Masters Running

6.16.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Lotsa fun gardening talk and photos yesterday! We also rely on the farmer's market for most of our veggies - they do a better job of growing things than we ever could!

Great photos from France, Marj. We've had frog's legs a couple of times - they taste like chicken...

It's good to see that Rhoon has thawed out and is posting again.

I'm so glad they found nothing yesterday, Holly. Enjoy the next 10 years without having to go through this process/procedure again.

Enjoy your week off, Deeze, and your time in Seattle to Mariposai and Two Cat.

I got up a little early this morning, fed the cat, and almost went back to bed again. But I made a left turn instead, got on my shorts, a T, and a cap, and headed for the door. It was misty and a bit muggy and quite foggy out there. The only good news was that it was cool (57F), so that helped mitigate the other issues. It was yet another morning to work on my racewalking form, and I think I did OK. 6.4 RW miles.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Heavy rain kept me awake last night so I skipped getting up to run hills at 5:00am this morning.  I was about ready to see if my neighbors wanted to join me in building a boat (or ark), but then the rain stopped.  I was worried about the basement getting wet which doesn't seem like it would be a strong selling point, but it is dry this morning.  Hopefully that means all the steps we took landscaping and upgrading our downspouts has paid off.

I did go out for 6.2 on my own around the neighborhood.  63 degrees but 100% humidity left me soaked at the end.  I worked my legs harder than usual at the gym yesterday and I could feel it this morning.  Good thing I skipped the hills because I don't know if I would have survived.

Slo

Rain Rain go away!

On the upside, the last set of storms took with it some of the temps and humidity.

What a difference a few degrees in temps and few percentage points in humidity can make. I wish I would have allowed myself more time to run this morning. Almost IRC

I can now upload my garmin info here so once again I will be keeping my log here. Garmin Connect is a joke and I'm glad to be able to keep a log here again.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Like Twocat, I don't generally enjoy running in rain, but today the temps were warm (74-ish) and the rain was very light, and so it felt quite refreshing to run in it.

4.6 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

A quick post as I start my training today. My training is superb and so is the amount of friends I am having a chance to visit. First Enkie and her kids, last night Tetsujin and this morning another non running friend.

A sunset run with taper boy aka Tetsujin was a lot of fun. He biked and guided me through path and beaches only a local runner would know. It was a lot of fun. He even had some taste Japanese hydration drinks for me to enjoy during the run.

Amazing Sunset like this is a rarity in  wet Seattle

Can you see Mt. Rainier in the background?

What do you think  of this, Spareribs Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Nancy - love it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

I saw this video of some entertainment at the Franklin Half Marathon:

https://youtu.be/WGNEacVXRQg

"As runners powered through a half marathon in Franklin, Tennessee, they unexpectedly heard an all too familiar banjo riff. When they looked up, the runners saw what looked like the cast of “Deliverance”"

I'd like to see something like that during a race.

evanflein

Great pictures from Seattle! I've been there a few times with beautiful weather. And funny, I've never been to Portland OR when it wasn't just gorgeous and sunny. I hear that's not typical. Glad you're having fun and learning lots, Nancy!

Heme, all my seeds were new and packed for this year. I think the problem was our first 10 days in June were cold and damp. We had lows in the low 30's a few nights. I think that just did them in. But, the beets are doing great and so it pretty much everything else. I just need to figure out what to plant in those rows now.

We had a moose visit yesterday morning. Did I share that already? Can't recall. Anyway, managed to chase her off and she didn't return when we were at work so... so far, so good. One moose can pretty much wipe out an entire garden in one visit.

I hear Texas is going to get an awful lot of rain today and tomorrow... No rain here though. We have some pretty big fires down in the Anchorage and Kenai areas, but not much anything up here (yay for that!). But we've got "red flag" warnings and everyone is nervous about a fire getting started that will just take off in these conditions. One big fire could pretty much ruin summer with the smoke and ash. Fingers crossed!

I'll head out this afternoon for a few miles. Trying to keep this week easy to be ready for the 10k on Saturday night.

Bushrat Runner

DS, who hates running ran again yesterday...talked himself into it by bringing the basketball. More walking than running. But some running.

And yes...hard not to thaw out. First we had no winter, apparently having exported it to Minnesota. And second, it's 80 degrees outside...not normal for this corner...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I can hear Ribs' teeth grinding from NJ. Which is where I'm now waiting to get the ac in the company car fixed. On the way down this morning, there was a warning that the engine was hot and the ac was off. Since it's 85 out, ac seems important.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya,

I don't mind running in the rain if it starts after I've started and it's above 70 degrees AND there's no lightening.  Picky, ain't I?

7 and just a tich over this am as I'm tapering.  And hoping to get in a Speedster session tonight.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Hey all!!

LaT - yes Epic is the word to describe EPIC!!  It is sooooooo painful!!

Holly - I think you are pretty amazing!! Wish you could come out and do reach the beach with us - would love to spend more time with you!!

EPIC is our new computerized documentation software -- I am so not a computer person and I can say most nurses did not go into a nursing career to spend more time on a computer! "They" say it will become as routine as driving your car to work every day, but I am still skeptical.

We keep apologizing to our patients - things take longer, everyone is learning this new system, I have never had my back to a patient as often as I have since this started -- it really bothers me. I am trying to tell myself the late documentation can be explained as long as I am still taking the best care of my patient. I refuse to focus on a computer as I help a woman push her baby out - those are moments I am not willing to compromise on.

As far as the triathlon distances - 70.3 is 1/2 distance of a full iron triathlon --- so I will be swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles then running 13.1 miles --- I am both excited and nervous since it's my first of this length.  I've done sprints -- usually .25-.3 swim, 10-15 mile bike, 5k run and

Oly or Olympic distance .9 swim, 26 mile bike, 10k run.

Nancy - beautiful pictures -- you really know how to cherish the gift of running and friendship!!

Aamos - how about you? Have you decided if Rosie Ruiz Fan Club will fit into your schedule?

Today 1 hour coached swim followed by 1 hour computraining .... then cut, color and a few foils --- a girl has to look purty for her first big tri!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yay, I wasn't dreaming, after all.

.. ....

After last month’s Bloomsday 12K, forced me to realize I can’t keep up

with the Butterfly goddess anymore, I pulled an old ploy from Cool Running

days when I cycled along the same Elliott Bay bike paths to keep up

to jtv’s morning run when he was here. 

ps - don’t tell mari that it says “I love tetsujin.”

ps amy - Merry Bloomsday

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I saw this video of some entertainment at the Franklin Half Marathon:

https://youtu.be/WGNEacVXRQg

"As runners powered through a half marathon in Franklin, Tennessee, they unexpectedly heard an all too familiar banjo riff. When they looked up, the runners saw what looked like the cast of “Deliverance”"

I'd like to see something like that during a race.

Okay, this was freakin' hilarious!

Denise - that is an awesome race - you are my hero!  I am such a poor swimmer, I would never try even a sprint tri.  Unless of course we could use floaties..... or noodles......or water wings...

I wish I could get a tetsujin hug......

Mike E

MM #5615

I wish I could get a tetsujin hug......

Me too.

Hello everybody!

I went 6.2 miles after visiting my chiropractor.  47:44.

That's it--gotta go--see ya.