Masters Running

Thurs Aug 7th Daily Runs (Read 511 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Great to have you out spareribs and posting already......you werwen't reallly missed you know Smile It was great that the Saint kept us updated along with Hally, Rosie and Dale........ Right! I went out for a 5 miler, the garmin battery ran out just as I left, it also started to rain but me and woody headed out to complete a marked 5 miler hilly trail. It felt really comfortable and rereshing. Mary, I know exactly what you mean about not being able to leave the dog at home when you're heading out for a run and they can't wait to get out with you, you just can't can you. Good runs All Roy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning Roy! Thanks for starting us off today. Welcome home Ribs!! Out at 5:10 a.m. with Brinkley for 5 miles. I did my best to keep the first mile slower and the whole overall run slower. It was 58 degrees - no humidity and some cool refreshing spots of air along the way. I'm back to wearing a headlamp, so I can usually see the little green eyes before Brinkley does, eliminating unexpected fartleks. The black garbage bag he went after did surprise me though. Wink The last mile I really needed to get home to the bathroom - even thought about ducking into the woods, but just could not bring myself to do it. 10:01 / 146 9:49 / 155 10:01 / 163 10:16 / 166 10:53 / 166 10:12 avg. pace - 159 avg. heart rate Happy Thoisday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning Roy. Tory HAD to come also Smile We went for 4 Magical Healing Miles in 38:27 (9:32, AHR 141). Remember those OLD Colt 45 malt liquor ads where the guy sits at a table calmy drinking his Colt 45 while all kinds of comotion is going on around him?... Tory was that way today. A deer snorted loudly at him then quickly ran away and Tory didn't flinch. Later, a yappy (possesed) dog broke though his invisible fence and charged at Tory. Tory calmy bent around and looked at the little guy yapping, and the little dog stopped and retreated like "wooops!". Have great runs Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Ribs – glad you’re home. Now be nice to the Saint. Stop ringing that little bell. Wildchild – other than the porcupine, sounds like a lovely vacation. Mary – what type of headlamp do you wear? I’m thinking I may have to get one if I want to continue using the river trail much longer, since we’re losing daylight in the mornings, and soon I’ll be running in full dark again. X-training day for me at the gym: 30 minutes elliptical 10 minutes stationary bike 20 minutes elliptical 10 minutes crossrobics machine (sort of like an aerobic leg-press) Timbo – I forgot to tell you that for yesterday’s bike ride I was sporting my new dusky-pink bike helmet, which coordinated nicely with my hot-pink tech shirt, black shorts, and metallic pink and white Sauconys. See, some of Spareribs’ fashion advice is sinking in. Smile May we all have Tory's calm today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Smile Thanks for the start off Roy - nice "refreshing" 5 miler - sorry about the battery on your Garmin. Wow, Mary also with a "refreshing" 5 miler - Glad you made it home.....in time Wink I hate it when that happens on a run. Steve....thinking about beer so early in the morning...ummmm Big grin Nice recovery run Buddie Smile You know how we all have sucky runs.....well I suck Got home from work last night with plans of a mid week long run - 11 to 12 miles with 6 1000 M repeats. Just walking up my stairs to my apartment felt like I was finished with my run, not before. I got my running stuff on then realized I felt sooo tired and I layed down on my bed for a while. After an hour I woke up with no motivation to run...which I think is a first for me ever. Guilt took over and I headed out with the goal to just run by feel with no pressure for speed or distance...before I learned to be smarter (thanks to many here) , I would have stuck to the plan and trashed my legs trying to stick to my original plan for this workout (and would have done it). In short, I could only run at recovery pace, and got in 7 miles - 1:07:57 - 9:42 ave pace. The whole time I was wondering....why do I feel this way Confused Oh well, sometimes this just happens and I did work 13 hours yesterday and it's really really been hot and humid here, and I think it is catching up with me. And I am going through some personal "stuff" in my mind which I won't get into here, but it has to do with being single, and seeing others I know meeting people and I see their joy and new found happiness...nuff about that Got my new shoes....finally last night - Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8'S. They felt good on my feet walking around my apartment, but we know running is a different thing. My running shoe store looked at my video from a few years ago and decided these new shoes would be good for my particular gait. Well, rambling this morning...so happy about Ribs getting home and on the way for a super speedy recovery Smile Have a wonderful day my dear friends....you all help me ways you will never know!!! Tim Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Roy/Mary/Steve, Well, I benched Renee today. Trying to get going and she wouldn't come in the house but wanted to play hide n seek in our backyard. At 5:45 a.m. Now, our backyard is 52 1/2 x 20... ...FEET! A shed, two little saplings, and two 7 1/2 ft. strips of side yard. But yep, she was tearing around and "hiding" behind each of them. I went in, got dressed, even turned on the Garmin to get her interested in coming in. She finally did. Meantime, son came waddling downstairs, so swooped him up and was depositing him in our bed with my husband when Renee came bounding in the door to our room and jumped on our bed and proceeded to lay down on my husband's head. While he's trying to take our toddler out of my hands. Confused Sooooo, 45 min later than expected, I was out the door. Ran 4 1/2 mi. on the boardwalk. Supposedly it's 68F and a whole lot of humidity, but it really feels hotter but not as humid. Go figure. Glad everyone else's dogs weren't psychotic today and you all could enjoy running together!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

I blame Byll and Steve for today's fiasco. Yesterday I saw they both did 1/2 mile intervals and I thought to myself, "Hmmm, I'm bored with cutback week. I haven't done those in ages and it'll help make things interesting tomorrow." I never use the "workout" feature in Garmin but last night I set up a workout in "Training Center" and uploaded it to my Garmin. 2-mile warm-up, 7x800 workbouts, w 2 minute intervals. I'd run conservatively. This morning I got out there and it was a Garmin-sponsored comedy of errors. I started the timer and did my warm-up 2-miles. But halfway through my first 1/2 mile workbout I realized that the screen wasn't showing me my elapsed time. Stop. Push buttons. Oops. Accidentally, I had started the timer, but not the workout. Duh! Then it was all downhill from there, figuratively. Efforts to salvage the run had me accidentally trying to cram a 1/2 mile into the 2-minute interval between sessions. Oops, not sure what happened there. Then later I realized I was calmly jogging through what was supposed to be a workbout. What a mess! I did as much standing around pushing buttons as running. Roll eyes Fortunately, while logging the run, I thought of a solution: 7 mile (@ 8:45) fartlek run. Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

In my feeble running plan, today is an optional easy run day and since I had time and it was only 58° outside I did an easy 3 miles. Welcome back Ribs. I'm looking forward to what you have to say about general health stuff. (Not so sure if I'm looking forward to the gross stuff.)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Timbo – I forgot to tell you that for yesterday’s bike ride I was sporting my new dusky-pink bike helmet, which coordinated nicely with my hot-pink tech shirt, black shorts, and metallic pink and white Sauconys. See, some of Spareribs’ fashion advice is sinking in. Smile
                    That's sweet Holly....I tried the pink once, but my Tri buds made fun of me Smile Good job on your X training, I am sure it's helping you stay "some what" sane. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning, all! Roy - dontcha just hate it when the Garmin dies unexpectedly??? Good hilly trail run! Good to have Ribs and Wildchild back in the fold! Holly - pictures, please!! I wanna see the miniature hyena! Dave - send some of the 58 degree weather my way, please. Actually it wasn't that bad this morning - temp in the mid-60's with negligible humidity. 7.25 mildly hilly miles @10:02 pace and 153 average HR. I've volunteered for traffic control duty for a triathlon this afternoon - I'm hoping that the forecasted afternoons storms don't arrive as predicted. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Holly - pictures, please!! I wanna see the miniature hyena!
                        pictures, yes. but who cares about the dog (sorry, Dexter) The Pink ensemble, please. Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning everyone. I actually ran 5 miles today without too much "discomfort." The pace was a pathetic 10:01 and I finished up with walking a mile (it was either walk or call a taxi!) IRC here this morning. 59F, no humidity and bright blue skies. Tim - you're a running machine. Don't feel bad when you don't have the drive to get out once in a while. Sounds like your worklife is keeping you pretty busy. Holly - your biking outfit sounds "hot." How's the rehab coming along? Are you experiencing much pain lately? Mary - your training seems to be going well. I'm not looking forward to running in the dark again. At least you have Brinkley to keep you company. How's your new "baby?" Glad to have Spareribs back. Hope you're recovery is coming along well. Sue - nice of you to volunteer for the triathlon. Nice run this morning, too. Well, we lost #4 to the Jets. Favre's house is two blocks away from mine and it's been an absolute zoo the last few days. The police have had the roads blocked off to keep people/reporters away from his home. Yesterday when I came home there were cars parked down both sides of the street and people everywhere. It's too bad his career had to end this way. Their family did so much for the community and he's a genuinely good guy. I don't know everything that happened between management and Favre but the players are all relieved the circus is over. We'll see who made the right decision. I guess I was surprised to see him go to another cold weather team. Good Thursday runs, everyone. Jeanne
                          dg.

Morning everyone. Morning Roy & Woody. thanks for starting. Nice 5 miler, you didn't let anything stop you. Smile Welcome back Ribs! Same to Carolyn. I haven't read about your porcupine yet. Nono, you're so much fun. Sadie was in the same mood this morning. You take one look at their eyes & you know you're in trouble. Tramps, thanks for making me feel better. I've had too many days like that. Oh, I like your solution. may try it sometime.. Wink Sue, have fun volunteering. I'll fax you some good weather. Tried it for someone else once, & it worked. comedy of errors myself this morning. went to pour the coffee & i'd forgotten the grounds last night. As well as my street shoes (the gym wants you to carry in your workout shoes. despite the fact that i've been wearing them at Gallup Park where all the geese hang out). So I had to crawl around on the bedroom floor in the dark to find them. When i got to the gym I started to try & open the locker with my clicker again. Anyone want me to drive them someplace? My Polar is back. There is some improvement, about as much as I'd expected, but not as much as I hoped. Still, better is good. Today's run was 4.01 miles, ahr 166, max 182. Average pace was 9:58 which was my best ever by .01. Wink. Max pace 8:28. Miles: 10:32 154 9:54 166 9:36 171 9:35 175 Hamstrings & maybe piriformis hurt most of the time, even during the w/u walk, so I am happy with this run. Except, of course, the hurting part. hope you all enjoy your day
                            DickyG

Welcome back Ribs! How many miles did you think about doing today? Always assumed you looked like your avatar...but Tramps showed us the real you. Maine: That's a great 8-miler, especially those last sub-8 miles. BTW, how did Joel do in the 10K...I'm really envious of his times, especially since we're about the same age. Enke: That's a great treadmill workout..I can never stay on those things...one false step & I go flying out into space. dg: What the heck is "prehab"? Teresa:
                              I was thinking, "OK, I'm doing this for my children. I'm doing this for my future grandchildren..." DH corrected me later - "No, you're doing this for yourself!"
                              Nah...you're doing it because you're a finely tuned athlete..and you love to suffer. Timbo:
                              I got my running stuff on then realized I felt sooo tired and I layed down on my bed for a while. After an hour I woke up with no motivation to run...which I think is a first for me
                              Well, Tim, for what it's worth, happens to me all the time...and the occurances have increased as I've aged..however, the fact that you went out and ran 7 miles anyway shows a lot of fortitude..you obviously are listening to your body..and your body was saying, "slow down, cowboy". Jeanne: You live 2 blocks away from #4? Must be in a nice neighborhood...what color is the guest bedroom? Carolyn: Welcome back! No running for me today...I rarely run on Thursday..leaving work early today...city-county golf championships are in a few weeks...I'm gonna practice for about 30 minutes and then play 18 holes with my regular bunch of theives. DickyG
                                8 cruise miles at a 7:47 pace... Good to see Mr.SpareRibs back...
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip