Masters Running

tax trot Flushing EZ form RR (Read 223 times)

Around tax time every year we hold the tax trot 5k EZ form 10k short form and the 15k long form, road race in Flushing Mi. I decided to run the 5k, because after last weeks marathon my legs didn't feel up to running a long race at pace. I also had not run 5k all year and needed the speed work. It rained most the evening before and all night, with a forecast of rain all day, temp of 46 at the start. The wind picked about 10 min. before the start of the race to about 15 mph. I wore black and yellow tights and black underarmor long sleeve shirt along with brooks trance nsx version. The race is 2.5 miles looped through a subdivsion and about 6 tenths of a mile back to the local High School. Each race as a different starting point, according to the different distance. I started off a little quick as usual crossing 1 mile at 7:00 flat, last year this would have been perfect but with my added girth to quick. mile 2 was about 15:30 I paid a price already for the first mile. I finished at 25:10 3/5 ag and 33/87 overall. This about 3 min. slower than my times last year but I did weigh 206 this morning compared to 187 on my pr. After I finished I jogged back out to the coarse and ran 6.2 miles with a friend and we finished in about 89 min. total for the little over a 15k. Thus I got a race but a good quality tempo run to boot. I don't often place in my AG so I was happy, but they had no clydesdale div. today. Run long run fast Marathon D
    SteveP

Good deal on AG placement Derrick. Though it's not a PR, your time os pretty good. Thanks for the RR Joker:
      I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? No thank you!

SteveP

Nice race/run md
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          AG award....these are always great...congrats...
            Nice race, derrick, and congrats on the AG award. You did especially well considering that you'd run a marathon a week before and the weather wasn't the greatest. Congratulations. TomS
            btb1490

Not only did you do a marathon last weekend, but didn't you do a half marathon the week before that? Pretty amazing!
              HermosaBoy

Not only did you do a marathon last weekend, but didn't you do a half marathon the week before that? Pretty amazing!
                Yikes -- that's stamina!!! Great job.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Congrats on the AG placing Derrick! That is a very good run, too bad no Clydesdale division Sad Thanks for posting your RR. John