Masters Running

Tues 15/7 Masterly Runs (Read 449 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Out for a nice hilly trail with woody, felt good and relaxed. 5m 52:57 @ 10:36 pace AHR 152 71% of WHR Good Runs All Roy

Renee the dog

Quick 3 miler after the alarm went off, as my husband's off to another exciting locale (not) for business. Renee and I clocked 29:09 in 64 F and 93% humidity. Running at 5 a.m. has its advantages as there are many more sprinklers running in the southern end of town! She had a blast hunting them. So did I. Big grin I owe myself 1 more mile today so I think I'll take the kids to the beach after dinner along with the garmin and "clock" our laps. Hope everyone has a spectacular day!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hi there! It is wonderfully cool here in the mid-Atlantic this morning. 59F and clear - a beautiful dawn. I took advantage of the lower temps and humidity to get in a tempo run. 8.0 in 1:12:39, 9:05 overall pace. Last mile was 8:23. Have a great day everyone.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Cooler (I had 61°), but still 96% humidity -- didn't feel the humidity though with the cool temps. Wonderful running weather, actually. Garmin wasn't quite on the cradle right since Sunday, so it ran out of juice after 5.5 miles. Never mind, I had it running at the beginning and at the end so I have accurate timing. The mileage is based on a known route, but may not be accurate to the hundredths of a mile Smile Ran the first three as recovery miles at 9:00+, so the rest of the run was on the sproinky side. Overall: 8.1 miles @ 8:32/mi (1:09)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice doggie runs Woody and Renee! 5 Magical Healing Miles with Tory with 5 x 23 sec strides thrown in. 47:47 (9:33 pace, AHR 141). Legs felt normal today Smile Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning! Roy - did you find a fall marathon to train for? Nice trail run this morning with Woody! Happy belated birthday to Mari and Carolyn - hope you both had a great day! Happy belated anniversary to Deb too! Festive day yesterday!! Erika - yes all the puppies are gone now. It is like having an empty nest - but only until next Friday when I get my new baby. Big grin TSelbs - we stayed at an RV park near the highway. We did take a drive down to the state park and we will make a point of staying there next year. I was going to go down there to run while DH fished, but it was just too windy. I thought I might get sand blasted - literally - so I ran down a long and windy road that lead me out to Pere Marquette Hwy. Out for 3 miles with Brinkley this morning. The only animal we saw was a Husky tied up in front of his house. Nice morning of 58 degrees and no humidity. Tomorrow doesn't look quite so pleasant. 9:26 avg. pace - 157 avg. HR. Have a Terrific Tuesday! Edited to add that I also got back down on the floor for 300 crunches and 50 girlie pushups . . .how could I forget that!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm jealous of everyone's cool temps. Send some down my way! Perch ... you're amazing. Holly you missed me on last week's 40/40 tally. I know I've been dogging it lately but not last week. Arf! Arf! I had every intention of getting up and doing another round of 9 miles with 7 x 1/2 mile Intervals. But I had a lousy night sleeping and couldn't rouse myself early enough. Tired. So instead I changed it to 6 miles with 4 miles at Tempo. Or at least that was what I had in mind. The 4 tempo miles: 8:37 Geez. Even MP feels like Tempo pace 8:12 Not even HMP yet 7:57 Finally. 7:49 Better late than never. Overall, 6 miles at 8:35 min/mile pace. 75F and 89%. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hey guys, it's back to normal Confused around here for me. Not much running going on this past week, but did get in a nearly saturated 4 miler this past Wed. Good running to all.
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, I took a couple days off from running to break the routine....change is good. Today, 10.18 miles of hills @ 9:03 pace Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

dg.

morning everybody, bill, i wish i could send you our day. don't know the numbers but it doesn't get any better than this. stoopid to be inside but this recovery thing is working so i'm not going to mess with it! pdr, that sounds nice. i like it when you have time to post. 15 min. on the elliptical, a 7 min. walk, then 45:34, 4.3 mles, 10:36 average pace, 8:49 max. i forgot to hit start for the first 15 min. so this is a little bit estimated, but i know the time & have a pretty good idea of the pace. i really never run "easy", and tried hard to do so this morning. i think i was close. ran with someone for the last 10 min. or so, & conversation wasn't too tough. then some stability ball work, stretches, then home to enjoy this blissful morning. which is why i'm really late! gotta run. hope you all have a wonderful day.
                        Somehow the running world seems all right when Roy starts the thread and PDR soon after (with nonoruns in between). A belated Happy Birthday to Mariposai and Wildchild, and Happy Anniversary to dg. I think I've got one of those coming up in a couple weeks, but not any significant number. By the way, don't worry about Ribs's attention -- it's strictly fatherly at his age. Worked out in the rec center today with weights and stints on the nordic track machine and stationary cycle. Good running to everyone in RAland today!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

DickyG

Belated birthday wishes to Wildchild & Mari! I forget the song, but it goes something like: hmm hmm hmm hmm to you hmm hmm hmm hmm to you (I forget the rest) Ribs: OK, I'll concede on the Honeymooners...aside from the usual "bang, zoom" lines, the only ones I can pull out are "A mere bag of shells, Norton...A mere bag of shells"...and: Alice: "If my mother doesn't start eating better, she'll just waste away." Ralph: "Your mother? What about me?" Alice: "It would take you a good ten years to waste away!" Don't even try me on the 2000 Year-Old-Man quotes. Mainerunnah: Forgot to mention your 12 miles Sunday at sub-8 pace...you were running so fast, it got right by me. Handymom: Major accomplishment on your 6.2 miles Sunday! Deez4boyz: Well, my tee shirt would say "In my dreams I might be able to keep up with the slower RA runners" Wildchild: "The air was cool and the sun was setting behind the ridge, lighting up the clouds." Very well said...that's what running should be all about. Now I have to figure out what golf is all about...oh yeah...and I promise not to run with a watch on tomorrow...promise. dg: Happy anniversary! I'm healing OK, I guess...I'm still running, playing softball, & playing golf heavily bandaged but it's OK...I'll wait a while until I start playing tennis & basketball again. Paul: 2 miles farther than your original plan...very impressed...can't say I've ever done that. Mari: You did 14 miles on a Monday! I need a nap just thinking about that... Mary: Welcome back, girl. Breger: I think you should change your handle to TomWhiteJr PDR: Very impressive 8-miler this morning, especially the last one. A little improvement today...4.1 miles on the hills in 38:49 (9:28 pace)...my fastest post-injury run...running a little more and walking a little less on the hills. Also...last night we played a softball game...we lost but the good news is that I ran down a long fly ball in left field with no pain and scored from first base on a double...also with no pain. Today's pic: With my long-time friend Gayle Barron, winner of 5 Peachtrees, Virginia 10-miler, Boston, and tons of other races. DickyG

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly you missed me on last week's 40/40 tally.
                            No, you’re there, right between Evanflein and BCMorant, styling in the heat.... Smile DickyG - nice photo! 4 miles walking on the treadmill for me this morning, plus lateral raises, squats (no weights), and dumbbell curls. I really don’t want to run until I can do it pain free, without iboprophen, which may be a while, but it’s hard not to do something. Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

7 cruise miles...7:40 pace...then a nice cooldown walk
                              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                              Tramps

Good to see Roy starting us off this morning. A medley of mileage today. 9.2 miles total: 2.2 warm-up and cool-down; 7 miles alternating between four tempo pace miles (7:34) and three easy pace miles (9:02). Cool temps? Low humidity? Where? ETA: today's Washington Post fitness column references this 2001 study on best/worst ab exercises. Some of you might be interested: http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/BestWorstAbExercises.pdf

Be safe. Be kind.