Masters Running

Sunday Daily, 1.6.13 (Read 274 times)

mrrun

for Christmas i got two new Anthony Trollope books and dying to get back to him.

Isn't this an oxymoron?  I thought he wrote in the 19th century?

marj

No running till tomorrow for me.  I hope to do a long run tomorrow AM,dark and early.

Jlynne,the 1st series the Vikings had the ball it looked like Adrian Peterson was going to do a repeat of last week. I'm glad the Packers defense stepped up and shut him down after that. I hope it was fun being there.

Tom White-I rarely go to see movies,but my son said he thought this movie was pretty good after he saw it last week. I'm into old muscle cars as a hobby,and I see the character driving a 70' Chevelle in the previews,so maybe I'll go see this one. I'm kind of picky when it comes to movies,but maybe this one makes the cut.

Dave, it must be great to finally have your bathroom done.

There were quite a few long runs today: CNY, lynden, deez, Holly, ribs, and Bertha.

This morning, it was in the low 30s, there was a little wind, and a little snow.  I didn't have any energy and got in 3 miles at an 11:23 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

1.5 hrs of relative calm in our house before the Seahawks game. then it'll get loud. very loud. and no, we aren't having a party. David is a party amongst himself and can make enough noise during a football game to make it sound like we are having a party.

got in an 8 mile run this morning. First went for a 1 mile walk with both dogs. then took each one for a 4 mile run. They enjoyed it and I enjoyed passing the time with them. Made 8 miles go by much quicker.

will do planks later. Making a late breakfast now of hashbrowns, sausage, scrambled eggs.

Tammy

TW, the best parts of your posts are often before you digress, so let me build on your rant.  Reacher is portrayed by Child as HUGE, so I'm right with you on the Tom Cruise thing.  How could they even consider him as the character?

...agreed (except for the'' I Digress Part'')

............One Shot was my Favorite,

followed by a TOTALLY Schlock Book the next year,

a

buddy and I agreed '' The Rock'' would have made a better character

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good day everyone...no run but a good kettlebell workout. Lots of snow falling about 5 foot snowbanks out here. crazy year so far. A run tomorrow so better look fot the hex bolts to drill into my runners. Homemade pizza tonight and I made a batch of Mario Batali's Cowboy cookies. Amazing. Cheers.

Recent Best times: None recently

Put in a 15 miler today - my last long run before my half  marathon in two weeks.  1:52:39 (7:31 AVG) plus my planks.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Lots of good long runs today.

I made it for 7.3 miles this morning.  I need to slow down a little on my first mile--just over 9M/M.  I ended up with 9:50 due to running the last piece on an unplowed section.

DW and I got some Olive garden gift cards for Christmas and decided to go last night.  Not necessarily a smart move for a Saturday night--called before we left at 6 and were told it would be >2 hours wait.  We waited an hour and drove up to find only a 35 minute wait.  Turned out we were eating before the origianl time was up.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Bertha - I wear nothing but Drymax socks.  The best I've found for blister prevention, especially when you're going to have wet feet.  I've slogged through my fair share of mud puddles on the trails, and since I started wearing Drymax, I've had little to no problems with blisters.  They're a bit spendy, but worth it. Zombierunner has good sales on socks every few months, including Drymax.  Subscribe to their sale emails, and you'll be notified.

MikeE - If you and the other two guys are doing exactly the same job, I don't see how your employer can pay them hourly and you salary.

Rest day for me.  I wore my Danskos to church this a.m.  First time I've worn them in over two weeks.  The opening of the shoe hits right where my problem area starts with my foot and irritates it.  I think I'll be wearing my old running shoes until I get this foot thing figured out.  Oh, it's a real nice look with my work slacks! Big grin

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Did a 5k race this afternoon I was happy with my 24:51 because I did a 6.8 mile warm up 1st with the club and the race was not flat.  The race was the Race to the Alter with 2 club members getting married before the awards ceremony, very nice. I was present when they met in the summer of 2011.

Coastwalker glad to see you slept in Roll eyes

Jlynne congrats on the Packer victory but I'm pullin for the 49'ers because of local ownership and I got to meet Ken Willard when I was 11 years old so I started rootin for them in 1966.

Mike E.  International Falls race in January  brrr!

TomWhite I'm sure the runner thought you were the insane oneWink

rochrunner  same with my club lots of young ladies early 30's Smile

Stumpy I had an Olive Garden wait experience last nite, not,  we left went 2 miles down the road for better Italian food an no wait and I did not over do it on the salad.

Have a Nice Week...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Bertha - I wear nothing but Drymax socks.  The best I've found for blister prevention, especially when you're going to have wet feet.  I've slogged through my fair share of mud puddles on the trails, and since I started wearing Drymax, I've had little to no problems with blisters.  They're a bit spendy, but worth it. Zombierunner has good sales on socks every few months, including Drymax.  Subscribe to their sale emails, and you'll be notified.

Thanks. I do know that I was wearing the wrong socks but was opting for some warmth. I will be shopping soon for some new fancy runnin' sawks that cover both these issues. Big grin

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

evanflein

Got out for a run today to conquer my own "Bertha," but I have to say she almost got the better of me. Lots of stops on the way back up to recover and wait for cars. Our bikepath is a mess so this road is the next best option to get to the main road and the roads by the lower hay fields where I like to run (even though it's coooold down there!). Nice to catch the best of the sunshine today though, but finished after it had set. Still nice out there though, about 17° here at the house and zero down at the low points.

Tall, that's a lot of snow! Glad to see you're still a whiz in the kitchen... homemade pizza sounds good!