Masters Running

Need Marathon Recommendations (Read 215 times)

DD and I were going to do the Disney marathon this January but she wont be ready to run 2.62 by then. So I am fishing for marathon recommendations that have an associated half marathon that she can run. We would just stick to Disney but the HM is booked up. We like traveling so any marathon in the US would be fine. Preferably a flat one. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

xor

Well, there sure are lots to choose from when you limit it to "any marathon in the US", although "flat" is different for different people. 1. Any places you like more (or a whole lot LESS) than others? 2. Is the presence of spectators important to you? 3. Do you want city? Or rural? Or do you care?

#artbydmcbride

Rock'n'Roll Phoenix, Arizona!!

Runners run

evanflein

Carlsbad was a very nice course with a few hills. The HM course is nice... not sure if it's filled or not though.
          TammyinGP

Not that I have any marathon experience and have only run in a few fairly local HM's, but I really really loved either Avenue of the Giants in May or the Humboldt Redwoods in October. It's the same course, same locale, just organized by a different group for the two marathons. On course spectating/cheering is sort of nonexistent once you get past the start because you are running in the heart of the Redwoods, so it's a bit different in that regard if you are used to having crowd support, music, etc. I ran the one in May and again the one in Oct in 2007 and will go again in 2009. I think it's a great destination M or HM.

Tammy

I think Carlsbad is one of the nicest HM's on the West coast unless you can wait until May and do the Avenue of the Giants which has both half and full coursesl. Also in So Cal, in early Feb. is Surf City marathon (and half) in Huntington Beach (flat courses). I see Tammy beat me to telling about the Ave Smile
                hi Laurie - not sure if either of you are up for a fall marathon/1/2 marathon, but Baystate in Lowell is pretty flat -- the only problem is they are both double loops which can be a little boring but for the marathon i found it kind of cool (at least the first time around) that you run from lowell to tyngsboro back to lowell -- a lot of people in my running group will be doing those and i saw CNYrunner is signed up to run the full marathon -- i'll probably be volunteering for some stretch of it!! the date is Oct 19

denise

munchkn883

Country Music - Nashville, TN Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon - Knoxville, TN 26.2 w/Donna -- National Breast Cancer Marathon - Jacksonville, FL
                    I could do AZ or CA fairly easily. Well I could stay there easily that is. I have family in both locations. I loved visiting CA this summer and would gladly run it again. Although Jacksonville would be fun too as I used to live there. Wow so many decisions. I will bring them up to DD who most likely will like CA. Thanks Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Dees, I would do Lowell but I am doing the Cape with my running partner the same month. One of these days we will have to meet up and run with CNYrunner. Did you run the Bridge of Flowers with her? Laurie