Masters Running

Is this where Everyone is? Monday 12/24 (Read 829 times)

Good morning all!
    Just another easy 5 miles at an 8:24 pace or there abouts...
    I had an easy 5 mile run, too, though my pace was 3+ minutes slower than yours Surprised But it was sunny and refreshing. Smile And I love recording that little 5 in my notebook. Debbie - hi! Sounds like you're keeping in shape. Have a wonderful Christmas! Liz, I read your post about walking in the fog yesterday - my family and I were in DC yesterday morning, and as we drove over the Potomac we could see nothing, the fog was so dense. Glad to hear your foot is improving. Holly, falling can be scary. Glad you're okay. I'm still not ready for tomorrow. Must hit the store one more time. I'm hoping for a short run tomorrow. Merry Christmas to everyone! Jem ps to "Stubby" - You've got to explain that new name to us!
    Tramps

Yeah, HokieRoseVita! Big grin Nice and easy now. I thought everyone who ran was sick in the head? Oh, wait, "sick above the neck"; I guess that's different.

Be safe. Be kind.

Can I play here too... Looks like a better site..definetely more boomers!!! 8K with my lady friend before we head off with our families. Beautiful sunny day, cold but nice. Picking up my lovely girls at 12:00 Yeah!!! Happy Christmas Boomers Sorry to lose many of our crew but things change and we have to make the best of it. Best Wishes to all of you. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Can I play here too... Looks like a better site..definetely more boomers!!!
          YAY, Tall is here! Smile Oh wait, that means I am going to get my @$$ kicked. Tall, I greatly admire your resilience after all life has thrown at you recently. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          Tramps

Tall! For the RA natives who don't know Tallrunner. He was a CR regular. You quickly get a sense of the difference between Tall and me by looking at our avatars. That about sums it up. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Yeah, HokieRoseVita! Big grin Nice and easy now. I thought everyone who ran was sick in the head? Oh, wait, "sick above the neck"; I guess that's different.
              Thanks Tramps. (At one point, I thought I would never run again... today dispelled that fear.) Oh, I guess you could call me "Sybil"....
              LaVita
              Tramps

Oh, I guess you could call me "Sybil"....
                LOL! Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

You quickly get a sense of the difference between Tall and me by looking at our avatars. That about sums it up. Wink
                  Tall isn't that tough. I could take him. I don't know how, but I would figure out something. Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    Tall isn't that tough. I could take him. I don't know how, but I would figure out something. Dark Horse
                    Hmmmm? Perhaps a battle of wits is in order.... go ahead Tall... start it off and see if he chooses the right chalice...
                    LaVita
                    Dave59

With the day off I was able to take my time at gym and not rush through everything because I am worried about being late for work. At the end, I did a 30 minute interval workout on the ET. I'm looking forward to a run on Christmas morning. Usually there are a bunch of other people out running in Santa hats.

Dark Horse is right he could take me. I am a lover not a fighter...I am a convert to the softer arts that my lady friend has thought me. and DH is a trained military machine, my days as a lumberjack are way behind me. DH also does 100's of push up's and sit up's every day..he is a monster robot, I on the other hand have gotten soft and slow, so DH wins. Happy Christmas DH

Recent Best times: None recently

Just in from my first-ever 7-mile run. Of course, now I feel like a train wreck, but I'm still pretty proud of myself. I think I'm going to make 440 miles for the year - not even near 1,000, but coming from 0 in 2005, I'm OK with that. High 30s, wild and windy. Lots of neighbors out walking their dogs, fixing Christmas stuff that has blown over and setting up luminaires for this evening. I hope the wind settles down so that they can light them. Going to stretch some more, shower, and then finally start wrapping gifts. Give me a deadline and I'll push it! When I was a church musician, I'd get home at around 1:00 a.m. after Christmas Eve services and be so wound up that I left the gifts to wrap then. Now I think I'm just disorganized, or would rather run first, wrap later! Smile Good Yule, all. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

morning everyone! (I keep wanting to say a nickname like "boomers" but we don't have one, do we? ... ) I'm meeting pal Laura in an hour or so for a run into Discovery Park. I see some sunshine outside. Woo hoo! I remember that stuff! Holly, thanks. And you are in good company. I trip and fall while running at least a few times a year. I'm so happy Dark Horse is getting back into good forum form. Big grin Great to see more former boomers here. Just read some more intros. I'm going to like it here.

King of PhotoShop

Oh man! We got Hopeful, one of my favorites, and Liz my DC sweetie, and Rose is running again. And we have Tallrunner, my idol. This party just gets better and better. 3 miles on the elliptical followed by light stretching, no core work. An interesting phenomenon I have figured out just today: Since I have been on the DL with this PF, I am working out just about every day at the Y and there are jillions of women there. Lately it seems at least 2 or 3 of them will smile at me as I am walking about, and I don't know any of them. I have puzzled over this and at first thought it was because they are now seeing me there more frequently. But today I concluded that women just naturally like to smile at good looking men. I wish they knew that I am a runner who is on the DL and that's why I'm there, rather than just some piece of meat for them to gawk at. Oh well, I don't imagine they can help themselves. Off to just buy a couple of stocking stuffers,and groceries for tonight's and tomorrow's fancy dinners. Have a wonderful holiday everyone. Spareribs
                              Mariposai

Soundie... you can call us boomers. Once a boomer, always a boomer, right? Cool. And good luck on your 8 miler today. Please give Laura a hug from me so being such a good friend to you. I am so glad to see that Tall and DH are in good terms today. Yes Three miles in the mill this morning before heading out to the grocery store. All was quiet when I got there, but the place was like a zoo when I left. I am having a hard time concentrating a work today. I keep thinking about the fun meal I have to cook for tonight's meal. I keep looking outside and wondering how my DH and sons are enjoying the slopes. I keep thinking that I much rather be dancing than trying to stay focus and translate the large document at hand. Dead Ok, now to my running. Three miles in the mill this morning before heading out to the grocery store. All was quiet when I got there, but the place was like a zoo when I left. Feliz Navidad to all!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard