Masters Running

Is this where Everyone is? Monday 12/24 (Read 829 times)

Question: How do I get the phrase "Masters Group" to actually be a link to the front page of this forum? In other words, the local equivalent of what at CR was: [URL=xxx]Masters Group[/url]
    Tramps, I think Masters Group should do it. To see my code, quote my message, and it should become visible to you. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    Tramps

Tramps, I think Masters Group should do it. Dark Horse
      Ah! "href" is what I needed. Thank you kindly. ETA: Poking around a bit, the Virtual Racers group looks like it could be fun. I've never used an on-line log, but I may start here Jan 1st (but still keep my Excel sheet). Also looks like the Masters group is already one of the two or three largest groups on the site. When we invade, we invade.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tall and BAP are here - yay! Eliz – congratulations on your first-ever 7-mile-run! Dg3 – I notice that you have changed from Dg9 to Dg3. Does that mean you’ve been losing weight? Smile PJ – nice picture – running strong for the last 100 yds of a marathon, very nice! I went to Starbucks to buy some whole-bean coffee (a splurge from my usual Maxwell House). I really wanted to get some Ethiopian Yrgacheffe, but they have that at Boston Stoker, not Starbucks, and I didn’t want to drive to the other side of town. The young man at the counter recommended something he thought might be similar, ground it up for me, handed it to me and said, “I’ll take care of this.” I stood there dumbfounded for a minute, holding out a $20 bill, but he repeated himself and waved me away. A free pound of coffee! I still have no idea why, but what a happy surprise! (no he was NOT flirting, he was quite young…) Christmas spirit, maybe? I'll have to set my alarm for 2am tonight, so I can outwit DD and get up to bring out the hidden Santa presents and stocking stuffers. My devious little DD can stay awake for a lonnnnggg time. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5.68 miles run on a beautiful winter afternoon. Just to encourage you all, remember that the days are now starting to get LONGER again. Did you see the moon last night? It was simply beautiful. Ummmm....Holly.....just because the boy was young does not mean that he was not flirting, although that would certainly be an innocent type of flirt for sure. Enjoy the coffee. He also maybe smart and know that a free pound now gives them a customer later. Whatever the reason, it is a nice story for sure. It is great to see Tall and BAP here. I was afraid we were not going to hear the latest scoop on this new lady in Tall's life. "Enquriing minds want to know......" dg3.....I am actually east of Roanoke, but in that general area. Holly, I have a story from when my kids were young and Santa fell asleep, slept through the night and barely got the presents under the tree before the kids were waking up. Whew, the jig was almost up that year.
          Vista
            Also looks like the Masters group is already one of the two or three largest groups on the site.
            Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't we put "Masters Running" on the main page of the site? That way, our prominence would be commensurate with the size of our group, and new people could find us! Dark Horse, waiting for the rest of you to get a clue
            Dave59

We had "Christmas" a couple days ago when my in-laws were here. Instead of saving any gifts for tomorrow, everyone went nuts and we opened everything. So, digging back into my past when I was nice, fun-loving guy, I snuck out for a couple hours today and picked up a couple gifts each for my wife and daughters to open tomorrow morning. Nothing that will make anyone go "wow', but the surprise of new gifts under the tree should be pretty cool. I used to do neat things before life beat me down. Now as I get closer to 50, I feel a revival coming on. Big grin

Tall and BAP are here - yay! Eliz – congratulations on your first-ever 7-mile-run! I'll have to set my alarm for 2am tonight, so I can outwit DD and get up to bring out the hidden Santa presents and stocking stuffers. My devious little DD can stay awake for a lonnnnggg time. Smile
                Thanks! I'm still hurting a little, and really tired, but it hasn't been that long since I felt this bad after 2 miles. I used to blame the fact that I could never get to sleep on Christmas Eve on the candle that my mom insisted on putting in my bedroom window. OK, that, and the fact that my brothers, 12 & 14 years older than me, spent the whole evening telling me that Santa was getting near Philly because they heard it on the radio and encouraging me to look out the window for him. Closest brother is getting paybacks now - his grandchildren, ages almost-6 and almost-4 live with him and SIL and kept them up almost the whole night last year! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I used to do neat things before life beat me down. Now as I get closer to 50, I feel a revival coming on. Big grin
                  Aw, Dave. I know that beaten-down feeling. Hey, as part of your revival, why don't you change your screen name? I mean, "GrayDave" sounds depressing, dude. It makes me feel like going outside in bad weather and lying down in the mud till the rain washes me away. How about something more vibrant? The best name, "Dark Horse," is already taken, but there is plenty of linguistic acreage yet to be homesteaded. How about "Davechief"? No, that sounds too much like one of the other guys here. How about "DaveRunner," kind of playing on "Bladerunner"? Or if you are feeling grandiose--I know I often am, in between bouts of depression--"The David"? With an avatar of Michelangelo's statue? Well, these are just ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Maybe we should have a contest to pick a new screen name for you! You would have to buy in to the plan, of course. Dark Horse
                  evanflein

No run to report... yet... thinking of switching this usual rest or XT day with tomorrow's run, since I doubt that will happen! But I guess I'd better decide what to do soon... the day is slippin' away and I still need to grab a couple little things at the store... DH found a treadmill he wants to get me, which would be so very cool... but even on sale it's more than we should be spending. He says he doesn't care... hmmmm. Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day this Christmas Eve. And yes the full moon was amazing last night...

Marathon Maniac #957

We had "Christmas" a couple days ago when my in-laws were here. Instead of saving any gifts for tomorrow, everyone went nuts and we opened everything. So, digging back into my past when I was nice, fun-loving guy, I snuck out for a couple hours today and picked up a couple gifts each for my wife and daughters to open tomorrow morning. Nothing that will make anyone go "wow', but the surprise of new gifts under the tree should be pretty cool. I used to do neat things before life beat me down. Now as I get closer to 50, I feel a revival coming on. Big grin
                      That is incredibly thoughtful! Here's to your revival, Dave. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Tall and BAP are here - yay! I went to Starbucks to buy some whole-bean coffee (a splurge from my usual Maxwell House). I really wanted to get some Ethiopian Yrgacheffe, but they have that at Boston Stoker, not Starbucks, and I didn’t want to drive to the other side of town. The young man at the counter recommended something he thought might be similar, ground it up for me, handed it to me and said, “I’ll take care of this.” I stood there dumbfounded for a minute, holding out a $20 bill, but he repeated himself and waved me away. A free pound of coffee! I still have no idea why, but what a happy surprise! (no he was NOT flirting, he was quite young…) Christmas spirit, maybe? . Smile
                        We see your photo and know why.

SteveP

Manchild

Let me get this straight, Holly is gettin the Horse kissin' her better? And by the way, Ilene has got to change that avatar or I'm gonna have the big one as Mr. Sanford would say!! Just 4 and change for me today with my running bud in 35 and change. A slow rise to the top of Indian Hill Road and back. Picked up a whole heap of firewood thanks to the NStar crew working to keep the electrical lines clear of branches. Nice to have Tall, Ribs,PDR, Holly,Tramps, TDubs, Sounder,The lene lady, DH, Vista, GrayDave, Evanflein and all the rest back in the game!!!
                            So much mirth on the forum today, a pleasant read. I almost thought Spareribs had morphed into Dark Horse with his comments about the women at the gym checking him out. Dark Horse is in fine form today too. Soundrunner! The sun, the sun THE SUN! It is there in the sky today!! I had forgotten it existed. I did a glorious 6 mile run, and many times found myself tilting my face joyously towards the sun, to maximize the splendor. We are all looking like pale-faced ghouls at our house. We are having a quiet Christmas here this year. We sometimes travel back to Toronto too see our extended families but winter is my least favourite time to visit, now that I've become a cold-weather wimp.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Ah! "href" is what I needed. Thank you kindly. ETA: Poking around a bit, the Virtual Racers group looks like it could be fun. I've never used an on-line log, but I may start here Jan 1st (but still keep my Excel sheet). Also looks like the Masters group is already one of the two or three largest groups on the site. When we invade, we invade.
                              I never used an onlline log either, but decided to bite the bullet and dump my whole running log from excel into the RA log. Now I'll be keeping hte log in both places, but I like the idea of sharing my runs this way.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tall isn't that tough. I could take him. I don't know how, but I would figure out something.
                                Wait, you don't still have an M16, do you?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com