Masters Running

Saturday, March 22 Runs and Work Outs (Read 640 times)

SteveP

Enkephalin, your post reminds me of why there are some "women" only gyms. We all should feel comfortable when we work out. ick. Good News on your brother Vista. See Mom..Seemomgo!!! Run Seemom! Run! Hang in there BTB. Your attitude is golden. I went to the Dr. yesterday and she side lined me for a few days. Upper lung crud carp. I can't spell the breathy name part of it. We've got a get together tomorrow and I was hoping to run to it..Oh well.. Kids came over last night to color eggs. I'm the one in the Batman shirt

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Steve....and everyone else Smile I also want to add that Bob's attitude is "Golden". As a person that has been there for all of us....I want to be there for you too and hope for a speedy recovery on what ever is wrong...kinda unclear on exactly what the problem is, but take it easy friend Smile At work early this morning getting caught up on my paper work, and will get a long run in later this morning or early afternoon. Have a good day, and runs and races all....or whatever is going on this Easter weekend. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Bob - 7-10 days won't kill your conditioning, but the timing was unfortunate and I'm sure it makes you nervous. Best of luck. Steve - nice ears. What? Oh, yeah -- you're the one in the batman shirt. My bad.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

4.03 miles at a nice easy pace. Maybe I can sneak in a little speed tomorrow. Bob - so sorry you're injured. We're all hoping that this is just a blip. Take the time you need - your fitness is in the bank at this point. I should really go to work today, and I-just-don't-wanna.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

Dropped off the face of the cyber-earth for a few days -- need to go back and read the dailies. Good vibes to all who need them! 4 1/2 mi this morning -- wanted to go more, but get nervous about my parents being alone with my kids too long. Husband got snowed in in Chicago yesterday -- but is in the air now-- so he wasn't here to watch them. I'll put in a bit of a longer run tomorrow, which will be 1 week before the Ocean Drive 10 miler. Can't wait!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

btb1490

Welcome to the weekend! Just say NO to going to work today! If you can... Holly- continued patience and calmness to you with your house stuff. dtoce- I hope your call day is a non-call day. Don't you go falling apart on us now! Thanks for the family reminder. dromedary- how miserable with the hives! A cold shower may help? Hopefully they are gone today. pfriese- enjoy the weekend with the family. Nice sounding hike! Jeanne- good luck with Auntie this weekend. Practice biting that tongue! teresa- how cool about the Y wanting to feature you! THat's gonna be a great story. Please share it with us when it comes out. evryday- Spring has definites sprung by you. Nice! deez4boyz- I hope your weekend plans include REST! SteveP- thanks for the kickoff today! I hope your crud doesn't interfere with the rest of you weekend plans aside from running. Enjoy! Nice picture, thanks! biketm- I hope you get out of work early and have a great run and a great weekend! WRFB- No running today? PDR- why do you have to sneak speed in? Is it a secret? Wink Try doing strides at the end of some of your runs. They aren't speedwork, but they help with form. nonoruns- Enjoy your runs when you can. I'm sure that your mom and dad will do fine. They survived you, didn't they? Wink Waiting at the airport to head back to NY. The weather is nice this time around, shouldn't be any delay. Thank you everyone so much for the kind words and encouragement. I really really appreciate it! Enjoy the day, gang! Smile

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, It was colder that I thought this morning but still great for running. 10.14 miles of hills @ 9:07 pace.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

WRFB- No running today?
                  Naah, I ran but posted before the run. 5 easy miles turned a little faster for whatever reason. I also threw in those striders you recommended - 4x20seconds. I try to do those twice a week. Some errands to run today, and I need to keg that english pale ale. I'm glad I didn't have to travel before this weekend -- I was worried the beer would have had to sit in the fermenter for too long and possibly develop some off flavors (from yeast autolysis). Workout: 4.1 miles, 8:19/mi, AHR 152 Overall: 5.1 miles, 42:29 Good runs, all!

anachrotech

Hope you get better soon Steve. I haven't been able to run very well since I had that "flu" in February. So I ran very little for the past two weeks. I guess I'm starting over - again. 3 miles for me - my "long run" this morning in 32:44. Good runs all.

Marathon Maniac #957

Some errands to run today, and I need to keg that english pale ale.
                      Hmmmm……that wouldn’t be the keg that’s traveling to Boston with you, would it? Steve – that is a beautiful bunny. Hope you feel better soon. Btb - please keep us posted on your recovery. A little rest might do all your other aches some good as well. I didn’t feel well all day yesterday, and went to bed with chills and a strange, crampy stomach at 8:30 p.m., so I wasn’t sure how my LR would be today, but I woke up feeling almost okay and the run went fairly well. With the forecast for dropping temps and increasing wind throughout the day, I was grateful to take advantage of the relative warmth before the cold front and snow showers (yes, snow showers) got here. 14.25 miles in 41-37 degrees, with miles #6, 8, 9, and 13 at roughly MP – 8:50, 8:36, 8:39, 8:42 (MP is 8:45). Off to an Easter Egg Hunt this morning with the kids, then we’ll color our own eggs at lunchtime. Later we’ll go to the Easter service at church, then to a pot luck dinner with friends. Looking forward to a fun day all around. Happy celebrations of the Glory for those that partake, and may all family get-together’s go smoothly!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning Boomers. It's a tad on the cold side this morning - only 20F with a nice wind out of the north. Needed a few more clothes for the run, but it's still better than the dreadmill! I did 6.5 with the halfers training for our May marathon, then came home and did a 4 mile route around the neighborhood. Figured it was close to a 9:41 mile, and I guess that's okay. Still plenty of time to work on picking up the pace a little. Steve, sorry you've got the crud but love the rabbit ears! Take care of yourself. PDF and WRFB, you are the best running couple ever, even if you don't always run together. I think it's so cool that married people share the same interests. Wish I could get DH out for a run some time. Peter - nice 10 miler this morning. I'll bet your "cold" is still warmer than it is here! Nonoruns - hope your DH makes it home okay. btb - you're gonna survive this minor blip in your training. We all wish you the best and hope you're back on the road soon. My NCAA pool isn't going as well as I'd like. Some BIG upsets yesterday (what happened to UConn???). Anyway, the Badgers are playing today and I have them in my final four (I'm a sentimental slob) so I hope they play well. Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone! Jeanne
                          Hmmmm……that wouldn’t be the keg that’s traveling to Boston with you, would it?
                          It's either this one or the irish red. We'll decide later.
                          PDF and WRFB, you are the best running couple ever, even if you don't always run together.
                          That's sweet of you to say. Don't forget I resisted running for many years, so there's hope for your DH.

btb...how's the groin feel today? You know I was thinkin'....massage is usually good for muscle pulls and such. It just might be the trick for your injury. Roll eyes <>way toned down so as not to be totally inappropriate >
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              Steve, congrats on getting a job interview and good luck with it. vista, I'm glad to hear your brother's episode wasn't real serious. I hope the pt helps him. jules, I hope that thigh muscle heals quickly. btb, I hope your problem doesn't turn out too serious. I join with those who admire your attitude after it happened. anachrotech, it's good to see you're coming back from the flu. teresa, congrats to you and your family for "star" status at the Y. Nice long runs for dtoce, PJH, btb, Roy, biketm, enke (TM), Peter, Holly, and Jlynne. This morning, it was in the mid 20s with a little wind. I got in 10 miles in about 1:33 for a 9:18 pace. It got a little hard for the last few miles, but I ran negative splits by about a minute and a half and the last mile was the best mile (8:49). The run gave me a bit of a morale boost after the last couple carpy ones. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                                btb.....being on the sidelines always stinks...no other way to put it....when it happens all we can do is try to take advantage if the setback.....hang in there and recover.....best of luck. Well...this has been a busy work week.... Quick review of my running week... Monday...rest Tuesday...treadmill...since were getting a major rain....6.7 inches...8 miles, with 5 at tempo...7:19 and the shin felt OK.... Wednesday...11 miles....at mid 8's followed by a final 2 miles of cooldown...shin still OK... Thursday...6 recovery miles.... Friday...rest TODAY...out at 6:20AM....mid 40's....very dark..... while running in the park I saw a quick shadow in the corner of my eye.....was that a bobcat...mountain lion....hum....or just a deer...as I looped back....a half mile later...in the same location....2 shadows....ah....deer grazing.....as I came back to this area during this 8 mile loop...there they were.....by now they could care less that I was there...beautiful morning.. Well....17 miles at a easy pace...9:20 or so....my legs wanted to recover from the previous weeks 20 miler and that Tuesday tempo run... Boston is on the horizon... Have a nice one...everybody...