Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 7.14.15 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Here's a photo from Sunday of our niece's dad helping her with her first-ever toe-dip in the ocean. Rumor has it that she'll be back for more.

6.3 RW miles in 60F temps and 95% humidity this morning. The coolish temps helped mitigate the effects of the humidity, so it was better out there than I thought it would be. Of course, I was still a bit 'damp' by the time I got home. Thinking of TomWhite, i wore a cap on my workout this morning.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Cute kid in the water.

I was up early and joined the hill gang for a 5:00am run. Since I am still fighting tight/sore back & hips I did an abbreviated workout. The other 3 guys who showed up cut back too. One had done a half-ironman on Sunday and was still tired and another had run a hard 16 over the weekend.  The other guy was just happy to take it easy.

4.85 miles for me and only 4 times up the hill. Overall pace was above what I would have done on my own, so it felt good to get out there and push it a little.

What an adorable picture! Love the hat - it really completes the look

That heat and humidity is still here too. 6 sweaty miles with LOTS of walk breaks this morning. I started painting "Peace Poles' for garden art and dropped a 5 footer on my left foot last night. Got a pretty good gash and lost some skin so putting on my running shoe was a little painful this morning.

Hey Enke - tell us more about Mr. Blue Eyes!

Glad you got a new phone Deez, but what a painful process to get it.

Congrats Mike. 5th place at the National level is pretty impressive. And your grandkids think you're awesome. Nice sign for Grandpa Mike!

What happened to the little blue bird Erika?

We're going to see "Me, Earl and the Dying Girl" tonight. Was just wondering if anyone had seen it yet and could give me a thumbs up or thumbs down, because DH does not want to go to a movie with such a depressing title!

enkephalin lab sciences are tough.  I sure hope things work out for you.

evanflein as others have asked any bird news?

tetsujin209 I want to know why marathons are not among the sports in the NCAA tack and field repertoire?  Far more people run full and half marathons than 800m post-graduation.

I debated between joining a training group this evening at 6pm near my office or running this morning.  Running this morning won.  A combination of things, including likely storms this evening.  Along my route I noticed a pond had turned into a reflecting pool for the house above it.  It just struck me as kind of cool and here is a picture of it.

I know not as exciting as say an under or overpass.  But you cannot have everything!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - adorable!

Twocat - what a lovely house that is!  I always look at houses like that and wonder how many people live there.

Busy preparing for our 5 day trip to WV, leaving tomorrow.  We're calling this the first annual Slone Family Gathering.        There will be my two older brothers, one wife and a niece and nephew, and also my other nephew with his wife and 4 little boys - 15 of us with my family.  Thursday 12 of us are going on an all-day white water rafting trip, although we will be doing the "mild" rapids, given that we will have a 6yo with us.  The 4yo twins will stay back with their mom.  Looking forward to it!

4.4 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 68 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Great photo!

6 sweaty miles.

Count down to RAGBRAI...5 days and counting.

Sayhey! MM#130

Mornin!

Eight and a half this morning.  Easy still, but a bit faster than yesterday am.  The speed workout is tonight, so I'll be loving Tuesday a whole lot more when I get that behind me; it's a kind of love/hate relationship. 

onward and upward........

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

BlazinCajun

4.4 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 68 degrees.

Holly your running log is really leading folks on with a 439 mile week:-) Have fun in WV.

Cute baby alert - Nice photo Jay

Dave - Hope your sore back and hips feel better soon.

Jlynne - Congrats on getting your sweaty miles in today

Twocat - Nice scenery and reflecting pool - thanks for sharing

Slo-hand - nice 6 miler - Hope you have fun in 5 days.

Aamos is a machine

Got in my logging trail/grassy powerline run in this morning. Think I'm adjusting to all these warm temperatures.

Have a great day today.

Andrew
                  ------------------
                  God, my Lord, is my strength;
                  he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                  and enables me to go upon the heights.
                  Hb 3:19

Marathon Maniac #957

Oops, Blazin - that would indeed be a loonnnnngggg run....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jay--cute niece.  Now you've created a monster.

TC--nice little cottage.  reminds me of Newport.  Holly, probably a family of four.  That likes to spread out.

Dave--sound like you're ramping up a bit.  good for you.

Jlynne--Be gentle with yourself.  That did not sound like a peaceable Peace Pole.  Hopefully not based on telephone type poles

As for me, i again slept in, but it wan't nearly as warm, so make it out for 5.8 miles of drippy shorts type.

Amy--going to be watching for the Brock Star appearence?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

HermosaBoy

Morning all -- another busy day for me.

7 easy hot/humid miles this morning.

Now to prepare for the three interviews today.  Well, one of them is just a recruiter, but it could lead to something...

439 mile week?  You go Holly!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Sayhey! MM#130

Amy--going to be watching for the Brock Star appearence?

Yes indeed! 

........................................now trudging off to time out...........................Image result for image cartoon "time out"

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

Wow, Holly is making up for lost time! 

I agree, that house reminds me of Newport RI, too. And when I see houses like that, I think holy carp, how do you keep it clean, furnished, repaired, etc. My small house is overwhelming at times....

Go Hermosaboy! Good luck with the interviews.

So after work, DH and I went back to the willow where I'd last seen the little blue bird. He (she?) was gone. We looked around for awhile, in the trees and on the ground (where I'd first seen it), and no luck. I really wonder what happened to it, because it was so windy yesterday afternoon, and then it drizzled almost all night. If I go out that way today I'll definitely look for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - I don’t want to say it out-loud in the middle of the beautiful summer you’re having up there yet but I hope you and DH get that little parakeet before what happens up there after what is happening now happens.
                              MikeE. You’re obviously in great shape and always will be.
                              However, I bet the rest of the field was probably benefitting from extensive race training and strategy along with expensive coaching that you just did on your own.  Maybe check and see how many of them are regulars at the Senior Games.  Congratulations for sure.
                              There’s four public accesses to the lake that are separated by two, four and six houses, respectively, a couple of blocks down the street.  I’ve been braving the two house swim for the last couple of weeks and was so delighted to have made the four house one this morning, I measured it on my bike pedometer kind of expecting it would be the same 0.25 miles of a planned sprint triathlon in August.  Nope, only 0.8 miles and it takes all 12 houses to make up the needed 0.25 miles.  Yikes.
                              Steve - unlike most of us who pretty much know what’s going to happen every day, you’re out in the front lines where every encounter with the end users is a new unknown fraught with risk and challenge. I bet you’ve taught thousands of others how to deal successfully too with their jobs, . . . and life.  I could have used you a couple of years ago, that’s for sure.  However, seein’ so many little ones herein starting to make it on their own with their own exploits and discoveries makes it all worth while.

twocat - an NCAA marathon championship seems a natural event.

The recruiting would be fun to watch.

maybe someday.

Good luck hermosa

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Happy Bastille Day!

We're back in the USA after 5 delightful days in Canada. No running until tomorrow in the Berkshires.

Amy, I saw Me and Earl---it was a feel good movie and not a downer. See it.