Masters Running

Monday Back to Work Runs and Marathon Reports (Read 445 times)

Morning everyone - hello??? Is anyone out there? No posts yet this morning? And the first one isn't even a run - just cross training for me today. 4.5 miles on the eliptical followed with ab and leg work. Read Karin's exciting marathon report and am anxious to hear about Mary's day in Detroit. It's raining here, dark and dreary. A good day to sleep. Hey - maybe that's where everyone is! Wake up, people!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Jlynne, nice XT...Congrats to your Packers....Colts sucked Angry I bet Mary is out for an easy 12 miler this morning Big grin Great Job Girl on getting it done....we are all so very proud of you Smile Well, let the Taper Madness begin for me. Won't be too bad this week because I still get to run 30 to 35 miles, but next week, watch out Evil grin Still can't believe I made it to this point....I was closer to the breaking point more than you all realize. And I really appreciate alllll the great help and support from the greatest people in the World here at RA. HAVE A GREAT DAY, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

The Jogger

Thanks for opening Jeanne and well done on the cross training. Tim you're more than ready and well up for it........ I did a 10 mileer today in the drizzle on a hilly trail, it was sooooo nice though, I was sitting looking out at the weather doubtful but was so inspired this weekend I had no excuse. In a rush will post later. Roy Well done to Mary and Karin Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, Congratulations on your first marathon Mary...any thoughts about your next one? Big grin ...Cracking run Roy! A rest day for me today but the temps are certainly dropping like a rock lately. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mariposai

0500 39F 6 easy miles with 1/4mile hillx3. It was dark outside...it was spooky. Ate way too much yesterday, I felt heavy and uncoordinated. {{{erika}}} how is the MARATHONER feeling today. If too sore, go out for a short 2 miler...it helps with the overall healing process. Enjoy your accomplishment Mary. You have done a terrific job TIM. We all feel that way towards the end of our marathon training. Just hang in there. I am rebuilding base slowly...this week I will run 20 miles yieepeee.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Just an easy 4 miles this morning with T...then a pleasant 1 mile walk after... Congrats to all the racers this weekend...well done
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

A beautiful run for my friend and me this morning on the XC trails at Pineland Farms, which has to be one of the prettiest places anywhere. The ex-wife of one of the founders of Intel donated a LOT of money to fix up the old buildings on the property - it was a school for mentally disabled people until the early 80s. It looks like an Ivy league campus. Her foundation also created an unbelievable network of trails for running and skiing, and built a huge arena and stable for thoroughbred horses. When you run on the trails, you'll come around a corner and see fields with white picket fences, barns, ponds, and lots of bright foliage. It's the first time my friend has run there, and she was blown away. The campus buildings are now occupied by businesses, a Y, a nursery school, etc., and there is a Commons building with a really good cafeteria - they will cook eggs or French toast for you while you wait. A fun thing to do after a run! We ended up running only 3.1 miles, since Martha's hip is bothering her. It was so hilly and curvy that it took us 37 minutes! I can't believe that DS16 can run that distance on similar trails or worse in 16:39. How is that possible?? Sorry for rambling - it was just such an awesome morning! Hope everyone has a good week of running. I think I will get out again this afternoon since we didn't go very far.
                  Mary and Mtnchk, we are waiting......tapping of foot......hope you both had a blast. Football season is upon us, I notice. I'll have to pay attention....altho I have noted Penn State and JoePa are having fun this year. TimBo, bring your taper madness here. Peter, are you having any? (And what "rock" like temps do you have there?) Gym day for me, ho-hum. Hope Monday is at least bearable for everyone (well, I guess I should use another word for any Vikings fans...) grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! No run for me today, and I didn’t even do any x-training this morning. I fussed and puttered around the house and ran out of time. I will do some core work tonight. Busy, busy at work today – check in later.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! How do ya feel today Mary? And You Karin.. quite a fall! 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in frosty 35F. Calf did not complain!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

OK, got my time for the Atlantic City 1/2 1:54:57. Apparently, 8:47 is my second half of 2008 race pace! I came in 6 out of 54 for W40-49. Will write up a race report this afternoon. So far today, I've only taken the dog for a walk and done the stairs about 15 times trying to clean the house up from the weekend of mayhem that Mr Nono and the kidds had with me basically gone. I'm hoping Renee and I can go out for a 1 or 2 miler tonight. Congrats to all everyone for great weekend runs and races!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Nono - great job! I just wanted to share that one of our number here at RA is about to receive a prestigious and well-deserved award for her unceasing work and generous giving of her time within the community. MARIPOSAI is being honored as Arturis Latino Hero of Washington!! You are truly an inspiration, Nancy – I am blessed and honored to call you friend. Smile (can I post the picture?)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Monday all: It's the kind of day that reminds me why I love being in New England (as long as I don't think TOO much about what comes after Wink ) 33 this morning at 6am, so the first run in tights and extra layers. Portions felt positively sproinky, although afterwards I realized it was mostly the portion with a tail wind Roll eyes Oh well, I take sproinky no matter how it's derived. 4.2 in 38:13 with 3 x 100 striders mixed in. I'm belated figuring out that the past two weekends of glutton eating is not helping my speed. If I go by DH's weight formula (2 sec/pound/mile), I'm carrying 1:30 off my 5K time around the middle at the moment Embarrassed No more seconds and try hard to embarrass myself into a 4th day on the roads. Such great RR of yesterday and today. our crew did wonderful on all their races. I was hoping to Coastwalker's Great Bay 5K this coming Saturday (anyone near NH should give it a shot Smile ), but got a call from a neighbor on the lake in Maine to tell me that our dock was aground on his beach. I asked if he meant our raft, because I didn't think the dock was capable of floating. Apparently, they've had some very high water, and yes, the dock is capable of floating--so a trip up (along with some very cold water work) to try and retrieve it. Much rather be running! Thank you all for your kind thoughts about my uncle -in-law. I don't do him justice, but as a little indication that I wasn't the only one affected by him, several hundred folks from all walks of life showed up at his celebration. pretty impressive from a pretty small area in VT. I told my DW that I hope I can get the number of the catering staff at mine Wink Good runs and recoveries to all. Kevin eta: Holly's post is useless without pictures-POST IT!!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Yes that Mariposai is one special lady. Can we post the picture/invite? It's really very beautiful... Stumpy, I figure I'm carrying at least several minutes off my marathon time with what I'm packing. The older I get though... the less I'm motivated to do much about it. Blush After three days straight of pool running (3.5 hours' worth!), I'm staying dry today. Will probably ride my bike at home while I roast a chicken for dinner. I like multi-tasking like that... going to call the podiatrist today.
                              DickyG

In an economy where corporate quarterly reports generally show weak sales and weaker profits (actually, a loss in many cases) the Hershey company, our nation's second-largest candymaker, doubled its profits in the third quarter. Now that is one sweet company. Too many great week-end runs & races to bore you with NASCAR details..I guess if you're not a fan, you wouldn't be interested anyway and if you are a fan, you probably saw the race on TV yesterday. Terrific race reports...I've read all of 'em..everyone's hard work & training paid off...maybe I can turn in a decent time this Saturday, although I've been absolutely terrible for about 10 years now. Teresa: Picket fences, barns, ponds, foliage...jeez...sounds terrific. NoNo: That's a great time for the half! Anxious to read a RR...nice going. Erika:
                                The older I get though... the less I'm motivated to do much about it.
                                AMEN, sister! Pretty decent run for me this morning...5.2 miles in 46:23 (8:56) DickyG