Masters Running

Tuesday 2/24 activities (Read 37 times)

mrrun

I'm starting and not running.  spending the day with DD and 2 GC at Great Wolf Lodge, a water slide park.  It's DD bday, so I brought 4 cupcakes as a surprise.

Have wonderful activities today (runs, walks, fun times with friends and family)

((to those who need hugs))

marj

Dave59

The talk on Facebook last night was that there would be a "hill run" downtown if it was +1° or warmer.  When I woke up it was 8° so I decided to go run hills with the gang.  But, no one showed up and I ran alone.  Just as well since I didn't have to worry about keeping up.  Perhaps it as the gusty winds and -10° windchill that kept the others away.  I don't see anything on Facebook calling it off.

It was a nice workout though.  No apparent frostbite damage to the skin.  So I guess it was a success.

5.29 miles total.

Good morning Marj, Dave and all to follow. Have fun at the water park with DD and grandkids Marj. Dave, you are very brave.

Ran 5 on the track at the Y yesterday as it was only 4° with a well below zero wind chill. Late yesterday afternoon, I started feeling a little "funky".  Sure enough, down again with round 2 of coughing, sore throat and stomach crud. Oh, and I have a house to finish packing and cleaning. Because we're moving Friday. And no one wants to come over to help because they don't want to get sick. Even DH is keeping his distance

Oh well, the Big Guy doesn't give you more than you can handle, right? Have a great Tuesday everyone. Hope it's warmer for everyone today.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning,

Feels as if there's a large cloud here.....should we plan a virtual party?  Have a group "name your top 5 gripes and let's put the voodoo on them" at the end of the thread?  Pick a time and everyone scream real loud?

Or maybe it's just me.......

I may take a break, not to worry.  I'll be back.

Again, warm wishes to all who need them and snow to where it is wanted, only, please.

A.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - you are tougher than I am....

(((Jlynne))) - if I lived closer, I would come and help you move.  

Last week they cancelled school twice because it was -4 in the morning, even though the roads were clear.  Today, when it was -7, school was open.  As soon as we run out of snow days and they begin looking at adding days into the summer, the message changes from "can't have the poor kids freeze at the bus stop" to "bundle them up warmer today."  

From the top of the hill where we live, you can see the river valley 2 miles away, and today we could see the fog there as we (DD, the neighbor boy, and I, in the warm car) waited at the bus stop.  When I later drove across the river on my way to work, I could see that all the trees along the river had been completely coated with frost and the branches were entirely white.  In the bright early-morning sunshine, it was beautiful.  I should have stopped to take a picture, but there is no place to stop on the bridge.

5 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Well, time to walk down the street and cast my vote for higher property taxes to pay for improvement at the schools.  Even if I was staying here I would vote for it, but someone asked me about this proposal and a statewide proposal to raise taxes for road improvements (coming later) and I said that since I was leaving I would vote for higher taxes for everyone I leave behind as often as I possibly can.  For some reason, he wasn't pleased with the flippant way I answered.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The general tone in our town for school improvements seems to be "Screw them, I don't have any kids in the system anymore".  We don't either, but DW and I make sure that we show up to vote in favor.

-2F when I got up this morning.  did not make it out to run or to the gym, as I got back late from a day trip to NJ.  10 hours of travel for 4 hours of site visit.  Sounds a little ridiculous, and maybe the project manager might not appreciate the cost, but it was actually useful and will make the next bit of work a lot more efficient.

Amy--one of my FB friends that I met at my marathon in Lubec (she did the 10K) ran her first half at Gasparilla with her DH and kids.  Looked like fun.

Jlynne--didn't think there was any way that moving could be MORE fun, but you seem to have found it.   My condolences.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Aamos - I meant to tell you how amazing you are for running FOUR RACES in one weekend!  I don't know how you do it, but that is awesome.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Made it to the airport with no drama -- always good at this time of year. Taking off in about an hour. Goodbye frigid temperatures, at least for a few days!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

If anyone wants to hold a complaining out loud session I want in!  I woke to -5°.  Which I suppose was just fine as my running, elliptical hours and all else has been derailed by some abdominal something or other.  After I woke up feeling as bad as I did yesterday (which was better than Sunday) I decided it was time to see the doctor.  I am not sure that did much good.  In the end he basically said he has no idea what is wrong with me.  Gave me some stomach acid block and told me to see him again on Friday.  I will be very surprised if it turns out to be due to a stomach acid problem of some type.  I have never had any such issues and there is no history of it that I know of in my immediate family; which admittedly is not that much data to go on.  Update on Friday then.  Everyone can now go back to their cold weather complaining.  Do you know how cold it is here in CT!!! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Henrun

(((Twocat)))- almost as cold here but the sun is out and the wind died down. I waited until 1pm and the temp hit the high teens and I ran a one-way 5.

Jlynne-hope you feel better and the move goes well.

Roch- enjoy the warmth

King of PhotoShop

Day two of no school and for no reason I can think of. Roads are clear and temps were about 30 this morning.  It's supposed to snow beginning tonight.  Otherwise all is well here.

The Saint and I drove over to the Park this morning and got in an easy 4 miles, although slow, as we had to tiptoe through some icy patches.

After Hudson's last piano recital at Christmas time, his teacher asked him what he wanted to practice next.  He said, "Rhapsody in Blue."  Now isn't that just too bad!  Every day he practices it and it just lights up the house.  We love listening to it.

I am home, and no travel until mid-March!  Pitchers and catchers are at spring training and all position players will be in this week.  I don't know what could be better.   Spareribs

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Huddled on the treadmill, 5k, half an hour.

That is all.

It was a nice workout though.  No apparent frostbite damage to the skin.  So I guess it was a success.

...there are some days I worry about dave.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

I knew this interval workout would be a tough one for me. and it was, but still pleased with my paces.

2x1200m = 6:00, 5:57  (target was 6:00)

2x800m = 3:59, 3:57 (target was 4:00)

4x400m = 1:53, 1:55, 1:55, 1:50

and with my 1/2 mi w/u & c/d too . . .  guess I gotta do some math to figure out how many miles to put in my log. .

Tammy