Masters Running

tuesday april 12 (Read 32 times)

mrrun

it looks like no one's started it, so I'll give all the lurkers something to look at.

sorry to hear twocat's been added to DL list - too many folks on it.

stumpy - i'm always pleased to see my name in paper - happens very rarely to me

tselbs - you're walking pace continues to amaze me.  saw my eye doc yesterday and she said wait for cataract surgery - i thought it was going to be scheduled

posai - enjoy seattle

waving hi to everyone else who I can remember your runs/comments!

woke up late and went out quickly because we're supposed to get rains and i do know the twocat rule. one again forecasters are wrong - i'm guessing the rains will come but several hours later then planned.

happy tuesday activities,

marj

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Must be quick as have some catching up to do here at the old office.

Majorly good news on the icky legislation Jay.  pshew.

Yay, stumpy, just keep your name OUT of the crime blotter, ok?  I put myself on the inactive list in MA, so I won't be able to defend you this year.   Remember that, ok?   Are you resting up for Sunday???   Wow, that's just around the bend!

OK folks, so what Barb omitted is that her team beat me, due in large part to their team ringer......her DD.  I was ahead of her on the last leg, but shazaam! zoom!  like a rocket (hmmm......), she was past me in what seemed like sub-7 minute mile speed---and effortless .  She is smooth and fast (not to mention charming and smart.  And she seems to have opted for the same in her spouse.).    What a treat to all get together--it was just too short, and we had to say goodbye too soon.   I posted a pic on FB (of just the elder Bs) but can't post it here as FB is off limits on work computers.

Holly, nice race; I agree, I find wind a major bummer.  We had cold on Sunday, but I was so glad it was fairly windless.

Way to work that recovery tselbs!

Glad Dave survived NYC traffic.

Love Erika keeping tabs on Mike.  Listen to her, now.  Prudence is the word.

Waving back at you marj, and see you soon.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Aamos, what a great meeting you had with Barb and her DD.  That's cool she is so fast.

I had a good run!  5 miles this am, but finally a little of the lead in the legs is gone.  I would not say sproinky, not even close, but faster than any other run in the past month.  I also felt strong on the bike yesterday and passed a fellow who thought he should go first at a stop light we were both at.  Silly man.  My DS is 16 today, so I measured him this morning, and he is 6' 1/4".  And as skinny as a stick of spaghetti.  I think he is not done growing yet.  He'll get to 6'1" I am sure.  My sister's son, who is one year older, is 6'6" now.  That's pretty tall!

I can hear Mike saying "who cares?"   I agree, Mike.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

RUN - funny how 50-degrees that seemed so warm up in GS-land

felt a bit on the chilly side during this morning’s five-mile ‘mute.
          POSIE - have fun with your DS David but, in light of his drop-of-the-hat marathons and triathlons with me a couple of years ago, don’t think he can’t go for a run with his mom just because he was over in Peace Corp land for a couple of years.  Look what aamos’s doin’ after her sabbatical.   Does he still run, cycle and even the swim legs of our tri's, along with verything else, in his beloved Chaco sandals?
          NEWSPAPERS - GS-land had less than 10,000 residents in those days and the local rag published a daily list of birthdays, feature stories, pictures and box scores of our little league games, weekly ski race times, and all marathon times.  There weren’t any AG categories back then but I still like the annual one in 1979 when I got in at eighth place. It would have been tenth place but two runners dropped out.

i once parked in NYC with a couple of bare inches to spare.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy again!

Just time for a quick read and fly-by post, as I am swamped at work.

4 recovery paced miles for me on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

I continue on the DL and have an appointment with an Ortho to see if I can heal that knee or, at least, get back to running. Went to the Y this morning and did 30' on the elliptical and 10' on the stationary bike. No knee pain that way and good aerobic workout but I miss the outdoors.

Mike E

MM #5615

I can hear Mike saying "who cares?"  

You have the best hearing of anybody I have ever known!

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy, masters!

I've been climbing at Mt Lemmon near Tucson this past week.  Still no running, but my knee is feeling better when I walk, so I may be able to try an easy run soon.  The climbing is a fun change of pace, and doesn't seem to bother my knee - it doesn't involve pounding like running does, so the stress fracture isn't affected.

Enke, happy birthday to your tall son!  16 already - wow.

Nice meetup for Aamos with RCG and her family!  Sounds fun.

We're heading back up to Utah today, to climb at Indian Creek.  We spent several weeks there before coming to AZ, but my DH needed a break from the hard crack climbing at Indian Creek.

Happy trails!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i once parked in NYC with a couple of bare inches to spare.

...and the car is still there.........

============

40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

...........quad in Operative Hip is much improved,

one more PR and I'll be ready for my Tune-Up Hike thursday.............ohboyohoby

.............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Stumpy, I have managed to recruit DH for the 5K, but I forgot the team name.  Help if you see this?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Stumpy, I have managed to recruit DH for the 5K, but I forgot the team name.  Help if you see this?

Yee-Hah.  That's great!  Hope you didn't make any promises we can't keep.  From the Par-Tay thread:

So we have a team.  It appears that if you're already registered, you can send an email to the address below and the very nice Wicked Fun will add you to the RA Masters team.  I'm still trying to find my registration confirmation to see if it's possible to do on-line.  And if you haven't registered, it's not too late, either.

will add it now..let me know if any others need to be added to the team if
                        they already registered.

Wicked Fun

>
                        > I would like to create and join a team called "RA Masters".
                        >
                        >
                        > -----Original Message-----
                        > From: Wicked Fun Running Events <wickedfun@wickedfunrunning.com>
                        > To: kameele <kameele@aol.com>
                        > Sent: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 10:36 am
                        > Subject: we have added team feature

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Enke, happy birthday to your son.

This morning, I ran a mile on the TM in 11:19.  Then we went to Saginaw for an appointment my wife had.  While waiting, I walked 3 miles at a 13:43 pace.  When we were done in Saginaw, we drove to Flint to have lunch with our daughter since it's her birthday.  When we got home, I took a nap.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun and wildchild  heal fast! Be nice to the parts that hurt.

Speaking of parts that hurt my leg is improving and probably close to healed (after about 16 days off). I hope to try and run either later this week or this weekend. But, that is just a hope, it will depend on how the leg actually feels. As to actual running I can at least report my DW dis a half hour on the TM.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just poppin' in to say hi.

Also--I struggled through a 6 miler yesterday and did 10 miles tonight with 2 x 3 under 6:40 pace in the middle that I had to work a whole lot harder at than I should have.

That's it.  Gotta go.  See ya!

Light days both yesterday and today in RA land.............no running for me today, but didnt get on yesterday to post my 90 minute bike on the indoor trainor and then a strong 3.2 mile run following.

Today worked and had 2 lovely couples and 2 delightful babies - love 2 baby days!!

TwoCat heal up- I stil owe you some mail............sorry

Posai - enjoy your time with David

Aamos - sounds like you had a blast

Enke - that's one tall nephew!! My oldest son is 6'4" and I think thats pretty tall especially with me as his mom!!

Time for bed - planning on getting up for an early workout before another 12 hour shift tomorrow

Sweet dreams my friends

denise