Masters Running

Wild West Relay (Read 21 times)

I'm on a team and we have lost a few members (that's how I ended up on the team).  Just got an email from our captain in Denver, frantic because we're 2 weeks out: Our runner Joe has a broken foot, and he's without question the strongest runner on the team (he's the speed demon that finished the Boston marathon in 2:45!) He had the uphill leg going out of woods landing and going up rabbit ears. So - we need another runner, desperately, but we don't just need a body, we need a strong runner that can take at least one of those legs. I am requesting that all of you beg and plead with any strong runners that you know to please, please, please join our team!!

Any takers?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Opie, where is the relay? I can't do it, but depending on where it is, I might know someone....

Mike E

MM #5615

How about trackrat?

wildchild

Carolyn

By "strong runner"  I assume you mean "fast runner?"   I'm strong and can run over the pass, and I'm obviously acclimated to hight altitude, but I'm certainly not fast!   Is your team actually trying to place well, or just have fun?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It's from Ft. Collins to Steamboat, CO. Carolyn, we're in a division called Helter Skelter and it's just for fun. Let me tell Jen you're interested!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me