Masters Running

Wednesday - Happy Birthday Henrun! (Read 41 times)

mrrun

Celebrate the day with our favorite Octogenarian!

Run/walk/swim/bike celebrate life in a multiple of 8 = 8 minutes, 8 miles, 8 hours in his honor!  May we all enjoy running and life as much as he does when we are 80!

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Happy birthday Henry!

dg.

May we all enjoy running and life as much as he does when we are 80!

+1!

Well said, Marj.

Happy Birthday Henry!

Happy Birthday, Henrun! You are my favorite Octogenarian. OK, I will bike 8 miles in 80 degrees after work, woohoo!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Tramps

Happy birthday, Henry!  Hope it's a great one.

To celebrate, I did 8 half miles.  That counts, right?

Be safe. Be kind.

Happy birthday Henry! I can't top Marge's "rule of 8" this morning, but I can wish you a great day filled with family - and Boston cream pie?

...Happy B'Day henrun////.........I'll bet TheTrick is he was Loving it decades BEFORE he turned 80......

............GoodRunning to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Four score

Seems like more

Then I bargained for.

A special day

I must say

No work, just play.

The years have passed

The die is cast

Time goes too fast!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday octo-man.

You'll be my incentive to make it to the 80 mile milestone

in 100-miler in May that DQ'ed me last year.

ps - when was your first marathon and why?

were you sub-three like MikeE?

any other big ones from 5K on you remember with fondness.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday, Henry!  I'll run 8 miles in your honor today - because I think running 80 miles would take too long.   Hope you kick a$$ in the new AG! 

Tet, I'm looking forward to having you show me your favorite trails!   And I can run with Enke and Remi on her beautiful Bridle Trail again!  There are loads of great trail races in the NW that I'm sure I'll be signing up for in the years ahead!   And no, I don't know why DD is skipping a masters and going into the doctorate program, but at least in physics, all the schools offer that option. Or at least all the schools she applied to.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday Henry!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Birthday, Henrun! You are my favorite Octogenarian. OK, I will bike 8 miles in 80 degrees after work, woohoo!

Send some of that 80-degree weather this way, Starr, and I'll join you!

And Happy Birthday to Henry! I ran 6.3 this morning before I read this, but would have done 8 if I'd known.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Happy birthday!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

#artbydmcbride

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Runners run

TammyinGP

There are so many amazing places to run in Seattle. I wish in my 10 yrs of living there, I would have been a runner for more than just one of those years.

Happy Birthday Henry!!

4 miles of running yesterday afternoon. It was hot. At least hot when you aren't used to it. upper 70's. Takes awhile to acclimated to the heat.

first meet of the season for David this afternoon. He'll be running the 3000m and the 4x400 relay.

Tammy