Masters Running

Nice Article about srlopez in the Seattle Times (Read 406 times)

huskydon

King of PhotoShop

He deserves some good ink. Thanks for this. Spareribs

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Great read. Thanks. SR is a one of the special people in the world today.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Nice article. I enjoyed reading it . I'm one of the lucky ones who get to see the pink shirt guy at many races around here!! Thanks for posting it! Francesca
            So what's the deal Robert? You got something against Illinois?... And damn, you make it hard for me to bitch and moan about all my petty problems...Big grin
            evanflein

Thanks, Huskydon. There were some things I wanted to know about Robert but didn't want to come out and ask. This is a great article (funny how it says he joined Marathon Maniacs and THEN started running marathons... I think that part got switched around).
                What a great real life story. SR you are one hell of a "take what life gives you" kinda person You give us all hope Good luck with everything you do Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Very inspiring article......now I understand more about the "pink". Hope you had a nice run at Surf City! Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                    What a great story about a compassionate, humble human being. Keep it going, srlopez!
                    coastwalker

Great (and well-deserved) story about a caring man. But, yeah, what is the deal with Illinois?? Thanks for the post. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

wow - that was a beautiful article!! thank you for starting my day on such an inspirational note!! ((SRLopez and his JLo))

denise

Slo

Great Read ! Thanks for the post.
                          Tramps

Thanks for posting this Husky. Glad to see such a nice piece about Robert. Helps put things in perspective.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Great article!! and they didn't even mention how good he is with weiner dogs Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

xor

Huh. Well, thanks for the thread. This was unexpected Smile. If you've ever had an article written about you, you know how it works... you spend 1-5 minutes being interviewed. Sometimes they get the facts right, sometimes they get them a little goofed. You keep your fingers crossed that they won't mess up anything important. That's a nice article... I had no idea what the reporter's angle was going to be when he contacted me. He made me sound good, so wahoo for that. There is a big fact OOPS in that article. Some of you will know what it is; it is *not* critical to the meaning of the article. I do not choose to discuss it here, and though I can't really prevent it, I'm not posting this to start a game of dramatic speculation regarding what it is. So pretty please don't. But this is merely to say, a few of you will read it and say "wait a sec, I thought..." and you are probably right. The real story has an additional layer of complexity not represented in the article. Which is fine.