Masters Running

And it's Saturday Again.......... (Read 31 times)

hope steveP sees his B'Day Present on the friday daily...hint hint

erika made a good point,

I am skipping the Recovery Days, and plan to add one or two each week

STARTING NEXT WEEK

=========

couldn't help it,

did a level 40-min 2-lb HeavyHands walk with cane

I'm Dreaming of course,

but it felt like a TrailRun used to feel.....68-foot strikes per minute, slight rolling hills, and Pleasantly Tired at the finish

also

I ran with HeavyHands for 22-years so I KNEW I'd like it

bumping up to 3-lb Hand Weights tomorrow

...................good running guys............Train Wisely, if not, Enjoy the Hell Out of It..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

So wonderful to follow your progress, tw!  Keep it going!

Happy birthday Steve!

DH is tapping his foot as it's chore time.

Got in 22 miles w/ a fun run 5K at miles 10-13 to benefit our local Healthy Harvest program.

off to market, etc!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Really slow day here on the daily!  I returned this morning from Quebec.  It was 39° when I left!  Brrrr.  Glad I live south of there!  If you want to wait on a really long slow moving passport line I highly recommend a trip to Canada.    It took me over an hour.  Then I got held up when I told the agent I did not know what hotel I was staying at.  That was the truth!  My hosts had arranged the hotel and transportation but never told me what hotel.  I did not inquire since I figured whoever was picking me up would know.  A few texts later to find out where I was heading and the agent finally let me through.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

moebo

Glad to see you're having so much fun, tomwhite. That birthday present you left for steveP was pretty, um...festive. Hope he gets it!

Nice curbside find, Jay! Have fun with that teenage houseguest. I think 18 is actually a very nice age--old enough to be able to reason with, but young enough to not be jaded (most of the time...).

Deez, hope that run goes well today.

Holly, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ribs, glad you are running well. What is the Saint's injury?

Aamos, hello!  I think the idea of leaving spots for slower runs is really generous. I wonder how many people like you would have to give up their spots for it to make a big difference, though.

Bonjour, twocat!

8.4 miles for me today. Beautiful weather--started out in the 40s, ended in the upper 50s.

Have a great day!

King of PhotoShop

Moebo, who knows what the injury is, because she won't listen to me and go to a sports medicine dr.  But let's say sciatica, hamstring/glute tightness and pain as the symptoms and after that it could be myriad causes. Thanks for asking.

TW continues to plug along and inspire us.  Well done.

5 mile race this morning.  9:15 pace, not very fast but I haven't raced well in several months, so I was happy with continuous negative splits, starting at 9:45 and ending with an 8:45. Felt very comfortable the whole way, which is obviously not how one should race, but still I'm happy to finally see some change.

Gorgeous morning here in the DFW metroplex, 70's.  And best of all, the Texas Rangers' magic number is 5. Who would have thought?  Spareribs

Hi Friends - Happy Saturday!!

15.4 miles in beautiful fall weather. Felt pretty good - sternum was sore, but waited until I ate after my run before taking any Ibuprofen.

TwoCat - glad you were able to cross the border - both ways!!

TW - you are doing amazing!!

Aamos - you are pretty awesome!!

Ribs - nice race and I hope the Saint figures out her injury and heals quickly

Moebo - did you run in CT or NH this morning? It was really crisp at the start of the day but then warmed up nicely!

Cherish the gift my friends!!

denise

evanflein

Well, after Mike said he watched that whole video, with a drink, after an al-Anon meeting... I just had to go watch the damn thing, too. Although I'm still drinking coffee. Mass quantities of vodka would probably be better.

{{Leslie}} glad it was a good event. It's nice to know he was well loved and respected.

Nice racing, Ribs. Not a bad thing to feel comfortable throughout. You finished and you had a good time, what's not to like? Hope the Saint gets better soon.

Hey Moebo, I remember you but can't remember many details. Are you on the east coast?

22 miles with a 5k thrown in there in the middle. That's our Aamos. You probably won your AG, too.

We had record breaking snow yesterday. Some places got up to 9", most got about 6". Here at the house we easily got more than 6" but it's settled down a bit since it's so wet. Lots of snowmen all over town! We were out at a university alumni event and came home around 8:30 to find some bad icy spots on the road. Yikes, lots of "ditch events" and fender benders. Today it's going to be warmer and a lot of this will melt today and tomorrow. We could get up to 50° on Monday so this was just a brief introduction to what's to come later!

After almost 18 years with the big ol' black cat, it's time to say goodbye to our dear old Midnight. We'll be taking him to the vet later today, and will lay him to rest with his dear friend Cheyenne. It makes me feel better to think they'll be together again.

Well I posted here on Wednesday, ran on Thursday and Saturday, but didn't post - so go figure.

Hello Econo! I could and often do run my work commute - in fact I just got back from doing so today, but mine is only 2.25 miles each way. I can always add on some more miles and that can take me along the Charles River, our Minuteman Bikepath, or Freshpond Reservoir - all nice.

Happy Birthday SteveP

Healing vibes to The Saint and to Denise's nose

Look at that sweet photo of Cheyenne and Midnight

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

moebo

Kirsten, glad you have been able to run so much this week!

Ribs,

I can understand how the Saint feels.  I think the only time I've ever seen a doctor for an injury is when I suspect it's something pretty serious. More often than not, waiting works just as well as any treatment the doctor prescribes. That said, I seem to remember that she had a stress reaction in her hip a few years back, so I was thinking it might be a good idea to make sure it isn't something similar this time.

Erika, I am so sorry to hear that you will have to say good bye to Midnight. today.

To answer your question,  I do live on the east coast--in Connecticut most of the time. After my kids finished college a couple of years ago, I bought a small house on a lake in New Hampshire, so I spend a lot of time there, too.

Deez, I am in NH this weekend, so I ran part of my marathon course this morning. You're right--it was crisp at first, but such a lovely morning! There was a triathlon going on (the Lakes Region Triathlon) and I had fun cheering the cyclists as they passed me. Next year maybe I'll try to join them! I'll need to train a lot for the swim, though...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tough, but necesary decision, Erika.  never fun.

After a weekend of very early starts, and no runs, I made it out for a nice hilly Maine run this morning.  High 40s and sunny--IRC if I've ever seen it.  Apparently I didn't charge my Garmin well after the last time I used it, so it shut down about half way through the run.  My guesstimate was not too bad, based on the what i got as data.

Denise, maybe Jay could give you lessons?   Good sense of humor helps.

Great to see continuing progress, TW.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mari, if you're home, welcome back.  If you're not, safe travels.  When we babysit our grandson, we like to take him out to breakfast at a nearby restaurant.  We've gotten to know several of the waitresses pretty well and they make a big fuss over our grandson.( I should say older grandson, the second one will get in on the action soon).  One of them has a slight accent and I never thought much of it.  A little over a month ago, she said she was going to be gone for a month to visit her family in Montenegro.  I immediately thought of your son, mari, and your planned visit with him.  Your visit overlapped our waitress friend's.  She said that while she was there, it was unusually hot and dry and there were some fires in the mountains.  One offshoot of the weather was an abundance of scorpions where she was, including one that stung her.  Did you have hot, dry, weather and scorpions?

Holly, I hope your step mom's funeral went well and you got some good family visiting.  steve, happy birthday.  Aamos, nice 5K.  ribs, good job in your 5 mile race.  Also, healing vibes going out to The Saint.  fatozzig, it's nice your dad's memorial was meaningful.  evan, sorry about your cat.

Nice long runs for Aamos (including afore mentioned race) and deez.

This morning, I did a 5K race that I've done a number of times in the past.  My GPS gave me a time of 32:18, distance of 3.07 miles, and pace of 10:32.  I was 82/143 OA and 5/5 in my AG.  The other 4 in my AG (70-74) were all under a 9 min. pace.  A mile before the race and 1.93 miles after gave me 6 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I sure hope I'm sill racing when I'm your age, Tom.  You are a true inspiration.

Speaking of inspirations...tomwhite--you are amazing.  Keep working at it.

Erika--I'm very sorry about your cat.

I hope The Saint get's better soon.  She was doing so well.  I hate injuries!

Nice run, today, Amy.  Hey--do you have all your plans made for MCM?

I went and watched a college cross country meet that a couple of kids from our local high school were running in.  One did pretty well...the other not so well.  This kid (the one that did not do so well) really loves the sport.  He can tell you about every top runner in the world from the last 10 years or more.  This is his senior year and he has such high hopes...he was really down after the race.  He's one of those kids who is a good runner because he has worked his butt off.  I hope he can pull it all together before the end of the season.

I did 10 miles in 1:15:34.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Thanks, guys. He was such a good kitty, we'll miss him terribly.

Somehow, I just didn't have any motivation to run today. I did make some progress in cleaning and organizing the garage though. Was going to run on the TM for a bit but just kept finding more things to clean, stash or toss. I'm hoping the snow keeps melting and tomorrow will be better. Right now, everything is pretty icy out there.