Masters Running

Tuesday 7/15 (Read 32 times)

I get to see Maria today!!!  YAY!!!  My arms and my heart are missing her big time!!

5.2 steamy miles this morning - easy pace, still feeling the quads from SUnday --- guess I know what I need to work on!!

Happy Tuesday!!

denise

Tramps

Steamy here too.

A couple of tempo miles in the middle of a 5-miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

triple H's in Boston, too.  74 and almost 90% humidity at 5:45.  Drippy shorts indeed.  Just in case I wasn't in awe of what Amy and the other southern runners do, it just got more.  Kept wishing it would rain--I wasn't going to get much wetter.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Howdy everyone!

Have fun with Maria today, Deeze. I'm glad you're recovering from Sunday's race.

Nice runs in steamy weather for you too, Tramps and Stumpy.

Tet, I'd also rather a goddess app than a zombie app. But I (like Evanflein) prefer going with no app even better. Racewalking with getas (one prong or two) isn't going to happen...

Aamos, good luck to you and DH if you both race that 5K this weekend.

It was 70F with 90% humidity when I headed out this morning, so I got to share a bit of the steamy weather too. There was an on-shore breeze at the coast, which created a dense and cooling fog - it had to be at least 10º cooler by the water! It was great there, but I felt the temperature start to rise again as soon as I turned west to head back home. 4.? naked RW miles.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' guys//..........stormy and dropping into the 50's tonite..

........Cane''Stroll'' tomorrow, frostbite is not an option

been trying out my TENS unit, so this could work.

==========

...but I digress......

..30mprnb

deo

..........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Morning all and great job with the running, crosstraining, etc.

I was out for 5+ miles this morning predawn [4:40 AM] in patchy fog/humidity with temps around 74F.  No stars or moonlight visible this morning due to overcast skies.  Overall time was 44:37 which was not my best time for a tempo run which was the plan for today. But I guess not too bad given the humidity and no breezes.

Rest of week will probably be more of the same.

Later folks and stay hydrated.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mariposai

Shadowrunner is here! Good news!

Jay, my friend Dr. Grace is starting to speed walk. We went speed walking with her on Sunday. Needless to say... I was very sore the next day.

Deez4boys, enjoy Maria. I think we are do for a picture of her here Smile.

Speaking of pictures, how is Annabelle doing? and Claire?

Well, life is back to normal in the posie household. I had a fabulous day yesterday, the wine tour was one of the best I have had in that region and posie son Daniel and I are very happy that we found a very good sushi bar only 2 hours from home (which is better than 5 hours).

Today's 5 miler with the Easy Pacer was nothing but easy. It was still good to go out early before the sun rose to warm up the valley.

Tetsujin, I keep wanting to mention to you that I did get in for the Leavenworth 50 ultra for this coming weekend . I will decide on Saturday if I drive up there on Sunday to run it or not. It will depend on the weather. If it gets too hot I won't do it.

Stay hydrated and enjoy the sunshine.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Yep--I'm still here.  This summer is just really busy.  I wish I could say "no" to people easier....I have another dang church meeting, tonight, that's wrecking my run.

I have been thinking about  entering the Senior Games and trying to qualify for Nationals next year, since they're being held in Minnesota.  Then I did a 4 mile race last Saturday and just did terribly.  It was PW.  I had no mental toughness at all.  It became hard at 2 miles and I packed it in.  I was very disappointed in myself.  I thought, "There is no way I'm going to go and make a fool of myself in those Senior Games".

After the race, DW and I went 5 hours north to her 40 year class reunion.  We had a good time.  (I always have a better time at her reunions than mine).   They were giving out these stupid awards to people...grayest hair...best looking beard...those kinds of things.  Then they gave an award for the best runner in the class and two guys went up and goofed around a little bit and one of them got some goofy award.  Anyway, after most of the people were gone we went out into the bar for a couple more drinks and this runner guy was there.  He asked me where I went to high school and I told him and he said, "Oh, yeah...I always do the urban wildlife half marathon there".  And, to his surprise, I said..."Oh, yeah...that's August 2nd this year, isn't it."  He looked at me and asked me if I run and I told him that I did.  Then he told me how he wasn't going to do that half, this year, because he was going to do the 10k at the Senior Games.  And all of a sudden, from the other end of the table, my DW pipes up and says, "My husband will beat you!"  So...to end this little story quick...I guess I'm going to the Senior Games.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Old boyfriend to compete with, Mike?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Afternoon!  (mornin' still, left coasters!)    ...only half a day in court for me, so a quick check-in before entering my ntoes.  Hope you're all having happy good Tuesdays as Deez wished us early on this am.

OK, I know you're all too polite to ask about the big headlines today, but, no, no no, it's not me:

Meet The Daughter Yanni Fans Didn't Know He Had.

<<that's my last name .  I'm not the daughter, though.>>

I had good luck with a TENS unit some years ago, tw.  Hope it helps.

I think the sandals look greta, tet, I'm just telling you, I really don't have great balance.  Prolly one of the reasons I'm such a poor trail runner and for sure why I can't ice skate without doing a butt splatt before the first turn around the rink.

We're at the time of year when the overnight low is around 75, so the rain shower that sprung up at around mile 2.5 and lasted for about 10 minutes this morning  was most welcome!  I was able to don a hat and happily splashed along.  Nine for me at an 8:37 pace.  And thanks for the good wishes for Saturday, Jay!  I think DH may go out with his walking buddies and just get me after for breakfast at the Cuban place (near the race site.)

Mari, DH speed walks, as I've mentioned.  Give our regards to Dr. Grace. A few more folks and we can start a race walking sub group (no Jay, you don't have to chair this one!)     Glad you found a sushi place.

I think Tramps is ramping up the speed under wraps there in the humid climes of Virginny.......

So MikeE, I ran in a race here in December that was part of the Senior Games.  That was prolly for 2013, though, right?  Do folks travel to compete in them?  I don't know much about them, I have to admit.

Hi out there, Jlynne.

we'll see if the Speedsters can get in our speed work tonight.  Last week we were rained out and it could happen again.   I know, the race isn't cancelled b/c of rain, so we should just do it, ala Nike, right?

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

And all of a sudden, from the other end of the table, my DW pipes up and says, "My husband will beat you!"  

snork!

But I know you will, too....

6.2 miles for me this morning in 66 degrees.

DD's end of season softball party after work at 6pm, then she has tennis practice from 7-8:30.  This, after she spent the day at the pool with friends.  That child has some serious energy....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

..thanks Aamos//.......glad to see you joined us.......

,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,,

TET//...check your messages......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Deez, I know the feeling of missing the grandkids. We get to see Brody and Addison on Friday at Duk Duk Daze  in New Hope, MN. DS has a kettle corn gig there, just minutes from his house. we are camping nearby and will gladly go play with the kids for the night.

I got got back from a run a little bit ago. Some younger Asian chick was trying to pass me. I finally let her go by me and then she lost me going up a hill. Then another lady passed me like I was standing still. I gave it all I could to try to stay on her heels, but couldn't quite do it. I did make it around the lake in record time for this year, right at an hour, woo hoo!  It is 66 degrees and I am freezing here. Ready for a hot shower, my winter P,J.'s and and a good book.  I am sorry some of you have steamy weather, but I really enjoyed the last two days here.

MikeE good to hear from you, funny reunion story. I signed up for the lottery for that Twin Cities 10 Mile race in October.  Maybe that Urban Wildlife Half is a race I could do. We will be up there that weekend too, hmmmm,,,,,,,

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Star, I really like your new avatar. Enjoy your weekend with the family.

Deez4boyz, how was your day with Maria?

MikeE, you will do great at the Seniors game. Funny story about the reunion. I can see how proud your DW is of you.

Aamos,  I agree with you. I have been noticing how nicely Tramps is moving up with his weekly miles. Nice!

Enkiephalin, how is your weather out there? It is still 106 here right now. Very, very hot and a lot of smoke from the Chelan fire.

Wildchild, how was your Thai dinner?

Erika, you so rock!

Tonight would have been group run for us, but it is just too hot, so I came home and did some arm sculpting workout, plus washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen from the weekend cook out my arms will be firm and well sculpted, I hope.

Off to water the plants. I need to be nice to them so they can keep gifting me with flowers. Ohh, we ate our first green beans harvest from the garden today. It was yummie. How is your garden doing, Tamster?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Thanks all, but I don't feel like I rock. About halfway into my run tonight, my left calf tightened up and started to hurt a bit. It never got to the "OMG I have to stop" stage, but it did get to the "if I had a ride, I'd stop running now" stage. Made it to DH's office and drove the truck back to my office to get my stuff, then we came home. Been sitting with the heating pad on it for the last hour. That just sounded batter than ice. Have no idea what happened here. It was fine yesterday and for the first half of today's run. Just weird.