Masters Running

Monday Daily, 11.5.12 (Read 323 times)

Dave59

Dang it Dave...I've been getting all the Facebook notifications and have been trying to ignore them. I really like this marathon and I love the town. I was thinking about skipping this year. I just may be up for half though. After the Monkey I do not plan on doing any Marathons until September 2013.

Party at Jlynne's!

It's too early to know if I can actually make but with my daughter living there it gives me a good excuse to head over.  I hit last year during my first bought of gastritis, not knowing what it was and what can make it better of worse.  The pains I was having during the race were really freaking me out.  I have high hopes that I'll have a handle on things by next May,

The weekend after Green Bay is Bayshore and there have been rumors of there being a group going there this year.  Kind of hard to get away 2 weekends in a row, but I figure if Bayshore does come together I could at least drive up for a day and say hello. 

Spareribs personally I am hoping the doctor says, "Dang, how did he make it to 1,083 in such good shape too!"  I know the odds seem low . . . but so far so good!

Somebody shoot me now!  There is a nor'easter scheduled to hit my area on Wednesday.  The latest forecast has wind gusts of 60mph.  If that materializes the odds that my power will go out again and not coming back all that fast is really good.  To think, I was just used to not having to drive to a gym to get a hot shower!  Also, getting used to television, lights, refrigeration . . . Sad

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

{{{TwoKitty!!}}}  Undecided  Hang in there!!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

2kat - give me about 83 of those years.

thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

aka FlyingFinn

I hope for the best for you and everyone else, Twocat.

Feel better soon, Lyndenrunner.

tet, follow Mariposai's directions for posting your pictures, or email me and I'll post for you.

35 minutes or so running in crisp autumn air;  piles of red leaves on the side of the street.  I felt some sproink in the absence of hills.

Fencing tonight with DS.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a sproinky 5.5 mile trail run at lunch today, wearing my new Moab trail marathon tech shirt.  Smile    The shirt got me wondering -- I know it's generally considered taboo to wear a race shirt you didn't earn by either running the race or volunteering, but what about people who got a NYC marathon shirt at the expo before the race was cancelled last weekend?  Can they wear the shirts?  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bihl, it would take me 2 days to ride 120 miles! Those Ironman tri-athletes are really something!

Carolyn, they should all sell their shirts on eBay. Rules are rules.

TW, any way you can get up a hill is the best way. Actually, I find that I bonk pretty quickly if I try standing on the pedals, but this might be because I haven't done it enough to figure out the optimal gear/cadence when standing. So I usually just go down to a really low gear and try to spin up.

One nice thing this time of year is having adding running companions since it's off-season for the tri-bunch and other competitors. So this morning I had a good 6-mile run with some people I haven't run with in a while. A side benefit is that they pulled my pace up so that I finished the 6 miles in about a 9:30 average, doing mostly sub-9s the last couple of miles.

On the way out, we were passed (quickly) by a group of Hanson's runners, and one of us commented that that's what it feels like when the 9:30s get passed by the 5:30s. Big grin

So who passed you up on your run today?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Carolyn, I wore my NYC Marathon shirt on my run yesterday with the group from my running club. After which, bags of clothes and goods, as well as checks, were collected from all of us to go to the Red Cross relief effort for the storm victims. It may have not been 26.2 miles, and certainly not in New York, but our 9 miles together as a group in NJ was a show of solidarity that I deemed worthy for wearing that shirt.

Twocat, that same storm is heading here as well. I just let out the water in my bathtubs this morning, finally. Guess I'll be refilling the tubs tomorrow night once again. :/

King of PhotoShop

I remember Blue Oyster Cult.  Their lead singer was Christopher Walken.  Spareribs

All I remember (and it has nothing to do with the consumption of alcohol or anything else while in college) is I had no idea who we were going to see, and when my mom found out I went and saw a band with the word "Cult" in the name, she just about went hypoxic.  It was a good thing I couldn't hear very well when I went home that weekend. Wink

OM - I think you deserve to wear the shirt.

Carolyn - That race looks like loads of fun!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

........... It was a good thing I couldn't hear very well when I went home that weekend. Wink

ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!.............Front Row seats.......

======

thanks for the hill tip roch//..........I don't want to screw up my knees

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I hope when I go, my doctor writes for cause of death, "Patient laid down the boogie and played that funky music til he died." 

Big grin

Not true about BOC, though....

{{{Twocat}}}

Leslie - what?  I can't hear you!

I am now officially registered for the Kentucky Derby Marathon (4/27/13), and we have rented an apartment in downtown Louisville for the weekend.  With fees, it's $200/night, and there will be either 3 or 4 women in the group, so quite a deal. Instead of being crammed in a hotel room, we get a penthouse apartment with a kitchen and a rooftop patio, 1 mile from the start/finish and a few blocks from the festival.  This will be a blast!

No run for me today, just 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

More cow bell.  Big grin

Hmmm - penthouse apartment, a bunch of women on the loose in Louisville.  Supposedly there's a marathon.  We'll see . . . . .

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks paavo. Unfortunately, I can’t even do the download part in the first sentence. Maybe I’ll see mariposai when she’s in town tomorrow.
                              OM - wear your 2012 New York City Marathon shirt with pride. I sometimes still wear a friend's from the 1983 one, e.g. at our In Unity We Run Marathon commemorating the seemingly doomed 2001 NYC Marathon. .
                              Okay holly, now, I’m starting to understand why at least one of the guys back there wears capris, and has even been known to pose as the opposite gender in his profile. However, though I wasn't here, I understand the 2009 Seattle Rock;n'Roll reunion was mixed too. Have fun!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Holly, that sounds like an absolute blast!!

Dad's surgery turned out better than expected so we're all happy here! Mom and I spent the day there, and came back to the hotel in the evening. It was such a nice night out, I went out for a walk around town and stopped at Palomino for a grilled mushroom salad. Yes, that was after dinner at our hotel, but we mainly had salad and appetizers. Walked back, talked to DH a bit, checked e-mail and need to go to bed. Where does the day go?? Hope to get a run in tomorrow, and see Mariposai for dinner!