Masters Running

Sunday, May 18th Daily (Read 393 times)

Sunday again! Where DO the weeks go? I remember my father saying to me that the older you get the faster life goes by. I had NO understanding of that. After all I thought, isn't 24 hours a day exactly that?...24 hours? Well, he said that to me just the other day. Oh wait, he said that to me 45 years ago, it just SEEMS like it was the other day. Yesterday was a much needed and deserved rest day from running, and this afternoon I will get in a run. That was a fun read yesterday to hear of the Ribs' new puppy and The Saint having a birthday. What an exciting day in that household! But that is alright, life is exciting in the Vista Place too. Flowers planted yesterday are looking good this morning. I found a place where they were selling a six pack of pansies for 37 cents. Not wanting to pass up such a good deal, I bought 8 - six packs. I certainly now have plenty. A good Preakness race,followed by some good baseball, and then my company completed a good day yesterday. Have a great day. Everything looks perfect for a wonderful Sunday, starting with church.
    Vista
      Morning Vista, No run yet, L and I are supposed to do our 15K progression run together this morning, but she was not feeling to well last night, so we shall see. One week till they unleash the Tall one at the Ottawa marathon...(reminds me of the line Rusell Crowe says during Gladiator when they unleash the dogs and attack the Celts at the beginnig of the movie) Making homemade steak and gorgonzola pizza tonight when L, Topdown and his wife drop by for dinner..also making my "Stittsville famous" Raspberry Chocolate Gelato Coulis"..... Yum Last "fatty" dinner before the marathon. What a gorgeous day. Enjoy everyone. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!! Today is my daughter's 22nd birthday - can hardly believe it as I can't be that old?? Out for 6.25 glorious miles in fall like conditions. The wind was kicking up in almost every direction and large fall looking clouds floating in the sky. My heart rate seems to have dropped all of a sudden. Or maybe I need a new battery, but it seemed to be working fine. How often do you need to change the battery in the 305? 10:33 / 142 ahr 10:28 / 147 ahr 10:41 / 154 ahr 10:42 / 154 ahr 11:05 / 155 ahr May not seem low to some of you - but I'm usually in the mid 160's. The puppies are starting to find out they can raise their heads, Leroy is trying to use his front feet, and they are also starting to loose their pure white as it turns a bit grey. So much fun to watch the progress. Happy Sunday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

^^^sounds delicious, Mr. T. The voice you'll hear when I start the VCM will sound like Alvin and Chipmunks. 7.6 easy miles this morning for me.
            ......my head hurts..... coach got married yesterday... lots of drinking and lots of barefoot dancing... i still remember the whole night though... that's a good sign...right
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              .......may wanna sit this one out lynden....... ========== ========== ......50min PAIN FREE running on the Trails......... used the Swivel Method, Pickles says my steps are shorter, but it didn't look any Dumber than when I usually run.........probably a Good Thing..... may try a Street Run this week....... ...................good running guys..........have a Wonderful Day....... ..............................off to my 2nd Church........doing Bach today...... ========== .....ps.....hey sarge,,,,,,,just got some Compression Shorts, they didn't impress me at first, but they ACTUALLY HELP the hip..... between the Softer Surface, the Compression Shorts, and the Shoulder Turn, SOMETHING Helped..... worth a shot......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Congrats to lynden's coach! Tall....you'll burn up the course next week! 17 miles on my 'ol hilly route. First half was with Tory, cloudy, 50's and mostly downhill.. awesome! The second half was sunny, no Tory, uphill and maxed out at 74F.... and I ran negative splits. That WV hill work really helped! 17 miles in 2:30:11 (8:50 pace, AHR 153) Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

dg.

morning everyone! oh, i'm behind again. sorry for whatever I missed... Tomwhite, congratulations, 50 min. pain free!!! Now I feel safe to ask, as you've finally mentioned her.. (we've asked at least 4 times) how is PIckles? Funny to read her comments. DH passed me as I was running & he was driving to work a few times last year. I asked if i looked, you know, like a normal runner person. he just laughed. Undecided Tongue Mary, I loved the puppies in the kitchen picture! & from another high HR person, I think those numbers are great. That's such nice progress. enjoy your flowers Vista. good morning Lucy. Smile any tips on how to tell the difference between an ITB injury & a lateral collateral ligament tear? I'm pretty sure I have one or the other. hoping I caught it soon enough to make this short, & to be able to still run. it bothered me last Mon. & Wed, during my runs. (sorry, i probably already said this), then started hurting always. took friday off. Lot's of unreported yoga & planks & so forth in between times. Saturday Sadie & I walked, & this morning we did a walk/run mix for 3.48 miles, mostly running. walked the hills some of the time, they bothered it the most. I don't think it's worse for it. Erika, so cool you're running NYC! passing through here on the way? back outside, the sun keeps coming back. enjoy your Sunday!
                    ..dg//......sorry, missed it on the threads... ...Pickles is Stable which is a GOOD Thing with CLL, her Red Count is coming up (another good thing) the White Count hasn't increased.... not great, but a good as it gets thanks for asking.......sorry I missed it the first time(s)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

spacityrunner

Went out for a nice 2.5 in 37 min. Foot feels fine. I threw in 4 1-1:30 min runs and all is well, so far. A local race was happening as I was out there today. I was looking at the participants longingly....(most were walking up capitol hill, must of been at the end of the run) Any thoughts from you all out there as to how I should "ramp" up my mileage? Keep weekly miles low and add runs, or up the miles and hold back the runs? Or neither. Or both? Suggestions welcome. Yes, I know, at the first sign of crankiness, shut 'er down. Good day and good runs all.

Trails Rock!

Thunderstorms in the neighborhood today so went to local gym & used treadmills DW opens it at 6am weekdays so having keys has it's perks. Struggled for 3.8 easy miles, guess I'm still weak from Friday's evening blood donation. lyndenrunner sometimes it's better not to remember or at least that others don't Roll eyes Tall that sounds like good eatin, we are all anticipating a fantastic marathon and RR from you. Smile tomwhite I was going to tell you I tried the tape and I think it helps. Can't be sure until I run fast or long, but it felt like I didn't have the abnormal tendon movement. I do have compression shorts leftover from baseball days, I'll give them a try. I haven't changed pant sizes in 36 years. Shocked My baseball games washed out again so I be watching Indians & Cavaliers. Our runnin partners all went to Cleveland Marathon today, most doin half but one is runnin his 1st full Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

5 easy miles to clear the cobwebs...much better now...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            Rained all night and I thought today's run would be a wash-out. Lo and behold, the sun was shining and the birds were twittering when the automatic coffee grinder/maker went off at 5:30 AM. Mr. CNYrunner went for his 3 mile walk and the kiddo and I read the papers out on the deck. Pretty perfect morning. I hit the road for a longish run with Iron J at 8 AM. We ran 14.8 miles in 1:58 for about an 8 minute pace. She was game to push the middle miles with me and that was fun. My legs felt awful at first and then everything smoothed out. 60F and sunny with a light breeze when we were running---clouds coming back in now. Thanks for the start Vista...where does the time go indeed?! Off to visit Granny and plan our trip to Buffalo on Friday (to visit her sister) and then on to the airport. Staunton, VA on Monday and Atlanta, GA on Tuesday for me. There's no let-up in the work travel until July. Good runs and workouts to all. Runningindc....good news on the foot! I am not sure about ramping up the mileage advice, but Spareribs seems to be making great progress and you might follow his plan. Erika, cool that you are running the NYC marathon! I let my guaranteed entry window lapse, but maybe I'll have to head into the City to cheer. One of my aunts lives close to the 11 mile mark on Bedford Ave. in Brooklyn---perfect viewing and time to hit the subway to catch the finish. Maybe I'll have to do it again in 2009. hmmm? Until soon all, CNYrunner
                              L was not up to running, stomach upset. Hopefully she can make it to dinner tonight. So I went by myself: 5k ez 4:50 avg,then 5 at MP for 5K at 4:03, 4:04, 4:02,4:02, 4:02 all on the dirt Cross Canada Trail,the 5k ez to finish off, felt okay a bit tired, with tight right quad, nothing serious Very light schedule for the rest of the week, only 2 hours of running left before the marathon...anybody say taper madness....................... Shocked Have a great day everyone. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good Morning !! No running for me today !! I'll post a RR about my Sat race later on when at work. Already had breakfast twice and waiting for brunch now, it seems I can't stop feeling hungry ! Tet: that last dip in the tub I think did wonders to my legs...there are feeling pretty good and not one blister! ....what a great day!!..what a great day!!!! Happy Sunday !! Francesca