Masters Running

Portland, OR marathon and boomer's party (Read 546 times)

Mariposai

The Portland marathon is just around the corner. Is there anyone here who is planning to either run the marathon or interested on a " get-together" before or after the race? http://www.portlandmarathon.org/

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

I'm running the marathon... ...but I'm not a boomer. So I won't fit in.

Mariposai

Let me modify that phrase so EVERYONE can qualify Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...but I'm not a boomer. So I won't fit in.
          - me neither (other end) but mari fits us all in no matter what.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I've not signed up yet , but I'm seriously considering it.. Francesca
              So there's a choice? OK, I'll pick marathon and boomer's party.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                - me neither (other end) but mari fits us all in no matter what.
                Yeah... I must be an "other ender" too (age 1 1/2 when Hitler's troops invaded Poland to start WW II in Europe.)
                  We're there! Before, during, after. Unfortunately, it's too far to drive the keg for the parking garage tailgate party. We'll be flying this time. We're looking forward to meeting some of the left-coasters.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

I've already been answered for, but thought I'd chime in anyway. Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mariposai

Yepeee the Beers are coming, the Beers are coming...this is going to be fun!!! Sad to hear that there won't be any Beers' keg, but I am sure between Lubduck, Winejunky and the Canadian we could find the best brew from around Portland. I can't wait to meet you both.

I am so on the fence about this. I will not be ready to run another marathon, but I could show up to be support crew or just join in the pre and post race partying.....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

I am so on the fence about this. I will not be ready to run another marathon, but I could show up to be support crew or just join in the pre and post race partying.....
                          Great!!!!!!!!!! I here by designate you, my dear sistashhhhhhh as the cheerleader and leader of the support crew. MY DH and sons will be there to help you! We just got mike and duckgeek from Kickrunners join the fun gang for Portland. Hurray. This is going to be fun.

Mariposai

Ok folks it is time to be deciding where we want to meet for dinner. These two places were suggested to me. Do the Portland area folks have a better suggestion? Macaroni Grill on 3rd and Yamhill (300 SW Yamhill St.) I know that this has been a meeting place for boomers and beyond in years past. http://www.macaronigrill.com/Home/Default.aspx Pastini Pastaria http://www.pastini.net/ ..or go here to look at all the restaurants available in the downtown area and give us your suggestion. http://portland.diningguide.com/dl1dt.htm#ita

Mariposai

Time to make reservations. Please follow this link and tell me if you oppose at eating at this place, otherwise we will start counting heads and making reservations. Please tell me if you will attend the dinner and how many will be in your party. Mama mia is only 6 blocks from the Hilton, the Portland marathon headquarters. http://mamamiatrattoria.com/italian_food_portland_tours.html

Dave59

If you are going to host a party for the group, I think it should be in a more central location, like mid-Michigan for example, where more people could show up. Big grin