Masters Running

December Masters Miles and 2013 Totals (Read 62 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Time to post your 2013 year-end and December total miles!   Also, post any PRs or AG awards, or other highlights of the month and year. Hope it was a good year, and 2014 is even better.

Instead of posting a picture, I'd like to invite you guys to post pictures - your favorite trail or local running place, or a favorite race photo.

Thanks to all of you for a fun year here at RA.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - my mileage was down more than 300 miles this year, but my trip to Moab was definitely the highlight.  Not just the marathon but Arches National Park - amazingly beautiful!

December  - 176.7 miles

2013 - 2089.4 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

November..Standing Stone Park…another finish to another hilly race on the Tennessee Running Tour.  That's me on the right .

Well, I guess my picture didn't show up.  Need to work on that.

79.5 for Dec. and 807 YTD.  Not as much as I wanted or needed, but being a grammy cut into a lot of the weekend training!

Latent Runner

December miles: 232

Jan-Jun miles: 329

Jul-Dec miles: 1,375

2013 miles: 1,704 (besting my previous high water mark of 700 miles logged back in 1979)

One of my favorite trails:

West of Hooksett Road

From the trail looking out across Massabesic Lake:

Massabesic Lake

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
          Mike E

MM #5615

Wow, wildchild...all the way from Thailand.  I thought we were going to have to wait until you got back to post our December and 2013 miles.  Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to do this.

This was an up and down year for me personally.  My job situation...Eric and his antics...and, of course, losing my sister last January was really tough.  But, through it all, I had my running--and all the friends I have made through running--to carry me through some tough times.  I appreciate every one of you.

Okay...enough mushy stuff...here are my highlights...

Meeting Holly and her friends Renee and Tara at the Kentucky Derby Marathon in April...

...and meeting Twocat, Cecil, Posie (and the Easy Pacer and the Posie Boys), wildchild (for the 3rd time), pfriese, rasmussenmp (and his wife), and Enke (the shadow taking the picture) at the Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon...

....here's a non-shadow picture of Enke with rassmussen and wild...and Francesca--yep--I met her, too!

I also met divechief...and his boat.

Let's see...that's 9 new RunningAhead friends I met in 2013!  Plus Renee and Tara and all the husbands and wives and kids...even some grandkids of RA friends...I met a lot of fun people this year!  Pretty cool.

And--I know you all just saw this one--but it was a highlight of my year and one of my all-time favorite pictures...

Yeah...2013 wasn't too bad.

Oh...I almost forgot...

December: 177

2013: 2358

2358 miles beats my previous best year mileage (last year) by 218.9 miles.

Thanks for a great year everybody!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks for the dedication of starting this from Thailand.  glad you enjoyed the early New Year's.

For those that hadn't heard, I hit 1001 miles for the year.  93.5 miles for December to reach that.  It blows my previous best out of the water by over 200 miles.  As part of the year, I did my first marathon and an 10K PR by 3 minutes.  I missed the annual Boston RA gathering, but suffered along with the rest of the city and country for the Marathon bombing.  Looking forward to what should be an amazing 2014 marathon and gathering.  I know I was able to say hi to Jay at his Seacoast Half in November, but stretching my memory doesn't come up with any other RA meetings, so I apologize if I missed anyone.

Not surprisingly, my favorite picture.....................

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM #7877

December Miles: 332.75

December Highlight: 1/2 Marathon PR. Santa Hustle Smokies 1:44:05.  3rd in Age Group.

2013 Miles: 2513

2013 Weight Loss: 85 pounds. (1.1.13 - 225 lbs. / 1.1.14 - 139.6 lbs.)

2013 Highlights:

Ran my 1st two marathons since 2008. 

Columbus Marathon: 3:45:06. (A PR)

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon: 3:49:00.

Posting pix... I had some earlier pix when I was heavier, By August, I was already down significantly.

And here is a pix from Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in early November. By this time, I was down 70 pounds.

Philippians 4:13.

December 97.4 miles

2013 Totals 1,150.3 running miles

Some nice pics to look at 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

C-R

December was 286.8 (for a new personal monthly high) and for 2013 it was 2210.0

No PRs in Dec but I had fun with base miles while being sick most of the month.

Thanks for doing these Carolyn.

Nice pics folks.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks Carolyn!!

December miles 113.9

Year End  1200.9    That definitely has to be a high for me!!

PR - set a 5K PR Dec 1 and placed 1st in my age group, then matched that PR Dec 22 and placed 2nd in my age group while running in a Santa's Elf costume!!

2014 - goal is to stay strong and healthy and finish Boston with a smile!!

denise

102 miles for December

1240 Miles for 2013

Thanks wild,

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

102 miles for December

1240 Miles for 2013

At 70 years old...you're awesome, Tom.

pfriese

Thanks again Wildchild for the monthly-totals thread.

The old Route 66 bridge over the North Canadian River on the north end of Lake Overholser. Now part of the bike/running trail around the lake and one of my favorite runs.

December: 97.3 miles

Year-end summary:

1156.3 miles running
                            820.5 miles biking
                            55.8 miles swimming

25 races.
                            1 Ironman 70.3
                            1 marathon 
                            7 half marathons
                            1 15K
                            1 5 mile
                            14 5K's

Only 1 PR (PR by default in Ironman 70.3 since it was my first)

A good year.

Paul

Dave59

I'm back from my tiring trip to DC and watching the grandkid so I'll post my miles and maybe come back later to add a picture and/or other stuff:

December - 115.89

2013 - 1000.23

evanflein

163.8 miles for December

2,201.4 for 2013

No PRs, but lots of good races, age group awards, top 5 (was #4) in our local running series and first overall female to complete all the series races (8 races in the series). Ran 3 marathons or ultras in 3 days in June to move up to 5 Star Maniac (Ruthenium level), which was a fun challenge (a tough 50k followed by the San Francisco Marathon was probably not the best planning for that challenge, but oh well).

My favorite marathon course, the Equinox... this one from 2011, taken just before mile 20.