Masters Running

Saturday December 27 Holiday Weekend Runs (Read 29 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

15 miles for me today in a breezy and sometimes slightly rainy 41 degrees.  Warmest day in the 10-day forecast, but around here, warm days in the winter generally mean rain.  I'm okay with that, though.

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Put me down for a soggy 10.5.

It was just 41degs when I started. It was 41, windy and drizzling when I stopped.

My mojo is slowly coming back. Looking forward to a strong year in 2015 for running.

King of PhotoShop

Nice going SLO and Holly.   15 in the rain at 41 is a tough workout.  It's the same temp here and windy, and I did just 4.  Got in 35.4 for the week.  I think next year I'm going to go back up to 40 per week.  Finally starting to get some energy back.

Tonight is my favorite post-Christmas or post-Thanksgiving meal. It's the one where we have leftover turkey and stuffing, plus potato pancakes made from the leftover mashed potatoes, gravy, any green vegetable and kill the rest of the cranberry sauce.  Just heat stuff up and go ape.  Spareribs

C-R

Hey all.

Good runs for Holly and Slo.

I like that meal Ribs. If you have an extra seat.......

Got 12 miles in a steady drizzle here this morning. Now back to the hardwood floor project.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

4.78 miles, 43°, overcast, dry.

Trying to decide whether to do something "useful" today or waste the day.  I hate to just waste a day but I don't feel like doing anything either.  What will win out?  Vegas odds are 3:2 that I will waste a majority of the day.  I have a big software install to do tomorrow and I can use that as an excuse for doing nothing today.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'd rest up if I were you, Dave.  Seems like it's a strange time of year for an upgrade?

Glad everyone seems to have had a good Christmas.  We had a very enjoyable one in Maine with DD and her boyfriend.  It was a bit confusing staying at the camp in winter and having weather more appropriate to early fall.  I got some new running shorts and a running jacket (that I picked out at Richmond   )  Unfortunately, DD picked out Large shorts, so I couldn't wear them out this morning.  I realized that the bars on my daily summary are getting extremely wide, so I think I need to get back in the habit that injury, travel, and general time of the year has gotten in the way of.  So anyway--3.1 miles around the lake on a beautiful morning. 

I think I like the leftover dinner after thanksgiving more than the original.  although I do usually manage to get through that, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Back from Florida and greeted by the last of our mild and sunny days for awhile. Tomorrow we get your Midwest rain and then colder, but no snow expected. Ran 4.2 sluggish miles in shorts. After running in the flats for a week the slight inclines feel like mountains. Gained several unwanted pounds during the week-good to get back to our usual diets.

Mike E

MM #5615

Dave--you have already run 4.78 miles...it's already not a wasted day.  Hope that helps justifying sitting around the rest of the day.

Holly--yes--Larva is my daughter.  her real name is Lori, but she has been called "Larva" or "Larv" since about 3rd grade.

Good to hear the mojo is coming back, Slo.  How far did you get on the trail system, this year?

And, Ribs--it is really good to hear you're getting your energy back.

It's always hard for me to get back into a project after my run.  C-R--I give you a lot of credit for doing it.

Glad you had a nice time up in Maine, Stumpy.

Geeze--I didn't mean to stay in here so long--gotta go...I sure wouldn't want to waste my day.

Oh--hi Henry.  You snuck in here when I wasn't looking.  It sounds like you had a great time in Florida.

CNY, it's always good to hear about Super Granny.  wild, nice picture of your family in Baja.

Nice long runs for wild, Mike, Holly, Slo, and C-R.

This morning, it was in the low 40s and there was a little wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:13 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Slo

Good to hear the mojo is coming back, Slo.  How far did you get on the trail system, this year?

Thanks for asking Mike. We had 18 different volunteers contribute a little over 100 man hours total to improve or cut new trail that measures about 1.7 miles. We didn't get started until September so I'm really looking forward to hat we can do next year. The feedback has been tremendous.

Good work on the trail so far Slo and hope it continues!

Bright and sunny here today and even touched 55 degrees for awhile. Went out for my run in the morning though when mittens and a hat were still needed. All good. Six miles with 20 x 30 seconds hard (30 seconds rest). Legs tired from last night's nine mile holiday lights run, but felt good to get some pick-up speed going. Ran some errands with the kiddo, read a book and now there's mostly snoring in the house since football is on TV.

Leftover turkey and fixings! yum.

I dittoed Holly and Slo's weather this morning. This was the day for an annual get-together at a friend's place of a number of local triathletes and runners who all pretty much know each other. Altogether there were probably 25-30 of us. We all went out for a 5-mile run in gray, cool, and drizzly weather except for the currently injured and those who went out earlier to run farther.

Then after we got back and got into something drier, we had a great brunch with food that everyone brought and was probably enough to feed at least 50! Everyone was chatting about the past year's events, what we're doing next year, and of course discussing our injuries. The woman next to me pulled out her iPhone to show me the x-ray of her new hip "resurfacing" operation that she's recovering from. There seem to be more of us each year with replacement metal parts!

Finally, we had the annual grab-bag gift exchange event that you're all probably familiar with, except that this is called the "ugly t-shirt exchange" where we try to pawn off an old event shirt that's too ugly or weird to wear. All in all, a great way to finish off another year of running!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"