Masters Running

July Masters Miles - everyone got an award this month! (Read 438 times)

coastwalker

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for doing this again! My award goes to Mariposai for always being so involved with her family and friends, and for always having such a positive attitude.

132.8 miles in July - my highest monthly total so far this year.

1st place (racewalker) - 4 On The 4th

2nd place (racewalker) - York Days 5K

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Carolyn, I second the award to Jay-also for showing the rest of us how rewarding early, early runs (or race walks) can be.

For July grandkid activities and visits brought our mileage down (plus my latest injury)'

Henrun: 83 (1st month this year I didn't hit 100);  YTD-699.5

Marj: 85 (1st month she ever had more miles than me); YTD-646-and that's on top of her monthly cycling of 119 miles.

DoppleBock

July 520 Miles in 27 days of running 71 hours 31 minutes

7/14 Dances with Dirt - Devil's Lake 50k race ~ 4:42:57 2nd Master

I ended the month with 6 days of vacation that I ran 3 times and drank significantly more beer than miles run.  Some very good beer in Michigan!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

wildchild

Carolyn

520 Miles in 27 days of running

That right there is really gonna mess with our average this month!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

I'll do my part Carolyn to help bring that average down a bit.

only 65.8 miles for me.

but a great first trail run (with altitude even!)

I read the instructions but fail miserably at coming up with a witty award titles. If I think of something for someone I'll come back and edit it in.

Tammy

DoppleBock

Glad I could help to shake things up.  Person closest to average might change up a bit ? 

I also had > 150 beers this month ~ How does that fit into the beer drinking average?

That right there is really gonna mess with our average this month!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Yep, bringing down the Average here too.  (Tri training will do that.)

76.4 miles running for July.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

There's an award for fewest miles? I had 39.2 M in July (sorry Stumpy).  I wasn't going to post but you flushed me out.  Some lingering blisters from a June marathon slowed me down, then a back strain kept me off the roads for almost 2 weeks.  I think Byll deseres an award for tolerating the persistent mangling of his name; it must tri his patience. 

#artbydmcbride

I nominate DoppleBock for most beers drank in a month!   Big grin

Runners run

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

167.2 miles. Crawled across the creek at Camp Croft marathon. The rocks were to slippery for walking let alone running.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

pfriese

Thanks Wildchild.

I'll help bring the average back down.

Running: 

July: 39.7 miles (pretty sure I drank more than 40 beers)

YTD: 763.7 miles

Bicycle miles for July = 118.8

Swimming miles for July = 9.4 miles

Paul

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn!!

July: 257 sweaty miles (maybe a few cool ones) this is the 22nd consecutive >200 mile month

YTD: 1757 miles

Run Streak:

714 days, 5604 miles (7.8 miles/day)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

an amazing likeness

207.3 miles for July

I will nominate Ileneforward for the "Relentless Racer" award for the month.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Shouldn't have DNFed my 50 on Saturday.

73.3 miles for July

548.4 YTD  

4 mile Grand Masters PR of 30:47  on my 3rd  attempt ( my Masters PR on this course was 26:20)

Umpired too many games and lots of bike miles!   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.