Masters Running

Thursday 4.7.16 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

7.2 RW miles in 41F, damp weather. I had some spritzes and light drizzle along the way, but I was still ahead of the steady rain that is forecasted for most of today. I felt slow and discombobulated out there this morning, but my splits were decent, so who knows what was going on?

Very busy day today, so I'm going to cut this short and get into it.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin jay//.........the Tough Work-Outs always  count Double.......

also

Very impressive work-outs for Tet Yesterday........

====================

Pickles

is playing Hookey Today til lunchtime

(of course

she also puts in 60-hour weeks)

so

possible Rest Day for me

...................good running to the rest of ya..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sounds like being discombobulated works well for you, Jay. 

TW - 60-hr work weeks?? What does Pickles do?

RE the Easy Pacer being in charge of dinner last night - I am very lucky in that The Hub is always home before me and almost always is the one who makes dinner and I do the clean up.  Some days he's to exhausted, but I gotta hand it to him, he takes pretty darn good care of me.

6 miles this a.m. in slightly warmer weather than we've been having in the a.m., with 6 x 1 min steep hill repeats.  A couple of sections of road by my house have been repaved, and one of them is perfect torturous hill repeats. 

Yesterday it hit 75 here in town, and in other outlying areas it hit 80.  Say WHAT?? In APRIL???   Our house was like a freaking oven last night, but I'm not complaining.  It was absolutely beautiful.  Today is supposed to hit around 73, and then we back down to our normal temps and even some rain over the weekend.  The plant life is like, "Whaaaa???"

We went through a ton of photos last weekend, and I found this one.  It's my brother and me and my three cousins.  I was about 5 1/2 yo and my brother would've been 8 yo.  I'm guessing the station wagon belongs to my aunt and uncle, but we're at our house in Cambria and this was probably taken before we took off for church.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai - nice that your DH rose to the task.  I can sympathize with wanting someone else to cook once in awhile, as I did not get a break for about 24 years with my ex.  Apparently, it was just something he was incapable of doing.     He could only order take out.

Tammy, yuck, and lovely description, thanks!

I'm having a sleepover at MBE's house the rest of the week as my kids are somewhere with their father.  What a lovely morning to walk Remi in MBE's  neighbourhood and enjoy the fresh spring air, the amazing flowers blooming right now, the landscaping.  Feels like being on holiday.  Then I took the new train extension from the University district into work, so only 30 minutes BTB commute.  It's going up to mid-upper 70s today!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

should have another 90 degree day here. oy! but I didn't run last night, so I really need to tonight.  although I did take B&B for about a mile walk down to the creek and back. they had fun swimming and cooling off. i'm so glad we will not be this warm here for my 10 mi race on Saturday. back to normal of low 70's and off and on light showers. should be upper 40's at the start of the race, so just right.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I was too worn out from yesterday’s ten miles on the five-mile out-and-back
              morning/evening running-mute but.at ten degrees warmer than yesterday’s
              41-degrees already at 7:00 a.m. this morning and calling for it to get up
              to 82-degrees by mid-afternoon, it was too nice not too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

fatozzig, neat picture of you, your brother, and your cousins.

I walked  3 miles on the TM this morning at a 13:43 pace.  I then took the car to get detailed.  While I was waiting, I had a late, greasy, delicious, breakfast and walked another 2 miles outside at a 13:41 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

11:30

7.11 miles

slow and heavy, Enke's brick legs?

I like reading about the west coast's weather. Today I ran through sun and rain and sun. Winds were sometimes helping and sometimes hindering.

I would like to go to breakfast with tselbs. Nice walking.

Want to get really upset with healthcare?

Listen to this radio program.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

''TW - 60-hr work weeks?? What does Pickles do?''

...she's has a Masters in Nursing,

and is the Certified  Diabetes Patient Educator

at the hospital Diabetes Center

.............Nursing is one of the Few Professions where having OCD is considered a Job Plus

and

Pickles is VERY Good at what she does

=================

..........I, on the Other Hand am UnEmployed.........er...........I mean Retired

,,,,but I digress,,,,,,,,,,

.50s, windy, and spitting rain>>>>>>>>>>I LOVE IT,,,,,,

.another

40-min hill repeats at city park

(can't wait for the Hiking Trip

Little Brother is gonna get his Arse handed to him)

................good running guys................Be Nice to Your Siblings,,,,,,,,they can' probably BlackMail You

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm having a sleepover at MBE's house

Will there be a pillow fight involved? 

Leslie - great picture!  And I love the purse....

Tammy - 90 degrees - wow!  It's about 41 degrees here, windy and rainy - not so pleasant, but at least it is not snow.

I was the guest speaker for a group this morning, talking about the changes in Ohio Medicaid.  It was a small group, 20+ people, so it wasn't too nerve-wracking (I tend to get nervous in front of a crowd).

My high-heeled boots make it about halfway through the day, then they come off and the fuzzy slippers I keep under my desk take over.  

No run for me today, just about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I would like to go to breakfast with tselbs.

My thoughts exactly!

TW -   Your poor bro probably has no idea what he's in for.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Want to get really upset with healthcare?

Listen to this radio program.

''A total of twenty-three doctors, medical companies, and others lined up with bills on Denise's case.''

it's a mess Rosie//...............my favorite part is when they tell you about the Hippocratic Oath they took........

one of my buddies

is a physcian in a small town here,

a PainClinic offered him $500,000 a year to work for them

he told them

''I didn't go to Med School to be a Damn Drug Pusher''

these Pain Clinics used to make $10,000 PER DAY or more

and

you don't have to be a Doctor to own one

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2014/oct/16/feds-break-alleged-pill-mill-and-money-laundering-/269746

http://maryville.wbir.com/news/news/650392-maryville-prescription-pill-mill-owner-sentenced-39-years

greasy diner breakfast sounds good!

No pillow fight.  I did feel bad that I kicked him in the back this morning.  I'm used to having a King sized bed to myself.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I'm amazed one can eat a greasy breakfast and then walk even faster after that!   On the rare occasion I have a big breakfast (not really a morning eater) with the usual eggs, bacon, maybe potatos, etc. I just pretty much want to go take a nap.

Tammy

Love the pic Leslie!!

Posai - glad your DH came through!! My dh loves to cook at times, but its unfortunately it's often meals I really don't want to eat. He experimented Sunday with making a rolled roast beef -- I don't eat meat. So I made a vegetarian chili. Tonight he made a baked macaroni and cheese -- so much cheese, milk, butter and regular pasta -- I'm not a huge dairy fan and really trying to get a few lbs off before a friends wedding in May!! I made a huge salad with zucchini, tomatoes, avocado, and chick peas and just had a small side dish of his pasta creation. Oh well - at least he's cooking for himself and the boys!!

I ran 6 miles this morning before the rains started. Part of the route was on a trail and a lot of it was rolling hills so not a fast run, but had great company with 3 friends and a doggie!! So happy to be out there again and building back up.

Hope you all had a greta Thursday!!

denise