Masters Running

It's Saturday--where is everyone? 10.03.15 (Read 32 times)

New skirt in town

Holy Cow, I thought SOMEbody would have started the daily by now!  I've been up since 4:30 AM, so it feels like late in the day to me.  I was up and at 'em for a 12-miler (10 at MP), followed by a drive in to Boston with my son to get our haircuts.  Next off, we spent a few hours at a nearby school open house we are considering applying to.  Now at home, lunching, and getting ready to drive him to his next activity!

I need a nap!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

I'm here! Ran a miserable 18.2 miles this morning - nothing felt good!! Did hill repeats Thurs late afternoon, then 6.2 mod effort miles yesterday morning so maybe my legs were a little tired going into my long run, but didn't want to push it off until tomorrow. Plus my chest is still so ridiculously sore from my fall - starting to think I need a follow up appt. It hurts to breathe at times and my walk breaks today actually made the pain higher as I started to run again each time. So annoying!!

Oh well - we r at our campground in Maine trying to enjoy the last couple of weekends here. Having a group turkey dinner with friends around the fire pit later. The air is quite chilly but at least no rain from Joaquin!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!!  Time to relax and enjoy an organic chocolate stout - that will help right? Yes definitely!!

denise

New skirt in town

Denise, we are going to see the Martian this afternoon at Assembly Square this afternoon...so we could definitely head back to our haunt for that yummy porter!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Ran a local 5K this morning - missed Robin and Denise - maybe the Jingle Run in December?

Tetsujin.- what a poignant post yesterday. I have walked 4 days of the AT and really enjoyed the experience. The terrain varied from one location to another. I met some thru-hikers along the way and luckily had packed extra food, 'cause they were hungry!

I like Amy's idea of an RA walking trek!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

New skirt in town

LaT...I'm already registered for the Jingle Bell Run!  Let's dooo it!

--Robin

moebo

Oh Deez, so sorry you are still not recovered from that fall.

I can relate somewhat. Just finished my marathon, and... it wasn't so great! Actually, the first half went extremely well--the weather was beautiful (sunny with temps in the low 50s), I felt rested, my pace was right on target, I was thinking I would be able to reach my most optimistic goal (4:15). Then around mile 14, I started to think I was not feeling quite as great, and my pace began to slow. After a while, I decided that I would just try for my easy-to-reach goal of 4:30. Well, when queasiness set in for good, I decided that my goal would simply be to finish. My BF came looking for me at mile 23, when I was really starting to fade, and I asked him for help. So he and my DD accompanied me in my death march for the last 3 miles or so. That was SUCH a help.

End result: 4:42. Not a PW, but close!

On the upside, I beat the lady sitting next to me at the pasta supper last night (my extra secret goal), so I'm satisfied!

Hope everyone running tomorrow has a great day.

moebo such things happen in marathon running world.  Having your local support crew handy sure does help!

Holly S. congratulations on the job offer!  I hope it works out the way you want.

wildchild fall, bad, bad fall.  No fall!  12 months of summer!!!   I gotta move.    Now mrrun has the right idea with those Florida tickets!

Jlynne so true too cold too fast!

fatozzig heated seats are great even when it is not all that cold out!    For real, hamstrings folks, hamstrings!  Hamstrings like the heat.  Hamstrings!

I went out and ran today!  I made it 5 whole miles!  Slow.  Okay, really, really slow.  Still, that pain in my abdomen was gone.  Now other parts were not so happy.  But that is to be expected after such a long layoff.  I am weak as a kitten. Now if the weather would just recover a bit.  Cold, damp and windy in my area.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Moebo, sorry your marathon was a struggle at the end! Congrats on running in with your BF and DD, though!

I ran my last 20 miler before my 50 mile race in two weeks.  Very steep technical trails, and my legs are pooped!  It was cool and foggy out, and a nice day for a run.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

fatozzig, congrats on the new car.  tet, that's an amazing long walk/  Holly, neat about the job offer.  It's got to be an ego boost to get it.  Whatever you decide, I hope it works out well.  LaT, nice 5K.  moebo, way to tough out a marathon that got rough at the end.  Holly, I'm anxious to hear about the golf outing with your dad.

Nice long runs for DrRobin, deez, and wild.

This morning, I did a 5K in Frankenmuth.  For those of you not from Michigan, Frankenmuth has a strong German history.  They've capitalized on it to make Frankenmuth a German themed tourist destination.  Included are two big restaurants that specialize in Chicken Dinners and a monstrous Christmas store.  A number of years back, they built a covered, wooden, bridge across the river that runs through town.  The race included a half marathon and the 5K.  The name of the race is the Bruckelaufe which is German for bridge race.  The 5K crossed the wooden bridge twice and another bridge once.  I understand the half contained 13 bridge crossings.

The temperature was in the mid 40s and it was windy.  I saw a lot of my running friends which is always fun.  My GPS gave me a time of 32:36, distance of 3.14 miles, and a pace of 10:22.  That's similar to my 5K a week ago.  I was 2/4 in my AG (70-74).  Results haven't been posted on line yet so I don't know  my overall placement.  I know I wasn't first or last.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Nice 5Ks LaT and Tom!  Tom, that course sounded nice.

And long runs too for deez and Wild and Robin

moebo, congrats on toughing it out.  That did not sound fun.

Twocat, weak as a kitten? well, your name is Twocat after all.  Glad to hear no ab pain.

resting up for my 5K tomorrow - ha.  I've been on my feet all day, mega laundry as I wash everything the de-flea'd dog touches, got groceries and I have 3 pumpkin pies in the oven right now!  Woot!  Blue Eyes is coming over tonight for pie and to watch me race tomorrow.  Not sure I like the idea of having someone hovering around in the morning watching me get nervous!  But it will be extra inspiration to run hard.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya all!

O Moebo, you finished.  That's an accomplishment (and besting the pasta lady

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

fatozzig heated seats are great even when it is not all that cold out!    For real, hamstrings folks, hamstrings!  Hamstrings like the heat.  Hamstrings!

I'll have to turn them on when I drive to church tonight, 'cause my left hamstring just is not happy.  And something's pulling on my left hip flexor.  I'll get it figured out.

Oh my goodness.  12 miles today in the Community Forest.  My longest run in over 3 months, and I decide to run where it's nothing but climbing and descending.  My legs are D-O-N-E, done.

Okay - Gotta be short.  Later ~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Quick Question:  Freedom's Run Marathon starts in Harpers Ferry, WV, and ends in Shepherdstown, WV, but I think the rest of the race is run on the Maryland side of the Potomac - does that mean I get credit for WV or for MD?

7 miles for me today in a light drizzle and 47 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Maebo, congrats in finishing your marathon and how nice that your BF and DD were there to run you to the finish line. Now it is time to celebrate.

Robin, you are looking so strong for NYC marathon.

Denise, 18.2 wow...wow, wow.

hurrahhh....Twocat is back to running.

Enkie, enjoy your weekend.

The Easy Pacer and I did run 6 miles this afternoon. We decided to drive up to one of our favorite lakes to run, very sad, the area did burned up...

Dreaming for a longish run tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Quick Question:  Freedom's Run Marathon starts in Harpers Ferry, WV, and ends in Shepherdstown, WV, but I think the rest of the race is run on the Maryland side of the Potomac - does that mean I get credit for WV or for MD?

Yes!  .  . . I have no idea, but I'm going with yes.

Moebo - Congrats on finishing.  How great of your BF and DD to go out and help you finish.

Tom - Your consistency is inspiring.  Sounds like a fun race, too.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance