Masters Running

Christmas Eve - 24 December (Read 35 times)

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good morning to one and all on this Christmas Eve day morning.  Its Jay o'clock here in Japan.  Typically I would be out running at this time but today Sue and I are heading to the Nagano area for some snowy Christmas cheer.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Joyful Christmas and Holiday Season.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  Is it Christmas there, yet?  Merry Christmas, just in case it is.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey!  Is it Christmas there, yet?  Merry Christmas, just in case it is.

MikeE - same as your birthday over there, have you missed Christmas again?

Kurisumasu omedetou gozaimasu Mike and Sue-san.
        Nagano’s Shiga Koken gelendes were my stomping grounds for several ski gasshuku every winter. I bet there’s 100 lifts there now to say nothing of a few hot springs.  Enjoy both. I dare you to wear a Santa hat on the slopes though.
        Resort Course Maps Here

Christmas prayers for Denise and Ironman-to-be-and-now Nicholas \

and also for safe flying to see Papa Butterfly and get him well too. .  .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

8 miles for me this morning in 55 degrees.  It would have been a great morning for a LR, but I have lots to do today, cleaning and wrapping and cooking a few things, including the English Toffee that I make every Christmas, and church later.

Marry Christmas Eve to all!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

(((Nancy and Denise)))

Ran with a beautiful red sunrise and rainbow.  Unfortunately reminded of the sailor's saying - red sky in the morning.  we're supposed to get severe weather this afternoon.....

wishing everyone a happy and joyous season,

marj

Slo

No run for me yet...meeting up with a group of locals at 10 for a festive run along the river...Had to dig out a Santa hat.

Tweener weather here. Too warm for running pants, Too cold for just shorts.

Merry Christmas all !

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm so sorry about the news from Deeze and Nancy. I wish a good outcome for Nicholas. Nancy, you are making the right call by flying to be with your dad.

Tet, thanks for all your Seattle suggestions! The conference there will be the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists (many of our customers are pediatric dentists), not the truckers' show (although that could be exciting in it's own right...). We usually arrive late on Wednesday, set up on Thursday, work Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, and then pack up and get out of town Sunday night. However, we have yet to make plans for this specific trip yet.

We made it to Long Island (NY) yesterday, with the usual absurd amount of traffic once we got close enough. So the 2-hour trip took 3+,  but it was worth it to get to a place where we'll stay till Saturday.

9.3 miles in mild (42F), drippy, foggy weather this morning. I know some of the roads here, but I also explored some neighborhoods that I'd never been in before. I've been told there is a lot of rain coming in later today, so I was glad to get out early enough to be ahead of most of it.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Thinking of Deeze and Nancy today.

Here in my town there is a group tradition of an early morning run on Christmas Eve and we were invited to go along.  But 6 a.m. is way too early for me to run, so we told the gang we'd meet them at Sbux after they were done, which we did. So from 7 to 8 we had a coffee with our friends, then went out to the park and ran 6.4 miles at about ten minute miles.

Lots of cooking for  me to do, plus wrapping a couple of presents and buying a few stocking stuffers. A fun day ahead. Spareribs

..Merry Christmas guys.......

==========

41-min poolrun

tried 30-min of scissor kick-move and the traditional running motion for the last 10min

(just couldn't get that

''March of The TinSoldiers'' Song out of my head)

no belt, deep end only

..................good running and safe traveling to ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Greetings of the Season all

Ran 11.6 miles with Iron J in steady drizzle and mild temps. I wore my Santa hat and J had reindeer "ears" on so we did our best to run some merry miles.

Holding Denise and Nancy and their families in my heart. Safe journey Nancy.

C-R

Morning all.

Keeping Deez and Nancy in our prayers.

Got7 1/2 of indoor track work this morning with one of my team mates and Patrick. We chased him the whole time and still didn't catch him.

Well off to bake some cookies.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Deez & Nancy - thoughts and prayers

5 miles to do yet this Christmas Eve afternoon...hoping for temps like Holly's but so far still dragging in the 40's F.  Going to be a cold one running in the rain at those temps.  Did it yesterday for 3.6 miles and it sucked.  {Thread here is I hates winter rain.}

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone!

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

an amazing likeness

Interloper here to post my best hopes, prayers and good vibes for Nicholas.  Of the the new folks I've encountered professionally and personally in recent times, Nick was certainly one the best people I had the pleasure to spend time with. Nice guy, sharp as a tack, witty, personable and a beastly runner.

Deez -- send Nick my best wishes and hopes for quick return to full health and vigor. Hang tough!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks everyone - I will pass on all your good wishes to Nicholas!!  So hard having to wait another week for final path results, but he is a fighter and will get through this!!

Nancy - keeping your dear father and all your family in my prayers as well .....safe travels my friend.

7.2 miles with 3 tough hill repeats in the middle with a group of fabulous women!!  Just what I needed to start the morning!!

Merry Christmas Eve my friends - wishing you all a peaceful evening!!

denise

evanflein

Yeah, not much of a rain runner in general, and cold rain is the worst (and what we usually get, here). But I'd love some 40° temps to run in right about now! It's about -11° now but supposed to warm up to low-to-mid single digits later. I'll run when that happens. Gotta do some shopping first! I'm at work now, but only here part of the day.

{{Deez and Nicholas}} {{Nancy and Papa}} Hugs to you all as you deal with illness, travel and family.

I saw that rasmussenMike started this thread yesterday morning, but wasn't gonna jump in till it was really 12/24 here!

I decorated our tree last night, sort of a minimal job compared to how I used to do it. Keeping everything pretty simple this year since it seems there's just no time to do much more. Nice to have my kid home for the holidays, though.