Masters Running

Sunday Wet Runs...Could be worse "Not Running" (Read 458 times)

Sleepy community this morning. I am off for my 38K with L just now will report later. What an awesome night last night at Topdown's. Have a great day and runs Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good moring everyone. Hope you have a nice run Tall....and everyone running - racing - and what ever this Sunday brings you. Boy, I have been soooo busy at work and with "stuff", that I am behind on posting and reading here....but I think things will ease up a bit now...I hope. Had a super good workout yesterday....a brick. I cycled 65 miles with our local club, followed by a 8 mile run. I had planned on a very easy paced run...maybe 10 or 11 min pace, but felt good and ended up with a little over 8 min pace....I thought cool. Those bricks are called that for a reason because when you start running right after cycling, the legs feel heavy for a mile or so, then feel better...at least you hope so. Well, off on a run on a beautful sunny morning here in Indiana....prob 7 or 8 miles, or what ever I feel like once I get out there. Have a nice day all, I will check in later today. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Rest day for me. Laundry and clothes shopping! I hope everyone has good runs.
        dg.

good morning Smile enjoy your 38K Tall. your run, Tim, your rest day, Teresa. Eliz, great determination there! I think I've increased too fast. Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lippedTight lipped last night I did about 20 minutes of callanetics & some hamstring curls with the stab. ball for the eccentric contractions. this morning just side lifts (stab. ball again) and a 40 min. walk with Sadie. We ended up running part of it, which made it my first outside hilly run & her first anything run in 7 months. she said thank you Smile. a bit chilly at 37F but shiny sunny sp very nice. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Racers!!!!!!!!!!!
            Same weather as dg, a perfect morning for running: low 40s at 8AM, but under a brilliantly clear sky and no wind. It was my first time running with the club in about 3 months, and I managed to find at least one person as slow as I have to be right now. Did 5 miles at an 11-minute pace, but my choice is either to run slowly or not at all for a while yet. Anyway, one of the best runs I've had for a while, and some nice socializing afterwards. I hope today's racers have it as good! ETA: Added 13.8 miles cycling on the local rail-trail with my DW, stopping for a break at the convenient new Panera Bread. Yum!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

......you're right tall//......it can ALWAYS BE WORSE... =============== ........50min at track........ Tested My Theory of ''Knees Lead Feet''-- and like all Good Theories, it held up right til I hit the Track,,,,,knee hurt,,,moved to padded infield,,,, found out I needed to focus on the Foot hitting the Track, and how I pushed off after the footstrike,,,, also, tensing quads seems to relax hammy and take some impact off knee...... just think of me as a Science Experiment for Runners Hitting Their Sixties.... ......You're Welcome... ..hopefully adding 2nd Day this week......... ................good running guys......................off to my 2nd Church.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

thanks tw the simple joys of learning. Roll eyes yay for doug Yes
                  Good Morning Friends!! no run today - back feels ok after doing 2 5minute running intervals on the treadmill yesterday -- tried 5 min walking followed by 5 minute running at 10min/mile pace..........felt a little twingy in the sciatic nerve area but not bad..........did follow the rest of my workout yesterday with some PT exercises, ice and motrin and so far so good - just a little achy but no worse than i've been!! today - another rainy day but that's ok -- heading out to church, then a followup retreat reunion/meeting then off to work for a competency day 3-11p...........will try to sneak over and see my friend's new baby again if time allows!! have a glorious Sunday!!

denise

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, I'm excited for our racers today! Haven't had much time to post over the weekend, so just wanted to pop in quick to report my 11 miler yesterday - which was brutal. Very windy, little warm seeing as I didn't get out until noon and it was a struggle, but I got it done. Out for 5.5 miles this morning for a 32 mile week. With the puppies due this weekend I've really been on the fence as to whether or not I'll be making the race next Saturday. Last night MrHopeful said that I WILL be running and he'll take care of things at home. Plus, knowing that I might be missing something he thinks will make me run faster!! Smile Happy Sunday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Rest day for me, will go for a walk later. Does anyone know how to post here garmin elevation profile? I keep thinking of the racers on and off all morning long. I hope I can concentrate during church. Blush

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

GreenMan

Excellent Brick, Tim jjj
                        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                          Good luck to all the Eugene marathon, HM and 5K runners on the course today. As I post the marathoners should be somewhere midcourse: TammyinGP, Soundrunner, Econo, Breger1, enkephalin, and hally. It seems like half the board is there today. charleygross nice long run. Congratulations on getting it done. dg. I am not sure what the weed puller is called. I was at Home Depot and saw it in their garden center. It was pretty cheap. Kind of a long metal rod with some mechanical gizmo at the base to get down to the root and then unhook the plant once you have pulled it up. Also nice workout and runs this morning. btb glad to see you and Amy are managing to stay in touch. I am sure it helps brighten both your lives. munchkn883 glad to hear you got in 10 yesterday and felt good to boot! lyndenrunner congratulations on the race. First of the year is often hard to pace. I am busy trying to talk a friend of mine into not running a HM as her very first ever race. I fear she is going to go out way too fast and spend several miserable miles getting to the finish. She is not unique but whenever I tell inexperienced racers that it is really hard to avoid going out too fast even for experienced racers and they just do not believe me! Roll eyes evanflein congratulations on your 5K. For a race this close to a marathon you did really well! Mariposai sounds like a really pretty course. Trail races are often brutally hard it is a good thing the courses are also typically stunning beautiful! Congratulations on your race. TomS hope the move went or is going well. Spareribs you and my DW have the exact same view of the post-race discussion of that poor filly. A bit of my history - I was at the track to watch the match race in which turned out to be Ruffian's last. It was so sad. At least she is honored as the only horse ever to be buried in the Belmont race track's infield. Tall 38K wow! biketm you and all the local triathletes seem to be getting in gear with the weather picking up. Nice brick. rochrunner I know the feeling - run slow or not at all. All I can say is that when I am on the DL I am so jealous of people that can run at any speed. Enjoy what you can do. My goal today was 8 miles with my DW. She was have knee problems about 6 miles into the run and decided to walk the last mile home. She says there is no pain while walking. I think she needs new sneakers. Her current pair is really worn. Time for me to pester her some more to get new ones. It is a fine balance between getting her to actually instigate buying some and not having her blow up and me for pestering her! Confused Anyway, I finished up alone and added a bit to the run for a total of 9.46 miles. That put me a bit less than 5 miles from reclaiming my membership in the 40/40 thread! I am pretty psyched about being able to get back in there and to putting some more distance between me and the pace bunny. Good runs all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

munchkn883

Duke Trail for me this morning...weather was perfect!! Laundry and grocery shopping this afternoon so everything is here for DH while I'm in Disney World. Right side of my back is aching...a little concerned.

King of PhotoShop

Twocat, you were actually at Belmont that day? I saw the race on TV and was very upset. Thanks. Roch, good for you. There's a start. (BTW, when I wrote the word "curtailed" the other day I had the exact same thought, about the dog watches. I can't even read the word any more without thinking of that.) Hi dg! The Saint did very well today in her half, despite all sorts of problems she was having the last few days with her back, etc., but when I saw her roaring down the final straightaway it just gave me such a lift. Anyway, I'll let her tell her own story, but wanted to let you know it all worked out okay. I got a soft-surface ten-miler in this morning, my first at that distance since the injury. Very slow, but that was the idea. We are both feeling very self-satisfied right now. Spareribs
                                Nice running out there today and some pushing of the envelope too---careful dg! Nice to hear you upbeat Rochrunner and a return to double digits Spareribs. awesome. Twocat, I am so happy for you that the running groove is returning. I hope the recovery continues. I am thinking of all the Eugene and Flying Pig racers right now. I toed the line at a local 5k (separate race report---can't afford the fines!) at 10 AM today and kept them all in mind as they did the same at 7 AM. One of my Running J pals just finished up a marathon in Providence. RI and I am thrilled for her. Fleet feet everywhere. Great news about the Saint's race too! details, details.... I was so sad yesterday after watching the Derby and remain so today. When the cameras showed the animal ambulances rushing to the horse's side and then the medical personnel running to her......I cried. Now it's time to get bundled up to watch the kiddo play baseball---a double header and then I drive up to Durham, NH for two days at UNH. I am hoping for some great race report reading tonight! CNY/Karin