Masters Running

Monday 6/17 Daily (Read 46 times)

evanflein

Dave that's really bittersweet about your Annabelle leaving. Great opportunity for her mom but pretty hard on you. I agree you need to plan some Florida trips soon. Hope the residual shingles stuff is gone soon.

looking forward to Carolyn's race report and pictures, always a treat.

Well, I'm finally relaxing in Napa with a glass of wine. We'll be heading out to dinner soon, but I'm dead tired. Had kind of a big weekend. After Saturday's 50k we had to get to San Francisco asap to make the expo before 5. Picked up my bib for the SF marathon the next day. Ran that on Sunday, then did the Tracy's Fat Ass today. Ended up winning the women's division today, and met Tony Nguyen (Endorphin Dude) who ran his 100th marathon on Sunday. Pretty cool and quite the adventure, race report to come soon. This was three marathons/ultras in three days, for 5 maniac stars. Glad I'm done with that!

Mike E

MM #5615

Ummm...wow!  That is amazing!  No, seriously, that is amazing!

Holy Crap Erika!!!   You ran more in one weekend than I will in 2 weeks....Congrats on finishing so well!!!

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Maniac 505

Erika: You are Amazing.  When are you going for 6 stars?  all you have to do is run 4 marathons in 4 days.  should be a piece of cake for you.

Bushrat Runner

Wow! Erika, just wow!

I just got back in from tromping the boiling tundra. Seriously, we haven't had an actual summer here for a few years, so the past few weeks of sun are a bit of a shock to the system. I can't remember the last time I was in the field with sunblock. Unfortunately, I wasn't this time either...ouch. I also had no clothes for conditions over 60 degrees, felt like I was wilting every day. We covered a lot of miles over tundra and down streams, getting a baseline on American Dipper population levels in the northeast corner of our park area. I plan to start running Thursday...my feet are too thrashed from this week to start before then...

Happy runs all...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

oh erika, sugoi. There's many runners who pile on consecutive marathon-after-marathon, day-in-and-day out.  I even ran much of one of 'em's 99th the day-before he completed his hundreth in a row but few, very few, really run like you do, especially when an Equinoxer says that the ultra one was hard.  Except for Pike's Peak, I truly do not think that any marathon can be deemed hard after the Equinox, especially running the Equinox ultra like you do. With all your Equinox experience, you're about the only one I'd believe if there was one though.

how many did you see Rhoon?

Are you sure you saw them all?

I've loved 'em ever since youth day up there

and reading about 'em from John Muir.  Have you?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Good grief Erica...Amazing.

DW and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I must have done something right. Tag and I spent 4 hours at the vet because he has a skin infection. All is happily on the mend. I could not believe how active and professional the office was. Too many emergencies.

As much as this last weekend was wonderful on the grandkid front, we got the news that DSS will be moving Roman out of our lives in order to provide a home with his three week old brother. The infant needs round the clock care that the kids can not provide. For the last two weeks, DD#1 and SIL have been going up to the hospital to hold the baby so he can have human contact. I can not imagine anyone with the heart that DD#1 has.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Had kind of a big weekend. After Saturday's 50k we had to get to San Francisco asap to make the expo before 5. Picked up my bib for the SF marathon the next day. Ran that on Sunday, then did the Tracy's Fat Ass today. Ended up winning the women's division today, and met Tony Nguyen (Endorphin Dude) who ran his 100th marathon on Sunday. Pretty cool and quite the adventure, race report to come soon. This was three marathons/ultras in three days, for 5 maniac stars. Glad I'm done with that!

WOW!  You are amazing!  How are your feet?

Long day at work Monday, followed by a tournament softball game for DD (her team was first in the league, won last night's tournament game, so we play again Thursday).

Had my second annual review at work yesterday, and it was great.  I mean really great.  I struggle so often there, feeling like I am barely keeping up, it was extremely gratifying to get some kudos from the boss.

5.1 miles for me on Monday morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."