Masters Running

Light at the End of the Tunnel & RAfamily party (Read 79 times)

arf

MM #405

Hi Friends,  I'm sorry I haven't been around lately.

We have suffered some terrible flooding here in Southern Alberta and are still cleaning up.    I won't be able to come to the race this weekend.  No one is more sorry about this than me....

If anybody would like to run it I will gladly give you my entry and I think that would be wonderful.

...ultra underscore runner underscore at hotmail dot com

arf

Mariposai

Sad news about arf not being able to make it! Did you know that you can get your registration fee back? See the email you have received from the RD.

Russmussenmp, your liquid treat will sound good on a hot day. I am trying to find a creative way to make twocat's ribs and bring it to the finish line. With a little preparation and some begging to the Easy Pace to babysit the ribs on Saturday afternoon and may happen...humm

Don't forget your lights, and your bottle water, runners. Remember this course has very, very, very limited support for water stations.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai, any chance we can go out for a pasta dinner Saturday night with your family, Mike and Carolyn, and Mike and Sue and Pfriese, and anyone else that is interested?  Downtown Seattle?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Cecil58 I saw in your post that your friends Doug and Sue are going to volunteer at the Bandera aid station.  How are they getting there?  Is there any chance I can hitch a ride and help out until Mariposai comes along.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Walk-Jogger

Twocat,

I talked to Doug and Sue about this on Wednesday at our weekly beer running group meeting and they are apparently running in on the trail from the starting line to the Bandera rest/aid station, so 8 miles each way. I guess there's no way to drive in to that one? They did not know how the  water and other supplies would be delivered. They may be running in with packs on their backs, LOL.

I keep telling myself that I'm just doing an epic  "long training run" on Sunday morning with 700 of my runner friends...   Shocked

- Cecil

Retired &  Loving It

Mariposai

Mariposai, any chance we can go out for a pasta dinner Saturday night with your family, Mike and Carolyn, and Mike and Sue and Pfriese, and anyone else that is interested?  Downtown Seattle?

Enkie, the Posie Clan already has plans for carboloading tomorrow, but if we know where and the time you will be having dinner, we could show up to hang out with everyone.

I can't wait to see you all!!!

Happy Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

I again wanted to offer engine room tours if anyone happens to be in Seattle today and is looking for a harbor tour.  (we are the cheapest tour around.  Mari, You can ask DS1 about it.  My boat will leave Seattle at 1:10,  3:00 and 4:40.  (don't bring a car)  If anyone happens to be on the WSF Puyallup at any of those (or other) times this weekend,  You can call me in the engine room at

(two O six) -407 dash 8389

Have a great weekend racers and volunteers.

Dave

Mariposai

I got your number, dievechief. My family is arriving to Seattle late this afternoon, so doing an engine tour won't work for us. We will call you to check about tomorrow.

Enkie, a post race gathering at your place sounds fun. Please call me on my cell to work out the details. Sorry we will miss the RA dinner tonight, but we still would like to stop by the restaurant to say hi. Let us know  where you are meeting.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hello Everyone!

I'd lve to stop by and say hi or join tonight if there is a get together....I am a bit disorganized and late....oops!

Tet and Nancy should have my email and cell number!...

Francesca

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay...I made it through two takeoffs...and two landings...now I need to prepare myself for whatever lurks inside that tunnel...

Walk-Jogger

Mike, for what it's worth I walked about 50 feet into the start of the tunnel this afternoon and back out, and survived. Could not see any light at the other end of the tunnel, however. I guess one needs to venture further in before it comes into view.

I'm sitting here at the outdoor seating area of our hotel bar in Issaquah, wondering what I've signed myself up for tomorrow. I've never finished a half marathon race before and thought to myself "that was so much fun, let's keep going and do it again!"... Undecided

I got  a text from DD#3 this morning, she and hubby and presumably two of my many grandkids are actually driving over from Spokane just to watch me finish the race. That's a heck of a lot of driving to see a sweaty old man run till he drops... Big grin 

Retired &  Loving It

Mariposai

Cecil, that is so sweet that your family will be at the finish. Make sure they find the cooler with the ballons at the finish line to joins us for the post marathon party!

posie family is in Seattle being pampered with Twocats yummie pre-marathon dinner.

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay, Tunnel--here I come! Watch out! (Did that sound convincing?)

Walk-Jogger

Okay, Tunnel--here I come! Watch out! (Did that sound convincing?)

Mike, nice running at the race today! And congratulations on making it through the tunnel in one piece! I wonder if the zombies left you alone because you wore your sunglasses through it!? Clown

Retired &  Loving It

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  I thought what happened in the tunnel, stayed in the tunnel.  What a dope I am...but I'm glad my headlight works after all....