Masters Running

Sunday May 4 Daily - a.k.a. Marathon Meet-ups (Read 46 times)

evanflein

Excellent running there, Mariposai, EP and Wildchild! How'd everyone else do? Enke was doing the half, right? So nice to see Johnny and Shorty! And Holly made it through her race in better shape than she was expecting, and... how did Twocat do?

Well, we sure had some awesome weather in April, and May looked like it was starting out that way. But today was overcast and windy, with temps in the low 60's but dropped pretty quickly later this afternoon. My run was nice for the first half, if not a little warm and humid feeling, but wow, turn the corner and finish with the 5 mile run to the west and headwind all the way. The tree pollen is so thick it's a layer on all the vehicles, and I could feel it in my breathing. Bleh. 11.1 miles was far enough for me. Glad to be done. 41.5 miles for the week.

Bushrat Runner

Awesome runs...fun to see the progress.

I'm feeling well, had a busy crazy week of punishment for being gone so long. Nothing quite so wonderful as the first few days back in the office after being away.

But I flew Friday, ran our first ever color run Saturday with DD, and flew again today. So that pretty much makes it a fabulous weekend. All our summer staff arrived over the past few days, so we should have a whole new set of crazy going the next few weeks...but it will be fun.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey...has anybody heard from Ribs?

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."