each) plus 83 pushups (it's a start)
            Thanks LDR for your continued work! The weekly really helps me stay motivated. Mon.....rest.............rest Tues....6 miles..........rest Wed.....6miles..........rest (last weeks pr did me in) Thurs....rest............rest Frid......6 miles.........6 miles Sat.......rest............6 miles Sun......18 miles........18 miles Total 30 miles
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            seemomgo

Gordon you are the best for doing this!! I am hoping for a healthy week! Monday...hack a lot, sleep a lot Tuesday..hack more, try to run on treadmill, get a mile in and go rest Weds.....Hooray for doctors!! Now on antibiotics for wicked sinus infection Dead Thurs ....2 on the treadmill Friday....Finally!!! 5.5 on the treadmill - felt great and wanted to go more! Sat ..... 5 Sun......2 Total 14
              Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon. Nice summary. BTW, 44.2KM = 27.75 miles Mon.....45 min swim training: lots of butterfly. Was my first time. I'm pathetic. By the end of the year, I want to be good at it. Tue.....upper body strength training, pyramid style plus abs. Boy my shoulders feel it. Wed....15K run and 21 minutes of LB strength training (light weights) Thu.....60 min swim class. Did 700 meters in 30 minutes (record for me) and 1100 meters in total (another record for me). Fri........9K Tempo run and a thorough stretch Sat.......6K easy run with the dogs, then a short endurance lower body and longer upper body strength training incl. abs and a nice stretch Sun.....28.22K to finish the week. Ran more than I planned cause it was such a beautiful day. My feet hurt! total 58.22K = 36.38 miles

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

GreenMan

Thanks Lynden I'm experiencing a problem with left adductor so may have to slash and burn this schedule. M....................Rest..................................rest T....................6 recovery..........................7 run walk w...................9 w/ 6x800 10K pace..........postponed T....................6 recovery............................9 got'em F.....................CAMPING???........................3 on the puny side. S...................16 w/4@ HM..........................14.25 S....................9 GA...................................0 total...............46........................................33.25
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                  evanflein

Hey Gordon, my cross training is getting off to a lousy start this week. Monday was cross training day and I totally blew it off in favor of an unscheduled rest day. Something about dealing with constantly sub -20 and -40 temps that just wears you down after awhile... So, here goes; I'll squeeze in some XT where I can... Day....................Plan....................Actual Monday................XT......................Nada/Zip/Zero Tuesday..............5 w/3@10k pace....6 w/3@10k pace (7:30) (.5 at 8:34 breaks) Wednesday..........8 w/5@MP...........8 w3@MP (8:34) (why was I thinking 5??) Thursday.............5 EZ....................5 w/2@MP, 1@10K pace in the middle Friday.................Rest Day..................Accomplished Saturday.............8 EZ......................8.25 miles of hills, not so EZ, but nice to be outside! Sunday..............17..........................We'll see.... warming trend please?
                    pfriese

Lyndenrunner, Once again, thanks for setting up this thread.
                      DayMilesComment
                      Mondayrest daydone
                      Tuesday7 miles runningdone
                      Wednesday8.15 miles runningdone
                      Thursdayrest daydone
                      Friday8.3 miles runningdone
                      Saturday6 miles runningdone
                      Sunday17.35 miles runningdone
                      Total46.8 miles runningDONE
                      Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lynden - thanks for the incentive provided our running, especially off-season, in your weekly. My weekend Sat/Sun double runs last week were in separate running weeks so today's 3.2 miler around the dirt trail venue for the 3/29 Green Lake Dizzy Daze 50K/100K gives a different kind of double run. To my surprise, though the dirt trail itself is too rough for the winter softie condition of my soles, the trail was bounded enough by soft grass to make it a fun outing, . . . and makin' me laugh out loud sometimes at the squishy feeling between my toes on some of the really wet parts. Huhmmm, maybe a long run at the end of the next month might be possible after all. ' this week - 8.2 miles Sunday (2/3) - 5 miles Saturday (2/9) - 3.2 miles YTD - 16.4 miles

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

31.9 miles this week my best since October Big grin Today's run was a hilly half marathon course of which I'm race director on March 2nd. Plan on doing it again on March 1st. I'm getting consistent with my training and hope to keep it up until I can knock it up a step in March as I get ready for half in Cincinnati May 4th. Thanks Gordon..... Have a great week everyone.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

nowor

Thanks so much Gordon. Last 4 weeks have been on and off, but the weekly keeps me accountable. Also I'm inspired by others who build up miles after distractions like new grandbaby, illness, travel... Monday-2 mi time crunch outdoor miles Tues-strength training and ball/core classes Wed-2 TM time crunch miles...and I'm retired! Thurs-core/ball class AM, yoga class PM Fri-6 miles, not IRC, but needed to Put Some Miles In Sun-Yoga class Summary: 10 miles (at least it's double digits) + yoga +Y classes Goal for next week: A few more miles + yoga + classes