Masters Running

Wednesday Daily, 6.4.13 (Read 47 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm late checking in this morning, but apparently everyone else is as well.

5.75 racewalking miles at 4:05 in delightful 55F temps, with dry air, a clear sky, and a significant SW breeze. A slice 'o moon was still hanging high in the sky, and was (as it always is) a welcome sight. I crossed paths with the local newspaper delivery guy a few times this morning; was serenaded by lots of birds; and had to share a stretch of the road with a few wild turkeys. All in all, it was a nice start to the day.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Yup, late start here too.  Just an EZ 5-miler on a nice cool, dry morning.

MS--all that biking sounds very impressive.  I'm glad you DS is looking out for you, though.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

No running here yet, but my legs are feeling pretty good after the marathon on Sunday, so I may go for a few easy miles tonight.

This is June and  it this is the month Stumpy is running his first marathon, right? When is the date? We need to start planning the cheer-leading section.

Mustang Sally, what a nice young man you have there! What plans does he have after graduation?

Erika, look at you run so well! Impressive miles for May dear sistahhh.

Tamster, how is the garden going? I harvested my first bunch of sweet peas last night. Ohh and I have kale coming out of my ears Smile.

I am looking forward to reading Bregarcito's post today.

Spareribs, welcome to the PNW. Portland is a fun city to run. Will you see Winejunkey? He works in downtown Portland.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Two hours of glorious running in Central Park this morning. Clear skies, tons of runners and bikers and longest run for me since December. yippee!

Psst....don't tell Jay, but it's just Tuesday.

Have a great day all.....got my execu-drag outfit on and off to play office for several hours.

Dave59

Dang.  It's not Wednesday.

I did a short tempo run this morning.  Ended up with 3.46 total miles.  Just starting to get some faster runs in about once a week.

TammyinGP

I panicked momentarily when I saw the title as Wednesday. Joking  But it is the 4th of June Smile

Mariposai, my garden was a bit late in getting planted because DH was building raised garden beds for me this year and then we got a truckload of good gardening soil, so I just got things planted a few wks ago. BUT, so far they are LOVING the new rich soil and now that our days are quite warm, but nights still cool, they are loving that too.  I do have one smaller sized raised box that I planted lettuce and radishes in back in March and I'm still picking that lettuce although it's just about done. I let some radishes go to seed so I can harvest my own seeds.  I'm going to plant more lettuce tonight near the climbing beans. by the time the lettuce starts growing, it'll be in the shade of the pole beans, so i'm hoping it'll do okay.  The only things I didn't plant from seed are tomatos, jalapenos, bell peppers and zucchini. I think I'll be inundated with cucs this year - not only did I plant some from seed but I have about 20 plants that sprouted from compost in my garden.

Should hit low 90's today, but I'll get in either a few miles on the trails or maybe some hill repeats tonight.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay is just getting up REALLY early Wednesday......so early that it is still the day before....

4.4 recovery paced miles for me this morning in 49 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wild, good job in your marathon.  Dave, congrats to your daughter in getting the job in FL.  It's too bad, however, that it's so far away and you won't see Annabelle or your daughter as often as you'd like.  Holly, I hope your husband's colonoscopy went well.  MS, great cycling time trial.  deez, kudos to your son on his half iron man.  dg, it's good to hear from you.

Nice long runs for Mike, evan, and dg.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 40s and there was just a little wind.  I got in 6 miles at a 10:43 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

....hell,

I thought is WAS Wednesday..........now I have to do Wed's WorkOut again tomorrow

Bummer Man

============

28min poolrun with drag.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

5 easy miles in the sunny PNW...52 degrees....ahhh summer is coming....

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

You may recall my heart went a little weird about 3 weeks ago and I mentioned I went to the ER just in case.  I haven't really wanted to post much lately until I really knew what was going on.

After that initial "episode", the next week I went to a Cardiologist and took a treadmill stress test.  Being the well-conditioned Athlete that I am (yeah right) I thought everything would be fine and he'd kick me out to the street.  But instead he said he "saw a blip on my EKG" when the HR got up there.  So back I went a week later for a Echo-cardiogram - a sonogram of the heart.  This too showed "the blip".  So back I went the next week for a Nuclear stress test with imaging. They inject radioactive stuff and then take images of the heart.

So all I had to do then was wait till today to get the results of all the testing.

But in the meantime, last Thursday evening at Praise Team practice my heart went weird again.  I sat down and took it in stride.  But it scared the bejeevers out of everyone else who was there.  (grin)  The heart settled down after 4 or 5 minutes and I finished out the rehearsal as normal and everything was fine.  (This one was a bit worrisome in that I was obviously at rest.  I was a bit stressed out though because my Guitar had been stolen from Church.  The only reason I could come up with.)  I haven't run a step in several weeks because it just didn't seem wise till I found out what's going on.

Anyway to make a long story short, the Dr. today said everything looks pretty good.  (Not great, but pretty good)  The images were not uniformly red throughout the various chambers of the heart but the Dr. is 90% certain it's not from a blockage - rather the diaphram pushing up.  If another episode occurs I'm going to be given a HR recorder to carry for a month or so to record the beating of the heart if i experience an episode while I have it.  It so much fun getting old.  Anyway I'm cautiously optimistic I'm good.

In other news, it looks like our house may be sold.  (Only 2 weeks on the market.  Wow.)  Packing looks to be in my immediate future.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Congrats on selling the house Bill.

Fingers crossed that your heart is a passing episode.

Damn, I'm really sorry your guitar got stolen...that really sucks. That would be enough for me to go into cardiac arrest...at the very least, blow a gasket.

Marathon Maniac #957

Congrats on selling the house Bill.

Fingers crossed that your heart is a passing episode.

Damn, I'm really sorry your guitar got stolen...that really sucks. That would be enough for me to go into cardiac arrest...at the very least, blow a gasket.

+1 to all three of these sentiments.  Byll, when your house sells, are you moving to Michigan?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Congrats Bill! New chapter for you after the house sells!!!

MikeE, yeah...you have a marathon in the PNW in a month...don't worry about the weather...it will rain for sure. Clown

No running for me. The body still needs time to recover, but I did something for the first time today...

I ate cheeseburger with fries for lunch

and I ate cheeseburger with stir fry kale and other yummie veggies for dinner. Oh and a bunch of fresh sweet strawberries, and a huge bowl of salad greens and...and... (too bad I don't have a marathon to run this weekend)

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mariposai, I never used to crave a burger after a marathon or long run, but lately I have. After last Sunday's long run, that was the only thing I wanted. Unfortunately, I got the worst "prime rib sandwich" I'd ever had. Still mad about that. After Equinox last year, I had a chocolate milk and offered one to Holly. She wanted a cheeseburger.

Ran 7.6 miles tonight after work. In the rain. Wouldn't be so bad, but our rain is almost always a cold rain, and I'd thought I'd missed it so didn't take my cap. Roll eyes