Masters Running

Knee Pain (Read 182 times)

TomD

On Tuesday (my birthday) evening after coming to a stop in our kitchen I got a very sharp pain along the side of my right knee. I elevated it all evening and seemed to not bother me until morning when I tried to get up. The pain was back. Donna went along with me to the local hospital's emergency room. After an hour and a half with an Xray it was determined that my knee cap was out of line and rubbing against my cartilage. I have an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor on Tuesday. My knee has been elevated and iced when I am able too. I have been using Tylenol and Ibuprofen. The number of times that it hurts has lessened, but the pain is just as sharp. Nothing happened to me to bring on this pain. I did nothing out of the ordinary. My running is now on hold. I am hopeful of running again soon though. TomD
    nowor

Tom, You didn't need one more pain in your life, but sounds like you have a sensible plan. Here's hoping that on Tuesday you will have some relief. You and Donna are sure there for each other.
        This is a bummer, Tom. I hope the doctor can take care of the problem. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Bummer! Please keep us posted, Tom. And a belated Happy Birthday, as well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."