Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily - 7.17.13 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Nice 'swim' yesterday, Tramps.

I hope the gear worked, Stumpy.

100% humidity in the pool, TomW? That's just like outside...

Glad you survived the ups and downs yesterday, Mike.

Yep, Holly, getting up early these days helps a lot! Nice of you to help out with SD's family yesterday.

Nice run, Tselbes.

Sorry about the PMBs, Mariposai, but they'll pass. Meanwhile, enjoy the cherries, hummingbirds, and the view.

6.5 racewalking miles at 4:00 this morning. Temp was 70, dew point was 68 - not so nice, but it'll be worse later. I started easy, and picked up (and generated) steam as I went along, and was moving at a decent rate by the time I completed my loop. I passed a fawn that was no more than 15 ft. off the road that just stood and stared as I went by. How could it have no fear of a racewalker??

I read that 40+ states had temps in the 90s yesterday. So stay cool and hydrated, and have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I ran swam over to the gym, worked out and ran swam back.  2.35 miles total.

Through the wonders of the internet, I came across this funny documentary by a 4th grader called "Yuck".  It's about the lunches in his NYC school.  You can see it or a trailer here: http://www.yuckmovie.com/

And here is a funny clip about the special salads concocted by celebrity chefs Rachael Ray and Ellie Krieger:

http://kottke.org/13/07/yuck-an-expose-about-nycs-public-school-lunches

Brings back some painful memories.  Luckily I packed my lunch 95% of the time.

Now to pretend like I am working. Roll eyes  Pretty easy to do since I am alone and 500 miles from the office, but when I have to post time to projects it gets a little dicey.  Wink

Dave59

mrrun

I swam 9 in a time that should have been 10.  I wanted to get up at Jay's time but slept in until 5:30.

Dave - that camel bears a strong resemblance to the one we rode in Israel

hump day - what's that again????  today includes a movie, a dentist appt, and outdoor concert tonight if it's bearable.

as jay said - stay hydrated and cool,

marj

King of PhotoShop

Morning all.  Didn't go back over yesterday's posts but hope I didn't miss anything big.

Flying into DFW from the east is problematic during the summer months because of the many evening storms, and last night was no exception. I had a great day of work, got a first class ticket so I could eat dinner and thought my 6 pm flight landing at 7:30 pm would be perfect. But the weather had other ideas and we stopped for a while in Little Rock and sat in the plane til the storms in Dallas passed.  Home late.

2.5 easy paced miles this morning on still tired legs from Sunday's race. All should be fine by tomorrow.  Lunch today with a prospective Dallas client.  Wish I could get more of those!  Spareribs

Mariposai

The fawn was admiring your steam, Jay Big grin.

Dave59, keep pretending that you are working and keep sending links our way.

Well, tradition dictates that I go out for a short run 3 days post race to test the damage on the legs. By the time I got up the hill behind my house I knew that legs are still in no shape for a run. I shuffled for two miles and was chased by  lightening a hail storm towards the end of my run (that made me run faster Black eye, ouch). Lead legs means that I raced as fast as I am able, and that makes me happy. Time to be patient with the recovery.

BTW, congrats to Cecil and Mike for their First AG win!!!!!!!! at the Tunnel marathon!

I posted this picture on facebook today. I took this during my run, before the lightening and the hail storm chased me!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

beautiful photo Nancy!!

I am anxious to read news of the Tunnel marathon although I do see that Mike made it out alive. congrats!!

had a couple days off work as we went camping, so will come back later to catch up on news after I get some work done this morning first.

it was a very hot couple days and we spent the majority of the afternoon at the river:

bella in action jumping into the water:

Tammy

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Jay, your fawn was smarter than ours.

We were flying down the waterfront yesterday when a fawn bounced into the path of the lead rider in our paceline.  The little guy got all entangled in her bike before bouncing into the next guy, who went down hard, head-first.  Then the little @#!$ bounced away, its mother in hot pursuit.  I cannot think it will survive.  We are very fortunate that he-who-took-the-header will survive.  He hit hard and badly.  Before it was over, we had two ambulances, a police car, and an uncanny number of passing physician-runners on the scene.

Will ride this afternoon, as I pummelled the 0515 alarm into submission and missed my morning ride.  Instead, I got up two hours later, put on cycling gear, and rode to the coffee shop that's running Tour de France video live, met everyone who'd actually *ridden hard* to get there, sat around, drank coffee, and ate brioche.  Très bien.

..great pics tammy/////////

========

bumpin' 100 today............JustTheWayWeLikeIt...

(.'cept I don't get to do it as much)

120min hike..........ohboyohboy

30min poolrun.....no floatation belt......

.....or

as I prefer to call it ''The TrailRun of PoolRunning''...........

........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Poor night of sleep despite AC, so I slept in and got out for a run 30 mins after Marj did. Got in 5 hot and slow miles- longer than I have in over a month.

Didn't get to a movie - just to much H&H to venture out. Will definitely head to outdoor concert tonight. Boston is experiencing a slew of outdoor entertainment. This week we've been to rock, jazz and bluegrass concerts-all free. Classical tonight and Shakespeare in a few days. Too bad the heat hasn't broken.

5 hot ,humid, sweat drenched slow miles for me tonight.  Just caught up on all of the post from this past weekend and I am totally amazed by everyone in the group. Glad to be a part of this!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Quick fly-by post, as my family is waiting for me to join them to watch Elementary.

Great pics, Tammy and Mariposai!

Mustang Sally - scary about the bike accident, sad about the foolish fawn, hoping the humans ended up okay.

7 fartlek filled miles for me this morning in 77 humid degrees at 5am, which is pretty darn hot here.

Okay, they're starting without me...Angry

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  No run, today.  I did go for a short bike ride and mowed the lawn, though.  It has been go-go-go, since I've been home!

Okay--I gotta go!  See...I told you.

Mariposai

Jay, your fawn was smarter than ours.

We were flying down the waterfront yesterday when a fawn bounced into the path of the lead rider in our paceline.  The little guy got all entangled in her bike before bouncing into the next guy, who went down hard, head-first.  Then the little @#!$ bounced away, its mother in hot pursuit.  I cannot think it will survive.  We are very fortunate that he-who-took-the-header will survive.  He hit hard and badly.  Before it was over, we had two ambulances, a police car, and an uncanny number of passing physician-runners on the scene.

Will ride this afternoon, as I pummelled the 0515 alarm into submission and missed my morning ride.  Instead, I got up two hours later, put on cycling gear, and rode to the coffee shop that's running Tour de France video live, met everyone who'd actually *ridden hard* to get there, sat around, drank coffee, and ate brioche.  Très bien.

For the records....

I love and admire this girl!

I am so glad you are OK! and that he-who-took-the-header will survive. Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Sorry about the accident with the fawn, and glad the hoomins will survive, but also hope the fawn will be ok. And yes, Mustang Sally, tres bien indeed. (Don't know how to do the accent with iPad!)

Love the pictures. Tammy, that looks like fun. Your dogs are beautiful!

10.4 mile trail run after work today. Just about IRC with temps around 70, a slight breeze but too many mosquitoes (there always has to be something, right?). I really need to do runs like this more often. First 7 miles of the Equinox course, then the trail back behind campus back to my office building. Now to take it somewhat easy till Sunday's Gold Discovery Run. Sort of a mini taper, I guess.