Masters Running

It's Friday! 3.4.16 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Jay, I didn't know race walkers fartlekked!

RCG, you'd be surprised at some of the things racewalkers do! 

Good sound effects from your run yesterday, Slo. If it were me, left would be "Whooo."

Looks like a gaggle of folks got in good runs/walks/rides/workouts yesterday - always good to see.

The only thing I'll say about politics (and I think most of us can agree with this) is that it sure is fascinating to watch all the twists and turns of this very different political season.

6.2 RW miles in 19F temps, under gauzy skies ahead of some snow flurries we might get later this morning. It was the same temp as yesterday but, thankfully, it was a lot less windy. I covered part of the course that Stumpy will be racing on Sunday, just to make sure it is in good shape for him. You're good to go, Stumpy!

Deeze, I know you're not a racewalker, but my workout was still for you this morning. I hope that Steven and everyone around him (especially you) has a better day today.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

New skirt in town

Rest day for me today, but Deez and Steven were still in my thoughts.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks yesterday, especially you TwoCat. That was not my intent. Like Jay, I'll just reiterate that this has been a year.

I hope Steven has a better day today.

mrrun

Thinking of Steven and Deeze

Probably not running today except to pick up a new Impreza - 10 years younger then our current one

re politics - agree to a separate thread as the person we believe and support is the best!

thanks Robin for another partay

marj

Slo

No crunchy snow this morning. Just unseasonably cold temps.

7.6 on cruise control. One of those mornings I wish I had a camera. The steam rising from the river and low thin clouds over the river looked spectacular.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No offence taken, JLynne--I think 2Cat is a wise man.  We have a good time here without politics--everyone needs a refuge.

The storm that wasn't supposed to make it as far north as Portsmouth has now deposited at least an inch of snow so far.  Hope this clears up by the time to head home--I didn't think it was necessary to steal DW's Subaru for the day.  Enjoy your new one, Marj. We've had at least one for most of the 35+ years we've been in Boston.

Also, no running this morning--think I'll do another leg stretcher tomorrow and then enjoy myself on Sunday.  (glad the route looks clear, Jay)

And I did register for the pre-Marathon 5K challenge in Watertown.  I foresee pain and suffering in my furture.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I don't mind the political banter herein at all

but avoid it like the plague during marathons

where it can go on for six-or-seven hours

and you feel obligated to respond.

No running for me today

or this weekend.

Too bad.

NOT

Dear Dad,
                That’s great about more meetings up here next week
                and coming up in time for tomorrow’s Old-Timer Ski Race.
                Not enough snow down below for (GS) to join you
                but he’ll have plenty for you to do on Sunday.
                Have a safe trip.
                love u.
                ps - repairs on (DH)'s pick-up you were driving

should be done by tomorrow too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

It takes a lot to offend me, JLynne, but I, too, think 2Kitty is being wise.  Like Tammy, I have a hard time not putting my personal political opinions out there, but I am absolutely fascinated with what's going on this year, and I think it's cool that so many of you are able to go out and be part of the caucuses.

I don't mind the political banter herein at all

but avoid it like the plague during marathons

where it can go on for six-or-seven hours

and you feel obligated to respond.

A couple of years ago I was doing the 3-day Western States training run over the Memorial Day Weekend (anybody can participate in the training runs).  At one point on the 2nd day I ended up in front of a woman who was talking NON-STOP - and I mean NON - - STOP! - to the poor guy she was running with at that time.  After about 15 minutes or so I couldn't take it anymore and stepped off the trail and stop long enough to let them get a good distance ahead of me.  . . . . It was either that or turn around and strangle her with a poison oak branch.

My "I'll just lay down for about half an hour" after the feeding the Zoo Crew turned in 2 hrs.  Thus, I will be running after work.  Tomorrow we're supposed to get dumped on with rain, wind, and possible thunderstorms.  That should make running in the Community Forest interesting . . . .

Have a great weekend, friends ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

After about 15 minutes or so I couldn't take it anymore and stepped off the trail and stop long enough to let them get a good distance ahead of me.  . . . . It was either that or turn around and strangle her with a poison oak branch.

you know, out on the streets, you might have to worry about tweakers robbing you so they can get their next fix, of thieves breaking into your car in a parking lot. . . but out on the trails, you gotta worry about those gnarly trail runners running up behind you with a poison oak branch.

Tammy

Sayhey! MM#130

Mornin' everyone!

No offense from down here, Jlynne!

It is what my profs at BU used to call a "critical election."  Think 1932.  Happens when big changes in issues, party leaders & powers, etc., cause changes in the status quo.  So it may be especially hard to keep mum this year.  But it's a worthy goal.

Now, about those thongs at Watertown....

Got in seven slow thoughtful miles for deez and Steven this am.

Baseball on TV last night!  And it was from just down the road a few miles (Hammond Stadium, home of the Twins.)

Well I would enjoy those photos, Slo, also of the beagles.

So every morning I have to corral the cats in from the porch.  (It's screened in, but I need to lock the house.)  I do this by shutting the house door when I get back from my run, forcing them to remain outside while I get ready for work.  Never fails; they both come and whine piteously at the door, whereupon I let them in and give them cat treats.    Think they'll ever figure it out, or is it kinda a Groundhog Day thing?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

you know, out on the streets, you might have to worry about tweakers robbing you so they can get their next fix, of thieves breaking into your car in a parking lot. . . but out on the trails, you gotta worry about those gnarly trail runners running up behind you with a poison oak branch.

Okay--that's funny.  And I'm mad that I didn't think of it first.

TammyinGP

you might think that's funny Mike - but now I'll be sleeping with one eye open during our relay in June. . .nevermind, I definitely won't be sleeping now!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

My job has been crazy-making lately (even more than usual) because the Ohio Department of Medicaid changed an important rule (without anyone seeing it coming) that seriously affects some of our clients and means a change in plans for some ongoing cases and cases going forward.  This change (which has been made retroactive to 9/29/15) will cost several of my clients tens of thousands of dollars.  So, basically, I have been seriously stressed out for about the last 6 weeks, watching the back-and-forth debates in the Elder Law community as they try to interpret what it all means and trying to figure out exactly how it will impact our clients and what we need to do to minimize the damage, if possible.  This is the sort of time when I want to sit back and just be the paralegal and let the attorney tell me what to do.  Unfortunately, my attorney is so busy he hasn't really had time to address this, so it falls mostly to me.  I can feel the gray hairs just popping out on my head.

13 miles for me today in a windy 33 degrees.  I miscalculated on the gloves, and my hands ached badly for the last 3 miles.  I must remember to stuff some Hot Hands in my pocket, even if I don't think I will need them.

{{{Steven and Deez}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So every morning I have to corral the cats in from the porch.  (It's screened in, but I need to lock the house.)  I do this by shutting the house door when I get back from my run, forcing them to remain outside while I get ready for work.  Never fails; they both come and whine piteously at the door, whereupon I let them in and give them cat treats.    Think they'll ever figure it out, or is it kinda a Groundhog Day thing?

They're laughing at how well they have YOU trained to give them treats every morning. 

And I'd be more likely to wear Tet type thongs at Watertown.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

They're laughing at how well they have YOU trained to give them treats every morning. 

TRUTH! 

Tammy - Good one!

Hang in there, Holly.  I hear Clairol works great. 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance