Masters Running

Birch Bay Marathon Photos (Read 323 times)

Just a bit more self-indulgence before the glow of the day wears off. Besides, I had to get in photos of my special run with Gordon. Smile Photos courtesy of Vicky. In the distance in the photos you can see the peninsula that is the double loop for most of the run. About 3 miles out, double loop, 3 miles back. Sunrise at Birch Bay State Park Sun is up Lyndenrunner showing Soundrunner the way down the home stretch Toward the finishing "chute" Vicky, Soundrunner, Lyndenrunner

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks soundi. you've changed the whole impression I've had over the years about BB being nothing except wind and rain. It's beautiful and gorgeous from all views, . . . and the puget sound scenery isn't that bad either. Smile Is Mt. Baker there too? No particular reason but is there any chance Vicki might come to the Mercer Island Half Mary too?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Looks flat, flat, flat and beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thanks for tagging a visual along with your splendid report. Ta ta, Rick
        Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
          http://barefootrunner.org
          Mt. Baker would be to the right off of the photos. Oh, you should have seen Mt. Baker and Cascades that day! I've never seen such snow on Baker. We took the long drive home, stopping in funky Fairhaven for lunch and pottery and glass shop browsing. Wonderful bookstore there, too. On the way south out of the Bellingham area, we drove along Chuckanut Drive, right along the water on the bluff overlooking the ocean (Belly Mary. You know, we stayed in the same hotel, just so I could feel the same Belly Mary vibe... Smile) At one point along the bluff, we were both thinking the same thing, but Vicky said it first: "We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place." Smile Vicky is walking the MIH. She's a big walker, walking the Avon 3-Day every year and sometimes in more than one city. I always tell her running a marathon is nothing in comparison.
          SteveP

These photos were a greta way to start the day. Running shore lines rock. Thanks

SteveP

Thanks for the pictures, sound. You sure had beautiful scenery and it's always nice to see pictures of members of our virtual community. TomS

King of PhotoShop

Looks just like Dallas! Seriously, those are beautiful shots. You don't look too bad yourself. That looked almost like a sprint heading to the finish. Thanks for posting these. Spareribs
                  Hey, Who's that fat bald guy running beside you?...holy crap that's me...I better start laying off the Doritos...
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, you DO live in a beautiful place! Colorado's pretty nice too, but you have a lot more oxygen down there at sea level! What a pretty location for a race - glad you got such good weather, and good company (from the fat bald guy Big grin!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

HermosaBoy

GREAT pictures!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I like photos!
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        coastwalker

Phabulous photos! I imagine that one of the reasons that you had such a great day was because you were in such a beautiful place. Was this a bib-free race? I don't see a race number on you as you sped toward the finish. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

wow - what a perfect day for running!! Thanks for the photos Soundie - you look incredibly strong and the scenery is just awesome. Cute bald guy too! Cool

Tammy

dg.

thanks Soundie. these were the perfect antidote to just about anything. smiling as I go on to the next phase of my day.