Masters Running

Sunday 12/23 daily (Read 349 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sometimes you just have to laugh.  I've got to start real long distance training for Boston in April, so I was determined to run 16 today to at least get the process started.  But only ran 14 and they were so slow I couldn't believe it. So I guess I'm "easing" into it!  Spareribs

Thanks SR, I've never used that "easing" into one yet.

I guess I've been easing into it for a long time though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

6.5 miles of hilly trails. Felt like I was hiking more than running.  Took a wrong turn and went straight down switchbacks for 0.4 mile before I realized my mistake.  So in the middle of the run I ended up going down 1100 feet instead of 800ft, then the long climb back up - exhausting, on top of all the other shorter climbs.  But it's all good.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mari, It's good to know you made it safely to Paraguay and got in your second solo marathon with family support.  Mike, it would be neat if your friend went out on his own and took you with him.  It would be a bit scary to do it, but you're sure not happy with the current situation.  tomw, I hope the first dog encounter wasn't too bad.  I laughed about the asthmatic dog.

Nice long runs for wild, Holly, Drake, lynden, and ribs.

This morning, I got in 3 miles on the TM at a 10:03 pace.  We then headed out to our son's where we had a family Christmas.  It's  been a good day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

Spent the day doing laundry and general clean up around the house. Ran 10.6 on the treadmill. Longest run (inside or outside) in quite some time. Then wrapped presents and now carmelizing some onions while DH grills a nice ribeye roast on the charcoal grill. It's about -10° here at the house, -34°down in town, but the charcoal grill seems to do just fine at these temps. Should start warming up next week!!!

Hello from MN (go Vikings!).  Long time since I posted here but happy to say that I ran 3 times this week, jjust not today.  I took Bandit with me on Thursday and let her loose to play in the snow at the park, then this grouchy guy on a bike was there,,,,///// well maybe not.  Yesterday I couldn't let her loose because there were other dogs on the trail too.  Bandit really wanted loose when she saw two American Eskimo dogs out playing and posing for pictures.  Bandit is getting a little sister puppy next Sunday, Smokey.  Uff da, this house isn't big enough for a black lab.

I've been super busy this month planning the music since our worship director had a baby early December.  It's time-comsuming but rewarding, plus I get to pick out my favorite  carols each week.  Looking forward to a special Christmas Eve service tomorrow.  Our family is getting together here next weekend for Christmas and my kids are going to do the music next Sunday so I am looking forward to that.

I've been thinking of you all, but don't have time to catch up... I'll tru to do better. (Hi Econo!)

Oh, yesterday on my run I had a terrible time with my eyes burning and watering almost the whole time.  I was wearing sunglasses but that didn't seem to make a difference. Erika and others, do you have eye issues running in the cold?  It could have been from eye makeup that I forgot to take off.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

(waving). Hi Starr! I've had that watery eyes thing while running, and wondered if other people would think I was crying as I ran...for that and the runny nose in cold temps, I carry a hanky.