Masters Running

running log question (Read 287 times)

I recall while looking at user logs seeing one that had a planning feature inserted in the calendar. How do you put your planned runs in? I don't have a written plan for the next few weeks and would like to map it out on my log. Thanks!
    spacityrunner

Soundie, I don't think you can do that yet....I found this (I don't know how to link so I cut and pasted from the admin forum)
      Plus, Eric is working on a "planned runs" as part of his log update.
      Eric is working on a new log but it is not ready for prime time yet. It is supposed to allow you to upload your garmin right to it. I can't wait!!!

Trails Rock!

btb1490

You can cheat the system a bit right now. What I do is create a run type called "Planned Run", and then when entering a new run in my log, just forward date it and put your workout in the comments box. For example, if you look at my training log, I have a "Planned Run" for this Sunday entered. Then after you actually do the workout, change it from "Planned Run" to the actual workout that you did. Just be careful, if you do it this way, if you enter a planned run and end up not doing the run that day, it shows up in your log as an actual run. In order to see the workouts you've entered in the future, you have to view them in Calendar mode. It's not ideal doing it this way, but it works. And as runningindc said, the planned run feature coming out should work better.
          Thanks, dc and btb. I look forward to the new and improved version. Upload a Garmin? What's that all about? Wink I can barely figure out "on" and "off." btb, so when you go to the drop down of New Run Entry every time you have to type in Planned Run, yes? Is there a way to create a new workout?

#artbydmcbride

...... Upload a Garmin? What's that all about? Wink I can barely figure out "on" and "off."
            She's not kidding folks! Big grin

Runners run

snork, Ilene! I almost went into Ragnar details, but decided against it. Will you come to Seattle to clear it out again when I need you? Big grin
              btb1490

Is there a way to create a new workout?
                Yep. Click on "Options" at the top right of the screen. Then click on "My Log Preferences". Scroll down to "Workout types" and click on "Running". That's where you can add your own workout types that will show up in the dropdown box.
                  thanks again, btb. And here I thought I could only run a certain way and still use this log. Liberation! Tongue
                  evanflein

Upload a Garmin? What's that all about? Wink I can barely figure out "on" and "off."
                    A girl after my own heart. I use a mac, and have been trying to figure out sport tracks (doesn't work) and motion based (no luck so far) for ages... always makes me feel like a real dupe. Thanks, Soundie! Non-techie sister!

#artbydmcbride

"Honey, I need to go to Seattle for the weekend. Soundrunner needs me to reset her garmin." "Okay dear" Big grin

Runners run

spacityrunner

Ah, just when I thought I was clueless when it comes to my garmin..I can at least upload my data and delete my runs....but not much much more than that. Big grin Soundie, if you are on a pc I would be glad to give you instructions on how to upload your data. But, if miss Ilean is going to get a trip out of this, that would be so much better. Cool

Trails Rock!

Big grin Erika, start working on those airmiles for an Ilene Rescue down here. Date TBD. DC -- You don't know what you're getting into with that offer. Just ask Mustang how long it took her (and how many attempts) to walk me through getting into the boomers Mirc chat. Big grin