Masters Running

Thursday the 21st of May, merrie May (Read 34 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Well Jay's left the building and we're all slouching around....

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I didn't run today (early re-check at the oral surgeon), so I didn't want to start with that.  I did get in about 20 minutes of weights and core, though.

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

That sounds more productive than my very leisurely three and a third miles.  It's the easy morning, and I may not go to Speedsters, even, this evening.  So here's to a slouchy kind of day.

Kirsten, so good to see you!

Wonder if we'll hear from tet as to how the visit is progressing??

well darn it, I'm already booked to go run run run the Southernmost Marathon October 10 in Key West.  Because it isn't hot enough for me here .......and I've done it for the last 2 years, since it started.  And I'm an eejit.

Thinking about the Monkey in November--I know Holly's done it.  I figure I have to do it once, right?

O, and Steve, like Holly, I am not surprised at all that you are remembered.  I mean, I haven't even met you and I can see that.

Mari, thinking of you.  You'll be great, because you don't always assume the tenant is wrong, and because you look for creative solutions.  Seriously, these two perspectives were mostly lacking in many HA Directors I have known.  Be kind to the gung-ho young legal aid lawyers; their hearts are in the right place, even if other parts of them are not.

I need to become much better at my ongoing goal of limiting possessions.  Time for a few purges.  Less stuff = less dusting.  I need to get rid of stuff in drawers and closets is a big part of the lack of progress.  Any ongoing mantras or advice (several of you are packing up stuff, or have done recently) will be taken to heart!

And all I can say is I can't believe I watched the whole thing, and I'm not talking about Dave.    Pass the cryin' towelie there, Stumps.

Have a lovely day, w/grins to all,

A

ps: Dave, the SB feature was......?

King of PhotoShop

Well, in the battle between two of the most horrible teams in baseball, my horrible team evened up the 3-game series against Aamos' horrible team last night. Tonight we'll see who was the least horrible.

Thanks for all the input everyone.  One approach to resolving it if nothing else works is for PR to simply tell the provider that his insurance carrier will not cover the procedure because the provider is not in network. And because he was misled, he should not have to pay anything.  However, he is willing to pay what is fair and reasonable for his treatment and they have a choice to accept that or receive nothing.  That is one option.  They are likely to accept his offer and I will handle the conversation.

More rain. I don't complain because all our reservoirs are finally full and we get rain every year in May anyway.  It's no big deal.  Today we waited for the lightning to pass and then got in 4 at easy pace in a mild rain.

Tomorrow is my son Spare Tire's birthday so Hudson and I will drive up to Plano and take him to lunch as he leaves for the weekend tomorrow.  Spareribs

Morning folks. See what happens when Jay goes away for a few days? Where's the in-depth recap Aamos?!

Holly - your weekend sounds crazy. Tackle one thing at a time - and enjoy the graduation party for your DS!

Happy birthday to Spare Tire, and good luck with the insurance issues Ribs.

Because of limited television time this week, I missed Letterman's final show. Not that I could ever stay up that late anyway! I did see the top ten list - impressive group of friends to give him the business one last time.

5.8 miles this morning, IRC. Forecast for the weekend? Not so good. I'm planning on running a 4 mile race that's always held in conjunction with a Memorial Day weekend festival here. Race time 9:00 AM Sunday with showers/thunderstorms in the forecast. This is the last race my sister and I did together last year before she passed. The whole family will be a part in some shape or form in honor of her memory.

Hope your Thursday is going well.

Sayhey! MM#130

Morning folks. See what happens when Jay goes away for a few days? Where's the in-depth recap Aamos?!   

Shut up and dance, y'all!

evanflein

{{Jlynne}} I hope the weather is better than it sounds from here. Enjoy the race as a tribute to your sister.

Run home last night went very well! Felt pretty good for the most part and managed an 8:15 average pace without really working at it. Focus on these hilly runs is steady, steady, steady and don't push too hard on the hills. No point in ending up totally pooped at the end, right? Today will be an easy 5-6 miles this afternoon.

Hey Wildchild, we have a new 50 mile race here in July (first year) called the Angel Creek 50 miler. Somehow, I thought this looked like something you'd really like! I'm even tempted, and there's no way I'm up for 50 miles of rugged hilly fun. Here's the web site, and a sample of the terrain...

tet, enjoy the visit by your grand daughter and daugher.  Nice speedwork, Aamos.

Yesterday, I had a PW by a whole bunch for a 5 mile run.  I don't know what caused it.  This morning, it was in the mid 40s with a light wind.  I did 3 miles at an 11:26 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Erika, that looks like a nice race!  Not sure I'm up for 50 miles of rugged hilly fun now, either!  There's a local 50 mile trail race on July 11 that I'm thinking about - I'll either run or volunteer, since the RD is a friend - the same guy who organized the Bryce Canyon National Park group run.

Like Aamos, I'm just slouchin' around today.  I actually have paying work, which has been very scarce lately.  I like this semi-retirement part time gig, but it's nice to get some income, especially on a rainy day.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

I ran an easy 3 miles yesterday morning and this morning. I didn't make it to the Starbucks/Trail Run today so no report on the free samples.

It has just been cleaning and tossing and painting around here.  My back is pretty sore from all of it, but I took a couple Advil and I am sitting on the heating pad.

I had lunch with a friend today and told him I needed to get back and paint the garage.  He was free this afternoon so he came over and helped.  Between Cindy, me and my friend we finished in 2 hours.  The catch is that I have agreed to help him move a table saw tonight at 6:00. 

My daughter Brooke and her boyfriend have been here all week from St. Charles, IL.  They have been a big help. Without them here I'd probably be in the hospital from all the manual labor.  Way too much for a computer programmer.

Mike - Lots for prayers for your son and his GF.

Ribs - I don't know what's going on re the insurance and injuries, but I'm glad whoever is hurt is doing well, and I have no doubt you will be a fine negotiator with the ins company!

Posie - Good luck with your job!  I echo what Amy said.  You're not a "look at the negative" type of person, which will probably be very refreshing for your co-employees.

Sounds like Holly needs a vacation.

I need to go look at that new 50-miler and will let my buddy, Kate, know about it. She's running the San Diego 100 next week - a tough race - with no pacer or crew.  If she survives that, she can survive anything.

My 5 predawn miles were cut short to 3.8 when The Hub pulled up along side of me on his way to a meeting, I realized I really had to use the bathroom, and he offered to drive me back home.  It would've been a close call making it home in time - as usual.

I'll be running a hilly 13 on Saturday, which I think will be a good test for the hammies.  If things don't play out like I want them to, I'm going to go back to PT and also consider something called "infiltration and steroid suspension."  My PT has talked to me about it and supposedly it's painful, but if it works . . . we'll see.

PS - I just read about "infiltration and steroid suspension" and I think I peed my pants.   Maybe I can live with the chronic, low grade irritation longer than I thought.

Okay - Back to the grindstone.  I need to write an "advertising letter" to a couple of entities that I'd like to consider using me for transcription.  I'm not sure how to do this, but I have my business cards to send with it.  I'm not sure how to sell myself.  All my other work has been word of mouth.  We'll see . . .

Later ~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I ran into Dave. He said that he recommended that my new boss bug me to come when they met at a trade show in Wisconsin. Dave told my boss, to the best of his knowledge, he didn't think i that I had bitten anyone yet. I think I'll add that to my resume. Perhaps lead with, "To the best of my knowledge, I don't think I've bitten anyone yet.".

I ran into a former boss. His recommendation was, "(S)he may be the squirrelist M/F-er you'll ever meet, but he does a good job and is dedicated". I guess I've left an impression.  Obviously I've made an impression, however, after over 7 years out of the industry, it blows my mind that people still remember me. I'm torn between disbelief, flattered and embarrassed. 

I still got three miles worth of lawn mower pushing in.

Leslie--Steve had a couple of statements that would seem to guarantee selling yourself.

4 miles for me this morning.  Actually had to dig the gloves out of the closet this morning and they felt pretty good for the first mile or so.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Post-work run - I had 20 excuses NOT to run and one good reason to go ... because I CAN! Then it became fun and then I wondered what RA had all done today.

Nice posts folks! Nice to see that Jlynne, Kevin, and Erika have had IRC. Leslie - GL with the hilly 13 miles.

Amy - I heard this recently - "clutter is just guilt with dust on it". I find less stuff = more free time

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

New skirt in town

Holy cow, did I have a HUMDINGER of a day!  I spent 1 hr 15 min on the elliptical this morning after a good tempo run yesterday.  Then I headed off to work, later to receive a series of texts from my twin sister containing a bombshell:  we have a half brother!  Apparently, my mother had a son 2 years after having us, and after having divorced her husband (at age 17!).  And she gave the boy up for adoption.  Ohio recently opened up their adoption records as of January, and this fellow tracked her down. We are completely stunned!  I'm not sharing this on Facebook yet because of lots of family communications around this issue that need to be taken up, but I just had to tell someone!  Other than my sister, of course, with whom I shared a stiff cocktail this evening.

Some of you already know that my mother passed away 11 years ago, so it's sad that he wasn't actually able to meet her.  He's a rocket scientist at Goddard Space Center and he develops medieval board games.  Nerdy, just like us.

I'll find out if he is a runner tomorrow...

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Kevin -

Kirsten - I'd try that saying on my dad . . . . .  but then again,  mmmmaybe not.

Wow, Robin!  That IS quite the bombshell!  Here's hoping the new addition to the family has a happy and positive outcome.

Okay - I'm off to Bonkos.  Wish me luck!  I could use the $60!!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance