Masters Running

Weightloss Post Holiday Challenge - Week 4 (Read 258 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, one more week to go. Where are you now? I can tell you, I have not had much success this challenge. Today I am 1 lb down from last week, but still one lb UP from the start day. If I'm very lucky, and I drop a lb this week, I may have made it through this by remaining at exactly the same weight. (sigh) However, considering the dinner party we had last weekend, to have lost any weight at all this week is a success. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good for you Holly. I'm unable to weigh this morning........I'm without scales. My gut tells me (pun intended!) I'm a pound or two heavier than last Thurs.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was down to 136.4! This was great news to me .... but today for the offical weigh in I'm at 138 which is pretty much where I started. I've really been trying since Monday though - so hopefully things will start going down from here. ho hum..........

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Holly, you are doing fine and w/ your mileage I have no doubt you will drop eventually (if you really think you need to Confused) Mary - isn't it crazy how we can fluctuate 2 lbs in a day?? Since I got put on HBP meds (aka a diuretic) a week ago I've "lost" another 2 lbs and I'm hoping it's not just water weight. This thread has been really good for me as it keeps me from pigging out on Wed. nights after an exhausting day of running, work, Zumba class, and choir. Anyway, I was 134 this morning, which thrills me, but both of you are much more height/weight appropriate Shy

Renee the dog

This is starting to be a recurring theme: HOLY CRAP! It's THURSDAY! Surprised Just figured that out now. No weigh in. Undecided

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

My progress continues, but not without effort and dilligence. This is also true because I allowed myself to get so heavy during the fall. Down 3 more to 204. I am down a total of 11 in this challenge and still hope to dip below 200 next week. I have been good about writing my goals in my log and keeping track of what I eat. I also have made it a point to only eat at the lunch table at school or the dining room table at home. Less mindless eating this way.
              TammyinGP

Tamster didn't weigh today. Probably subconsciously on purpose. That's possible right? I need to cut back on the salty foods (she says after just eating some salted cashews Roll eyes ) because next Tues a.m., I see my doc and they'll weigh me there. And that's like a "real" weight because it goes in your medical records and everything. I hate that.

Tammy

Renee the dog

Craneium, You definitely inspired me to look into what I was eating! The book I'm reading on Nutrition and Endurance Athletes is helping me pull together a plan so I'm eating more appropriately. THANKS for mentioning what you are doing here! Keep up the good wok!

At 143.1. Which is good because I was 146.3 last week; however, all this up and down, up and down, drives me crazy. Nono - Is that the exact title of the book? I think it would greatly benefit me to read something like that, especially with my upcoming training schedule and trail races in which I'm planning to participate. Cranium - Good job on the slow but steady weight loss. You're gonna be in fine form soon! Smile Tammy - Yeah, doctor weigh ins are official. Bummer, huh? 'Cause they make you weigh in with all your clothes on, which I figure adds on an extra 8-10 lbs. Big grin (kidding)

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Tammy - Yeah, doctor weigh ins are official. Bummer, huh? 'Cause they make you weigh in with all your clothes on, which I figure adds on an extra 8-10 lbs. Big grin (kidding)
                      yeah . . . guess I won't wear my flak jacket on Tuesday. Clowning around I do always make my appts for first this in the a.m. though because I'll weigh less. and I won't eat for like 2 days before the appt either. Tongue

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, that's funny. I always try to wear "light" clothes, and I don't mean the color! Craneium, that's good discipline to only eat at designated "eating" places. Unfortunately, I've conditioned myself that my desk is one of those places. I can go all day without nibbling at home, but when I sit here the munchy switch gets turned on. Must be something in my chair. Leslie, that pup is good with a yo-yo! Helen, I agree. I think Holly's good where she is. But she says that about me, too. So, we really are our own worst critic, right? We had halibut last night. Yum. What do you do to halibut to make it soooo yummy? Bake it in a cheese sauce! Double yum... Heh. It's all homemade, but I used butter (naughty!) in the sauce, and full-fat tillamook cheddar (nothing else but the best!). Still, it's a good dish and the kids scarf it down. Potatoes from my garden (only a few left!), asparagus as fresh as we can get it here, and salad. And No snacking after dinner! I did remember this weigh in, after all. What did my fishy dinner and postprandial diligence get me? 141.5 this morning. Cool. Still higher than I wanted to be this time, but since I was (I think?) 143 last week, and the week before that... I'll take it.
                        Dutchie42

Weighed this morning. Down a little again to 128 lbs (58.1kg). Total weight loss 5.5 lbs sofar. I wanted to loose slowly and that's what's happening. The food journalling really seems to work for me. Holly it will happen for you too. But maybe your body is telling you that it's OK as is? Mary: you weigh on a daily basis? Craneium: great idea eating at the dining table only. I'll stop munching at my desk at work/home.

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

The book is: Nutrition Periodization fo Endurance Athletes by Bob Seebohar. BTW, in my last post, that wasn't exactly a Freudian slip -- my r is sticking occasionally. Didn't fix it, 'cause I thought it was a neat Freudian, even if it was by keyboard. Big grin

LOL! I love that typo. Your keyboard is very Freudian nono. Good job Craneium and Dutchie - slow and steady is the way to go. I did not weigh in last week, but this morning was down to 115.8. I'll round that up to 116, which puts me down three pounds from the start and only one pound away from my goal. I am doing absolutely nothing to aid in the weight loss other than running more. I'm with everyone else Holly. You don't really need to lose weight, but I understand the impetus because I am in the same boat.

Once a runner . . .

well -- i'm back up 3lbs according to this morning's weigh-in ...... so not happy, but not surprised -- i've been frustrated with how tired and sore i still feel so between the comfort food, chocolate, wine and inactivity it's really not surprising!!Blush tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op and i hope to start regaining some energy and strength soon so i can add in little bits of walking and working out!! (and somehow staple my mouth shut!!)

denise