Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 10/19/2014 (Read 19 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale.

Remember to list your weekly loss/gain and calculate your Total over/under towards Goal Weight Loss

Good luck with your weekly goals. Andrew

Last Week: Weekly Weigh-In 10/12/2014 - Thanks to Brian (icom100) As a group we were -2.4 pounds under

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total

over/under 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -8.5 (08/17)  +1.0 -4.5 Must be muscle weight
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  +1.0  +1.0

Hang in there Brian

C-R -6.0 (08/24)  -2.0 -1.0 Renewed Focus
    dg. -7.0 (08/24  -0.4 -3.0 We don't need no stinking batteries
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17)  +3.5  +0.5 Taper Week - MET here I come
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)  -2.0  -2.0 Very Nice Holly!
    icom100  -20 (08/24)  -2.5  -2.5 Welcome Back Brian!
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  -1.0 -1.5 Great job during taper week
    Jlynne -5.0 (09/14)  0.0  -4.0 Hope you are feeling better
    Jo_ -10 (9/28)

Pass

0.0 Out of service
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  +2.0 +2.0 Those out of town trips - heck!
    StarRuns -14 (09/21)  -2.0 +1.0 Yay! A new week!

Tip of the Week - check back later

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

BlazinCajun

Usually weigh in officially on Thursdays. Today was down -2.0 pounds from last week. We will see how it is on Thursday.

Andrew
      ------------------

BTY

Great start for us Andrew.

I was 185.0 this morning, which means I'm down 2.4 pounds from last Wednesday, and also down 1.2 from August 17.   7 pounds to go!  Woot!

Brian

Marathon Maniac #957

No gain no loss this week, holding steady at -2 lbs from first weigh in.  Not having much success.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Put a pound back on but still down three.  No results from endoscopy and CAT scan but feeling better and trying to stay that way. Doc said wait a month and come back. Not sure losing weight has made me run any faster though

#artbydmcbride

No loss, no gain this week.  Recovering from bout of flu (?)

Runners run

BlazinCajun

BTY - Awesome! Just keep on keeping on with what your are doing.

Holly - I think success is measured not necessarily on how much you lose today but how great you feel as you get there.

Jlynne - You probably need that pound that you lost. Glad you are starting to feel better.

Ilene - Great job holding steady there - no ebola allowed here.

On August 14, I weighed 162.5 pounds and today weighed in at 156.5 pounds. Gained 0.5 pounds since Tuesday but still down 1.5 pounds for the week and -6.0 pounds over all -  2.5 more pounds to go then I'll sign up for a 5k speed test.

Andrew
                ------------------

dg.

You all are doing really well!

congrats Andrew  : )

me...    +.08 this week.     sigh.     I blame the new batteries.     it's possible but highly unlikely that I just ate too much.

overall, -2.2

but, starting the 'new week' well.

I'd really like to get these last pounds off, but at least I am down a pound to where I started a month ago.  I do weigh myself everyday and was on a downward trend this week, until the weekend that is.  With DS and two grandkids here it was not easy to stay on plan.  I go to my thyroid doctor today (no disease, just nodules).  I am anxious to see if he notices that I weigh 45 pounds less than last year!  One year he asked me if I had really gained 50 pounds in one year, it seems that the nurse wrote down 121 instead of 171 pounds.  I would love to be at 121 again some day, but that's been since high school, maybe even Junior High.  I am aiming for 130 so still have those 14 pounds to go.

I am leaving town on Wednesday for a quilting retreat.  The food there is so-so, sometimes good, sometimes pretty cafeteria-like. I will bring a bag of apples from the orchard to stash in my room and try to stay away from the snacking area.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.  Have a great week everyone and sorry I am always the last to get my results in.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

C-R

+1

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

dg.

Thursday weigh in day,   -.6 for the week, overall -2.8.

<sigh> up another pound but still down 2. With Halloween lurking, I can't see good things coming any time soon. Unless I buy candy that I won't eat to give to the neighborhood kids

Keep up the good work, people.

BTY

I traveled this past week and didn't have access to a scale on Wednesday or Thursday so I skipped my weigh in. Keep on keeping on everyone.

I got back from the quilt retreat in time for my Sunday morning weigh-in -- down .22 pounds so we will call it even. I was careful with my food choices but there was some dessert tasting involved. I had left over monster cookies and plan to take them to the girls at work tomorrow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

#artbydmcbride

Exactly the same.....time to change up my strategy

Runners run