Masters Running

Friday 14 daily thread/Tramps and Stumpy's weekend!!! (Read 38 times)

Mariposai

It is almost Friday on the Eat Coast, (PNW posters, please do not ruin this Friday thread by mentioning it is still Thursday in your world) and my butterfly wings want to cheer two of my favorite RA runners....

Tramps and Stumpy..

Today was an epic moment when two bright, strong RA racers meet. Personally, I am envious of Stumpy. I would love to meet Tramps and Tribee someday. I know that Tramps was delighted to meet Stumpy, he sure is the sweetest, strong professional, deep caring heart runner you can ever meet.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I've met them both and they're both really terrific guys and great runners! I'd love to do the Richmond Marathon some day, I've heard so many great things about it.

Marathon Maniac #957

I've met them both and they're both really terrific guys and great runners! I'd love to do the Richmond Marathon some day, I've heard so many great things about it.

Me, too!  Me, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Looks like a good S&T meet-up! Have a great time and a great race, guys!

6 RW miles in 33F temps, and light rain that very gradually changed over to snow flurries. I had a distinct lack of sproink this morning, so I just continued to work on technical issues and on enjoying being out in the great late Fall weather.

DW and I are going out to our favorite dive for breakfast in a while (maybe I'll go for a 'farmer's' omelette with a GFEM (gluten-free English muffin) and home fries), and then we'll pack and head out of town for a few days of much-needed R&R.

Good luck to both of this weekend's announced racers, and good runs all around!

Oh, and have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Aw, you folks are too nice.

The Yankees invade Richmond again.  Hopefully the locals won't torch the place this time around.

Leg-stretching 2-miler today.  Mostly it was to remind myself of what low-30s feels like, because we haven't had this sort of weather since last winter.  (Windy out there, too, which we won't have to deal with tomorrow, fortunately.)

Bottom-line: perfect weather + way less than perfect training = ?

It'll be a "play it by ear" sort of day.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Two awesome guys, both of whom I met.  Good luck to you both in the race.

Thinking about Amy yesterday and I recalled that many years ago I began making a list of the CR people I have met.  Since I abandoned the list, I have met many more people, as you will see below if you have been so fortunate as to have met me!

Aamos

Nowor

DaveinAA

gracie02

RunningSmarter  (we know her as Amy Stryker!)

Rose colored glasses

Rocket Scientist

rdracing

jjchaney

SkipAZ

arf

busyman

mrsribs

Prime Rib

Spare Tire

breger1

wa5yom

selb3  (tselbs kid brother)

Chipster

TomD

Starr

rtravers

TheProFromDover

tnally

Econo

hally

littlerockgm

mm1928

munchkn883

Tim Hanke

Meg

Glidegal

Redraiderrunner

MrC

Since creating this list there are many others today, including the duo in the pic above, Evanflein, Mariposai, Holly and lots more. Still haven't met Tet though.  And speaking of Tet, I have no grop or gorp recipe.  You must be thinking of someone else.

The first of my son's college applications came through yesterday, all tuition and fees paid for four years at Alabama, where he applied to have a "safe" school.  I doubt very much he will go there, but it's nice to know he has one in the bag.  The Saint looked up the room and board, and all in it's just over $16,000, which is far less than we pay at his high school right now.  Proud of him.

3.4 easy recovery miles in the park with the Saint today.   31 degrees and no wind. Very comfortable. Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

perfect weather + way less than perfect training = ?

perfect weather + way less than perfect training = perfect

because you will be more cautious in the initial miles and finish strong.

ps - they don't look like a tramp or stump to me.

have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Still haven't met Tet though.  And speaking of Tet, I have no grop or gorp recipe.  You must be thinking of someone else.

Maybe Divechief can get you hijacked on the Whidbey Island ferry in February if your trip works this time out to keep you here for one of our ubiquitous weekend 5K's <<<(Valentine's Day Dash)>>> (or similarly abundant marathons).  Would it help with enke, francesca, dove and did I miss Soundrunner on your list?

If weekend race doesn't work, I hope you don't chicke, . . . I mean opt out of a possible short barefoot run along the waterfront park in front of divechief's Sound view condo.

ps - I'll give you some real grop, grope, carp or whatever too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Have met Dove and Soundie! Soundie and I had dinner one night in Seattle.  Lovely woman.  Spareribs

janie b good

3.41 miles.

rest/travel day for me tomorrow.  heading to the Carolinas to visit family since I can't make it thanksgiving week.  hoping to get a few runs in while I'm away.  will be back Wednesday.

I've not met anyone from RA or CR.  I'm a bit of a recluse.  probably also why I'm not a fan of running races (large crowds).

good luck to all the racers this weekend!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Dave59

I have met many more people, as you will see below if you have been so fortunate as to have met me!

perfect weather + way less than perfect training = perfect

Perfect response from Tet.

I was coaxed back to the gym after months of absence. I did a circuit of the machines this morning.  Then a 6.12 mile run at lunch. The workout made the run harder than usual but I survived.  And I got such a good runner's high that I think I would fail a drug test right now if I had to take one.

Ribs, I remember meeting you for dinner one night, with dg9 (Debbie) also there (the main reason you didn't pay much attention to me).

Did a good strength workout at the gym this morning, then met an old friend (CEO of a company I worked for) for lunch. We'd both aged, but both still in good shape with active pursuits.

Thinking about the 10K I'm entered in on Sunday, I'm a bit concerned about the weather again. Not the cold, but snow. If it's only a dusting then no problem, but if it's a couple inches I'll have to reconsider. The street definitely won't have been cleared early on a Sunday morning, and falling at my age is no laughing matter. Maybe I'll at least bring my Yaktrax along (assuming I can find them).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I am not sure what was up yesterday but when I tried to post RA had ground to a halt.  It seems to have recovered now.  Well, as recovered as it ever gets, trying to post with a cell phone remains impossible!

Spareribs congratulations to your DS for getting a full ride at Bama!  That is quite an honor actually.

Good luck in Richmond Tramps and stumpy77!

The only news I have is that I have kept my promise to my body and refrained from doing any aerobic activity for a week post marathon.  Does that count as some sort of achievement?    Tomorrow I plan to start up with the elliptical again. My pre race plan was to delay my first post race until Thanksgiving when I would run in the local turkey trot.  But, I actually feel rather well recovered from the race already so this vow of non-running is starting to wear down my will power.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Spareribs congratulations to your DS for getting a full ride at Bama!  That is quite an honor actually.

I agree!

13.1 miles for me today in 21-ish degrees.

Some work on the computer and then a dental cleaning.  Off to a cooking class with DD tonight.

Good luck racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ribs! I know I am not particularly memorable, but wow! I read your list several times and know it's not my vision that's the issue! :-P