Masters Running

Monday 12-2-13 Daily (Read 39 times)

Tramps

Good morning.

Jay must be out cyber-shopping this morning.

Speaking of which, someone already went on a cyber-Monday shopping spree with our credit card—which has now been shut down.  Grrr.   The charge from Australia was the giveaway. That and the $80 worth of Dunkin Donuts.  Seriously.

TW—I loved the way your un-church-like language showed up as a hyperlink yesterday.  I clicked.

Carolyn—another amazing view.

C-R—good to hear things are moving forward.  (BTW, where’s the Monsoon Monkey photo?  I couldn’t find it.  I remember your great RR from that race.)

Holly—that wasn’t such a bad photo.  Your face looks frozen, but other than that… Evil

I wish Perch would pop in from time to time.

Denise—congrats on 1st AG!  Sweet!

Tammy—nice pics.  He’s really got some elevation there!

LaT—I like the way you run your life.

Thanks for the encouraging words, yesterday.  Beautiful sunny day here and comfortable upper 30s.  I went out for an easy 5 and felt surprisingly good.  In fact, I feel better today than I did two days after Richmond.  Go figure.

Be safe. Be kind.

3 ezpz recovery miles...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Thanks Tramps!

Today's running work commute will be brought to you by Brooks (who supplies a running shirt with a key pocket), City Sports (for providing a running bag that will hold my scrubs), and Barnyard's Best - who cage-free chickens fueled this excursion. This evening's run to class is open to sponsorship.

TW - always sending the best in your direction

Happy Trails to all that follow

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

King of PhotoShop

Good morning all.  Easy week for me.  Plan is run every day short and quick, take Friday and Saturday off.  Today was 4 at a nice crisp pace, which I was happy about after tanking yesterday.  Gorgeous day here.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. No Thanksgiving shopping, black Friday, small business Saturday . . . but depending on how busy I stay at work today, I may or may not partake in some cyber Monday deals. . .

Unusually warm out this morning. 51 and light rain. And we should have snow/rain mixed by tomorrow. strange.  I should have grabbed my running clothes this morning and gotten in a track run after work tonight. but was too rushed and didn't have time.

sorry about the credit card theft Tramps (and congrats by the way on your marathon!). I know others had races also over the past several days - turkey trots, local races, etc. I'll apologize now for not having the time right now to go back and peruse the dailies that I've missed and accomplishments that have made. I always feel so guilty when I miss a few dailies and can't give feedback to my friends here  .

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

With yesterday’s strong winds postponing the zooathon until today, I sat in the cafeteria of a new play center for kids (Playdate) for five hours from 2:30 - 7:30 while four-and-a-half yo GS ran nonstop through their myriad tunnels, Jonah-sized dolphing, submarine, crab with huge moving claws, steps, ladders, slides, air guns, etc. only stopping for a pizza energizer and water, water, water.  I should have given him the pedometer. He’s already knows hydration without me telling him.  Oh well.

ps - nice avatar tammy.

Is that the Newport beach too by any chance?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Wink Tet

Tammy

Well, the guy who was going to run "6 EZ" with me this morning didn't show up, so I tagged along with the gals instead and ran my 6 at definitely a faster pace than "EZ". But a good start to the week in any case!

Have a good start to the week yourselves, everyone.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

wild, nice marathon trail run (dare I mention the name? Big grin).  stumpy, great you found your ring.  Tramps, good marathon.  Holly, you're looking good in the picture with both feet off the ground.  deez, congrats on 1st in AG.  Tammy, nice Turkey Trot with 1st in AG.  Also, your son looks good in his race pictures.

Nice long runs for Holly, C-R and evan.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and almost calm.  I did 8 miles at an 11:15 pace.

Shortly, we are off to what is becoming our once a week babysitting day for our grandson tomorrow.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Happy Monday, all.

December howled in yesterday, raining sideways and filthy enough that I popped the bike onto the Really Skeery rollers and spun in the bike cave.  Rollers aren't hard or anything.  It's just like riding downhill on a two-foot wide twisting ribbon of ice.  Easy-peasy.  (ha).  But the abject terror certainly helps avoid the kind of boredom that plagues rides on fluid trainers.

Good hard strength/technique swim this AM.  I really enjoy working with New Coach.  My mission this week is to step back into doing something every day, a discipline I'd completely lost this autumn, while keeping enough control on the situation that I don't blow up.  So, easy does it.  I'll have to give myself permission to keep the intensity down until the frequency has settled into my bones.

I hope this is a full and productive week for everyone.

p.s.  TW:  I could have told you *never* get off the bike on the wrong side.  Jeez.  Smile

Dave59

Tramps - Sounds like someone treated the whole office to donuts and coffee.  I hope the problem with the credit card isn't more than an inconvenience.

I ran 5.54 miles at lunch.  First time in a week I could push off without slipping and sliding.  It felt great at first and then I got unusually tired.  I added in a few 1-minute walk breaks and I went back to feeling good again.  I might have taken off too quick without any warm-up.

wildchild

Carolyn

wild, nice marathon trail run (dare I mention the name? Big grin). 

Tom, I wouldn't want to make you use un-church like language! Wink

My quads are kind of sore today - typical DOMS, two days after a marathon, so I just did an easy 4 at lunchtime.  Warm and windy ahead of a winter storm.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Holly, it looked like your hands were on an imaginary Ouija board!

Out of the loop once again, but I noticed some awesome running over the holidays by many of you.  Including Deez!!!  Tammy!!! Tramps!!! Wildchild!!! and Tom got a PR???  And Evan in Hawaii, wow that is different from Alaska.

And enjoyed hearing about the running life of Tortuga.

I have been walking almost everyday to the bus station, instead of driving.  Not that that helps much with my waistline after Thanksgiving.

I only ran once, on Saturday.....my favourite trail at the cabin.  It was a great run.  I ran up one of the steep sections without walking, a first.  Then it was so windy Sunday, I was afraid to be out there.

Small gripe - hot flashes, every night for the past 6 weeks.  It appears I've joined the club, ladies.  Had a major one on the bus this morning.  Forehead drenched in sweat.  I used to only do that running, geesh!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

6.3 miles today, hot and sweaty! Waited a bit too long and it was already pretty warm out there. And humid after this morning's showers. It's so totally different from running at home, even in our summer temps because we just do not have the humidity like here. Not sure I'll ever really get used to it, but definitely need to get out earlier next time.

Sorry about the credit card fiasco, Tramps. I think the sponsoring company/bank is usually pretty good at catching things like that. I know Discover Card was right on it when my card was compromised a few years ago. Got a call at home asking if I'd been in Macy's in Atlanta GA recently, as in that day. Nope, not at all!

Love the bike cave description, Mustang Sally. And the photos on FB are great!

Enke, welcome to the club... sorry, it's not much fun sometimes.

''p.s.  TW:  I could have told you *never* get off the bike on the wrong side.  Jeez.  Smile''

...........like

we say DownSouth..........''Et Tu MustangSally??''

(the answer being

''Naw Man, I Ain't Et Nuffin'' )

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....