Masters Running

Monday, December 3 Runs and Maybe Nots (Read 343 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Still dragging my tail a bit, but it's time to get back to work. 

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of core and weights.

Get 'er done, folks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Where's Jay?

Have fun with that core workout Holly.

Got run #2 in last night and legs are feeling better.

A nice 3.1 this monring to get things going.

Make it a great one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am definitely not running today (but that is always subject to change Big grin ) so instead I may break out my hoola hoop and give that a whirl and dust off my baby weights and try to get some cross training in as I've sadly neglected any form of XT in the recent past (year§). The hoola hoop weighs more than the weights. Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

delicate flower

Gooooood morning!  My 5K yesterday went about as well as it could have.  I wanted to break my year old PR of 22:20 and I did just that.  I banged out a 21:23 and felt great doing it.  It's funny how, you know, training to run faster helps you run faster. 

I'm planning something easy today of a yet to be determined distance.  Maybe 5 miles, maybe 10. 

<3

4.6 miles at a 9:21 pace in perfect weather (well, by December's standards) that is supposed to be leaving us today. Capris and a long sleeved shirt when I headed out at 4:30 this morning. Awesome!

Have fun with that hoola hoop BerthaSlayer.

Hope you're on the upward trend with that cold Holly.

Sorry about your marathon, C-R. Glad the legs are better today.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Good morning everyone, 

The fog made it here to NE Ohio this morning

No run today will be off to the elliptical later

Small 5k race Saturday on a very hilly course 23:45  AG 3/7  OA 31/120  Right where I expected to be. Nice training course to push up hills and try to fly down. Good strength and speed exercise! 

8.1 milles w/DW yesterday 

Next Saturday USATF National Cross Country Championships in Lexington, Kentucky. The only reason I signed up was so that we could have a 50+ team then all the hot shot verbal commitments backed outConfused, so I'll be running for myself and trying to not finish in last place. 

Our Open women's team is pretty strong. 

Tramps sorry to hear about Koko Sad

Have a Nice Monday!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

We finally decorated the house and yard this weekend.  Looks nice!  The Choir performed at all three services yesterday, then went to one of the local nursing homes nearby and performed for them as well.  Now it feels like Christmas as well.

I pulled the trigger yesterday and booked a cruise for next Fall.  I decided to surprise DW for Christmas with it.  We've never been on a cruise - which is sort of a minor miracle considering that we live in the Cruise capital of the world.  Mediterranean Cruise, 11 days, midsize ship.

This morning I decided it was time to get back to training.  So out for a Wave run.  6 miles total with miles 3 and 5 at tempo pace.  Those came in at 7:43 and 7:30.  Not bad for someone who has done next to nothing the last month!  I have a local 5K in two weeks and have to wake up the legs quickly.  66° and low humidity.

My running partner finished off 2 marathons in 6 days - being the 4:10 pace bunny for the 1st one and the 4:00 pace bunny for the 2nd.  She says she's "freakin' tired" now.  Yeah.  Ya think?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Nice racing Sarge!

A soggy and foggy 5.6 miles to start the day. Ghostly figures seemed to be lurking everywhere.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Tramps, I'm so sorry about Koko. I have an 11ish year old rescue off the streets girl. We found her, or she found us, 6 years ago last month. She is on meds for breathing and fluid in the lungs. Every day with Miss Sam is special. Charlie (in my avi) is a two year old rescue. Some days he just clings to her. I told Sam that she couldn't leave us until she got Charlie raised. One of these days I'm afraid she'll realize that he's all grown up.

Planning on 4 or 5 later. The move to the apartment was changed from next week to this Saturday. Shocked DH told me this...um...yesterday.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yikes, I feel like a slacker this morning! Good for Holly, C-R, Lori, Baboon, Jlynne and Sarge for getting things going early.

Core work is good work, Holly (as you know), so I hope you had a good workout this am.

I'm glad your legs are feeling better, C-R.

Haven't seen a hula hoop in years, BerthaSlayer! Have fun with yours. By the way, racewalkers can't be self-conscious about how we look either - otherwise all those weird looks and comments we get would surely keep us off the roads!

Congrats on the nice 5K PR, Baboon - chopping off a minute in one swell foop is HUGE!

Congrats to Sarge on the AG hardware from Saturday's race - nice running! Too bad all your buddies backed out of the NCCC next Saturday, but you'll do fine.

CNY - I'm impressed with the quality of the field in your 5K on Saturday, how well you did amongst those 3,500+ runners, and with how much money the race raised!

Thanks, Tet. Sometimes my brain goes in one direction, but my fingers are someplace else.

"Thank you so much (real names omitted) and all you other hateful, dirty-clad, eat raw broccoli out of a cardboard box, washcloth off in the back of a van and sleep on an air mattress loser trail runners. So kind of you to support me. I will get even with all of you one day. I never forget!!" It's so nice that Ribs remembers his friends...

We had mild weather here too, Jlynne: 44F, high fog, and a SW breeze, so I was in shorts with a l/s shirt. 6.6 racewalking miles at 4:05. I had a good tempo workout, with each mile the same or a little faster than the previous one.The remnants of the full moon was hanging high in the sky, which was delightful. However the moonlight was filtered by that high fog, so it was like a 25 watt bulb overhead instead of a 60. There were a lot of white winter moths flitting about this morning. I would have thought that the below freezing temps at the end of last week would have killed them off, but I guess they are tougher than I thought. I had to keep my mouth closed so I wouldn't have breakfast on the fly (so to speak...)

Enjoy today!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hi people.

Congrats on the  PR Baboon. Nice time.

Just got back from my 10.25 miles @ 10:00 pace. I felt great this AM. Funny what a little sleep,even just 6 hours can do for me. When I went to bed last night at about 10PM, I had had just 3 hours sleep since I woke up Friday afternoon at 4 PM. Ugh!

Anyway I started my run today in the drizzle and fog and looped back home after less than a mile. I ditched my undershirt,gloves and hat. Felt like it was in the 50's or so. Nice temperature for December in WI.

...pretty impressive work-outs so faf...

=======

FlareUp still in progress

I got Squat

.........somehow

I seem to be Aggravating it with the PT Exercises,

anybody else ever had this happen??

TotalRestDay today

unless you count Work.

which I don't

............................good running guys.............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Thanks for all the kind words this weekend regarding our dog.  Sounds like lots of pet lovers out there. (Nice dogs, stealth.)  I missed my stretching buddy this morning but thinking of her made me smile.  They’re “just” dogs.  Yeah, right.

My last dog story as an example of how smart that damn dog was.  We installed an “invisible fence” on our property.  The dogs wear a collar with a battery and as they get close to the fence line the collar quickly beeps a warning.  If they keep going, they get a shock and learn not to go there. 

After installation, Koko sauntered up, got shocked, and backed off.  We thought that was the end of the story.  Next day, we look out the window and Koko’s wandering around past the fence.  “What the…?”  We investigate and discovery her collar battery is dead.  Must be defective. 

We replace the battery but a couple of days later, same story: Koko’s wandering around, battery’s dead.    Huh?

We try it again.  This time we make it a point to watch every now and then and discover what’s going on.  Koko figured out if she sat close to the fence line and just let her collar beep endlessly, the battery eventually wore down.  When it was silent, she knew she could wander past the line.  That is a scary-smart dog.

Easy 7 for me today, partly on a nearby trail.  55F already at 6:30 am!

Be safe. Be kind.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Good morning everyone!

After 27 on the bike yesterday my legs were a little heavy this a.m.  Did 5 recovery miles, very sloowww.  I was amazed it was 57 degrees this a.m. and very humid.

Having problems with my 305.  It has been shutting itself off in the middle of my runs.  Over the weekend I updated the software and made sure it was fully charged.  Same thing happened this a.m.  Good thing I ordered a 610 for myself for Christmas.

Found out about a race scheduled for this next weekend.  Called Da Deer Run, 8K Euro-Style Crosss Country event, not sure what that means but sounds like fun.

Later.

4 blustery miles this morning...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip