Masters Running

Sunday, 8.30.15 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids.

Mike, stop cleaning up after your guys, dumpster diving, and taking the garbage home. Tell the boss that he needs to hire someone to clean the bathrooms, and that you need a place to throw the non-construction garbage (or just leave the garbage by the dumpster). You are not getting paid to do those jobs, and you're not being adequately compensated for doing what you were hired to do. If your boss were really afraid that someone would come along and hire you away for more money, he'd pay you better. So you do have to start sticking up for yourself at your current job, and by looking for a job where you'll be better appreciated.

Mariposai, the one good thing that can come out of disasters is that people directly and indirectly affected bond and work well together to make their communities healthy, vibrant and strong. Yes, together you can, and will.

Tet, so sorry to hear about that little girl. "Not right" is right.

Econo, did you give up caffeine for the fun of it??

8.6 RW miles this morning, starting out easy and picking up steam along the way. I'm starting to gear up for my one (so far) Fall half marathon in late October. DW and I got a ton of yard work done yesterday - more today.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mornin' jay

econo///..I think they make you move to another state if you give up Coffee.........

w0w...........the muscles I have been ''un-weighting'' for the last two years

really let me know they're there this morning

got some work ahead of me it seems

==============

first of two 10-minute-ers  this morning

72-degrees and drizzle

.......BUT I GOT TO GO OUTSIDE//////////

ohboyohboy

..........................good running guys..................enjoy the Little Things

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

So happy to see tw doing so well!

Yes, Nancy, what Jay wrote.  Look at the stories we are reading on this 10th anniversary of Katrina of people doing tremendous work to bring back and improve New Orleans.  (We ought to go run a marathon there!)

3RT bridge crossings and a remarkable moon this am in a measured(I.e. Slow) 14 miles.  No rain yet.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

New skirt in town

Mike, listen to Jay's advice.  He is very wise.

Econo gave up coffee?  Why why why? I always taper off my coffee 2 weeks before a marathon, so I can enjoy the "performance enhancement" of a jolt of caffeine on race day. Not that it actually shows in my results, but I like the superstition as part of my taper: it gives me something to focus on.  But I wouldn't cut out caffeine for any other reason!

9.4 miles today, with 5 at marathon pace.  On top of the 16.5 yesterday, I'm feeling pretty tuckered out!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Typing on the phone can be frustrating when you're just about done and touch something wrong 

TW--your new posts make me

Staying on the island this weekend ( hence the phone) so I kayaked early to shore, did a satisfying 10K, showered, and kayaked back in time for breakfast. We are SO lucky to have this spot.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Shhh...be vewy vewy qwiet.  I'm hunting wabbits.

Reading Posalina say JUNTOS PODEMOS and TW say ohboyohboy... All is right with the world!

I'm actually giving up caffeine, as I drink about 50 oz of diet cola and additional black tea daily.  I was essentially drugging myself awake.  I'm going to do a trial of 3 months to see if I have problems staying awake during the day.  I am spacy -- the classic absent-minded professor-- and easily distracted. Very forgetful.  Is it related to lack of sleep?  I'll find out!

I didn't think there was actually all that much caffeine in diet cola compared to coffee. I'm sure one Starbucks Venti would more than the equivalent of 50 oz. of cola, but I guess it's what you're used to that counts. Probably plenty of other reasons to avoid "diet" soft drinks.

It was 68F this morning with a 65F dew point, and that's all I have to say about that! I did get in a decent 4-mile run and of course finished soaking wet. I had a rare night alone in the house last night since DW attended her 40th H.S. reunion in another part of the metro area and wisely made plans in advance to stay in a hotel in that area with a friend from out of town. She went to a predominately Irish-Catholic school, so the open bar at the event was well used!

Have a good finish to your weekends!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

I'm just glad Econo is giving up cola! We talked about that years ago, grrlfren! Glad to see you here!

Yay for tomwhite rediscovering all those muscles! OhboyOhboyOhboy is right!

Tet, that's so tragic about the little girl. When we have strong winds here we always lose trees, but it seems the worst that happens is trees fall on powerlines. Seattle has had some incredible weather this year.

Roger, I like that Musk Ox run too. Mike O'Brien calls it "mini Equinox" and it really is. I always figured it was a great test run for Equinox and I too liked the evening start but it gets so dark when the back of the pack finishes. That trail is just kind of dangerous in the dark. But they had over 60 this year for the Saturday morning start, so I bet they'll keep that time if they can.

Our visit with Starr and her DH was great! They showed up just as I was going out to get lettuce and potatoes from the garden, so came along while I did that. We were running late and then the charcoal was stubborn and would't light. Then the chickens (two whole chickens) took forever to get done! So we ended up eating at almost 9, but they were great and we had a good visit. It's not often anyone "drops by" to see us up here! They've got a great attitude and make a really good team. She's the planner and the navigator, he drives and goes where she says they're going. We had grill-roasted chicken, potatoes and salad from the garden, and steamed broccoli that I admit we got at the store (mine is all gone). Then some of DH's banana bread for dessert which was so good, they asked for the recipe. Like us, her DH does the baking and he wants to make this. (trying to post the photo I put on FB but it's not working....)

Funny thing about last night, I make a really yummy cranberry jam/sauce that goes great with roasted chicken, turkey, even meatloaf. I'd talked it up a bit, put some in a bowl (hey, that looks little looser than normal...) and served it. Wondered why it was turning my chicken an off color (kind of blue/grey), then realized ---Oh no!--it was the blueberry sauce I use on waffles and such! Bleh, not a good match for chicken at all! So a quick run to the fridge, grabbed the right jar and just stuck a spoon in it. There, nobody seemed to mind and it was great when fixed!

Today it was in the upper 30's when we got up but it looks less overcast and the sun peeks thru every now and then. Should be a great day to run Ester Dome!

Mike E

MM #5615

Got 'em!  I needed 6 miles to catch the Pace Bunny and went 8.  Now, I have to go mow the lawn.

Dave59

I think it's duck season.

12 miles yesterday on sidewalks and roads.  My feet were pretty sore afterwards.  Those wind gusts kicked up and rain too at the end of my run.  Terrible about the little girl that got killed by a branch - very easy to see how it could happen.

4.4 miles today on the softer Bridle Trails State Park trail.  32 miles for the week, yeah me.  BE walked Remi while I ran the trail.  French cooking class tonight - should be fun!

Have a mentioned how awesome BE is?

Mike - a justifiable rant - making half as much as you used to - I sure hope you can find a better position soon as it is clear your boss is not going to appreciate you any time soon.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Got 'em!  I needed 6 miles to catch the Pace Bunny and went 8.  Now, I have to go mow the lawn.

...I think mike needs to work on the ''Celebrate'' part of Hunting Wabbits.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Rained all night again but clear morning skies prompted a repeat performance of Saturday’s 20-mile of cycling, the longest ride since 2005 and now two training rides in a row for the first time in my whole life, that’s for sure.  Forty miles in two days still 16 miles short of deezie’s 56-mile half-Ironman leg today, and she swam 1.2 miles beforehand and ran 13.1 miles afterwards. YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

Lots of chain-sawing resident cleaning up their yards and driveways along the way plus I learned to aim the wheel over the middle of all the little 8"-20" twigs all over the place (or else flip them from the ends up into the spokes or me).   Looks like fall except all the leaves on on the branches and ground are green.

TW - I'm almost afraid to say it but, after following your advice and example all these years nursing my right knee even though I didn't want to, it doesn't even hurt after 20 miles on each of two consecutive days.  The quads, etc. are way more sore. 
                              Mike - you gotta do the right thing for you.

Unfortunately, to my everlasting chagrin too many times, it's the same for me too.

Maybe it'll stay clear enough to see the full moon tonight (i think)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike, stop cleaning up after your guys, dumpster diving, and taking the garbage home. Tell the boss that he needs to hire someone to clean the bathrooms, and that you need a place to throw the non-construction garbage (or just leave the garbage by the dumpster). You are not getting paid to do those jobs, and you're not being adequately compensated for doing what you were hired to do. If your boss were really afraid that someone would come along and hire you away for more money, he'd pay you better. So you do have to start sticking up for yourself at your current job, and by looking for a job where you'll be better appreciated.

+100

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."