Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 4.23.14 (Read 40 times)

C-R

Evening.

Good luck Ribs. Will keep you in our thoughts for success.

Nice wrap Jay (as always).

Busy day. Lots of work. Managed a run at lunch and got the yard mowed tonight.

Well off for a bike ride with kids.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I hate coming on here and just post my run and leave...but that's all I have time for.  13.1 miles in 1:34:03, including 9 tempo miles in 1:00:18.  It was a tough run...but I'm happy with it.

Okay--it's time for bed.  See ya!

evanflein

Kind of the same story here... although not as tough a run as Mike had. Ran home from work today. Woohoo! First time this year, and my legs still feel a little tired from the weekend (really? It's Wednesday!). But it was a good run even though I had to take a couple of rest breaks at times, especially in the last two miles. Here's the elevation profile. Those last two miles are always a bear, and it feels like there's always a headwind!

Anyone got any tips for running uphill in a headwind? Seems like I'm faced with that a lot recently, and it just kills me...

SteveP

Tammy, I could not be happier for you and David.

So I got in 6 miles this morning at exactly 54 minutes as I appreciated a beautiful sunrise......in my Sketchers, shoes of Meb.

grins,

A

I think they should sponsor you too.

where do I get a pair?

Holy Choke on Your Coffee.

Two miles with a DW and dog assist out the door.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Kind of the same story here... although not as tough a run as Mike had. Ran home from work today. Woohoo! First time this year, and my legs still feel a little tired from the weekend (really? It's Wednesday!). But it was a good run even though I had to take a couple of rest breaks at times, especially in the last two miles. Here's the elevation profile. Those last two miles are always a bear, and it feels like there's always a headwind!

Anyone got any tips for running uphill in a headwind? Seems like I'm faced with that a lot recently, and it just kills me...

Umm....that looks pretty tough to me.

So...here is my tip:  Every time you run up a hill in a headwind, imagine yourself in a race and you come to hill and you have to run into a headwind.  Then, while you're running up the hill in the headwind, imagine yourself passing people who are struggling up the hill and imagine them thinking how they wish they had trained running up a hill in a headwind.  Then, the next time you're in a race and you come to a hill and you have to run into a headwind, you'll be passing a whole lot of people who struggling up the hill into the headwind.  And while you're passing all those people, you'll be thinking, "I sure am glad I trained running up hill into a headwind."   Or...you could find a different route....

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance